Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

On 4/23/2023 at 9:14 PM, PantsTent said:

There’s two different cards. An Hâ'Eâ'B and central market one. Need to weigh this against AmEx Blue cash that weâre currently using for groceries.

Yeah I am doing the same math. The Amex Blue is 3% on all groceries, this one 1.5% with a bonus of 5% on HEB branded. I think for us the Amex blue is still going to be better. 

Had it been 5% on all HEB purchases we would just get both I guess and use the Amex Blue on WFs and TJs. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 9:04 AM, hornbri said:

Yeah I am doing the same math. The Amex Blue is 3% on all groceries, this one 1.5% with a bonus of 5% on HEB branded. I think for us the Amex blue is still going to be better. 

Had it been 5% on all HEB purchases we would just get both I guess and use the Amex Blue on WFs and TJs. 

The blue cash preferred will give you 6% at the grocery store.  It's like $100 a year, but it pays for itself multiple times per year.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I never noticed these at Central Market until today. Not sure how I’m gonna prep them but I think I’ll probably fry them up. That has to be 1,000 dead chickens in that tray.

That is a real find. I don’t think I’d fry them though. Those are delicate and and don’t need long to cook. It would be tough to not overcook and still get a crispy crust. 

Edit

on second thought, you could probably do it like an oyster, using cornmeal instead of flour

Edited by TonyTexas

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2023 at 10:43 AM, CooterBrown said:

I was also going to save out some to do a simple stir fry for lunch tomorrow with just onion, jalapeños, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.

So how did the chicken oysters turn out?  I've walked by them a hundred times at CM with some level of intrigue, but never made a purchase.