Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

3 hours ago, Smax said:

Anyone try these tortillas
And wtf is this chili, come on heb

I've tried the tortillas. I think the texture is closer to naan than a tortilla. They also have a sourdough taste to them. The puff up well when you heat them up, but they don't remind me much of a real tortilla. The Carb Sense tortillas are a truer substitute imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/20/2022 at 1:38 PM, South Austin said:

I tend to prefer straight up black coffee with no flavor, but I love a good pecan roast.

Hill Country was my favorite HEB coffee, but they don't put it in K-Cups. I think they tried briefly but I haven't see it again in the last couple of years. Texas Pecan is good, so is the San Antonio. Austin blend and Houston blend are not good at all, terrible flavor combinations. 

But I discovered 8 O'Clock Colombian Peaks a couple of years ago and haven't bought HEB coffee since. 

I was walking through the meat coolers a few weeks ago and saw the Hill Country Fare brand fajita meat packages and grabbed one chicken and one beef. Froze them and remembered I had them a few days ago and got the beef out of the freezer.

10/10 would recommend. Slammed and went hard at some fajitas. Added some Valentina’s and took it to 11.

15 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Did you just get out of prison? Hill Country Fair fajita meat is dog food. Gotta get the H‑E‑B or Mi Tienda branded version.

I disagree.  For the past 20 years, I have been cooking HCF Beef and HEB Chicken Fajitas (with my own bit of tinkering) to rave results.

8 hours ago, After irth said:

I disagree.  For the past 20 years, I have been cooking HCF Beef and HEB Chicken Fajitas (with my own bit of tinkering) to rave results.

Grilled up some HEB Chicken Fajitas last night.  The big package.  Should last the week.  Impossible to fuck up.  Always good.

19 hours ago, After irth said:

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Grilled up some HEB Chicken Fajitas last night.  The big package.  Should last the week.  Impossible to fuck up.  Always good.

What the fuck did you guys just say?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

What the fuck did you guys just say?

Much like any cocktail served in a certain glass is a “martini”, you do acknowledge that stores and restaurants take random cuts of meat, soak them in some shit, and sell them as “fajitas”, right?

I don’t condone this sort of behavior. I just drink a beer and cook the shit over fire. And they are delicious. 

Edited by After irth
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

the spicy chicken thighs are too spicy 

45 minutes ago, After irth said:

Way to lay down that man-card. 

They're not TOO spicy. But they're SIGNIFICANTLY spicier than expected. There's far too much heat for my wife or my kids so I can't ever buy them. I just add fresh sliced jalapenos if I need the extra kick. 

They're not TOO spicy. But they're SIGNIFICANTLY spicier than expected. There's far too much heat for my wife or my kids so I can't ever buy them. I just add fresh sliced jalapenos if I need the extra kick. 

This. I like em, but they’re too much for some of the folks I serve them to.

The fajita marinated thighs are perfect. I’ve had more than one non-local comment that they’re the best tacos they’ve ever had. They really are damn good.

On 3/2/2022 at 12:12 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

NSIAP. Too lazy to go back through the thread to see if this has been posted.... but I got into some of this last night and holy shit it's good.

H-E-B Select Ingredients Creamy Creations Mexican Hot Chocolate Ice Cream,  Half Gallon - Shop Ice Cream & Treats at H-E-B

omg yes. i can only buy a pint at a time lol. that little gritty sugar streak in there, mmmm 😊

On 8/22/2021 at 7:20 PM, Hmbre97 said:

I looked for those this afternoon at my HEB but no dice. I did see these though. I'm usually a flamin' hot cheetos guy but these are really good. Not too hot unless you eat a quarter of the bag as the heat builds

dPt4Xz1.jpeg

AGk0z-PPXZqcrhjnLV4mIqfkN8UU9GBsS6BozTALoSIB4x5ed6AyHjdlMn3_oWe4J53r8tLKhzbuP8LHd4v2lacx_elblP3w7eFFY3e2FFnJ=s4000

This nugget of carolina reaper cheese stuff probably packs a bit of a kick. fucker is dense. 

On 3/2/2022 at 12:12 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

NSIAP. Too lazy to go back through the thread to see if this has been posted.... but I got into some of this last night and holy shit it's good.

H-E-B Select Ingredients Creamy Creations Mexican Hot Chocolate Ice Cream,  Half Gallon - Shop Ice Cream & Treats at H-E-B

Try the new HEB Swoon brand if you don't fear the diabeetus.

I've been making my own ranch with the Hidden Valley mix, but it makes a fn' mess. The only bottled one I've gone to alternately is the HEB Three Cheese Ranch in the grocery section. Good stuff. Gonna have to give those above a try.

13 minutes ago, DougO said:

I've been making my own ranch with the Hidden Valley mix, but it makes a fn' mess. The only bottled one I've gone to alternately is the HEB Three Cheese Ranch in the grocery section. Good stuff. Gonna have to give those above a try.

homemade ranch is the only way to fly

59 minutes ago, DougO said:

Buy plastic salad dressing bottle from Amazon with lid.

Mayo first, packet, add milk. Shake and refrigerate. No mess. 

Signoraware Shaker Bottles | 17-Ounce Plastic Protein Shake Bottle for Meal Replacement Shakes & Smoothies, Beverages, Mixing Salad Dressing & Sauces, Margarita, & More | 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L9QB588/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_7A1DMJ9Y0NQT5F7E8DSG

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1