Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

On 8/29/2022 at 12:10 PM, Mittens said:

Didn't know this was even possible.  Haven't been in a Kroger in Texas for like 20yrs, but the ones in Nashville are absolute ass. Just trashy af.

As someone suffering from the lack of HEB's in Dallas, I've had to put up with Kroger for far too long. Also fuck Tom Thumb with their over-priced asses (even when you scan their discount "reward" card it's routinely more expensive than other grocers)

• Hook 'Em 1

Select? That's kinda expensive for dog food.

Bullshit. Is it a steak you want to present as a perfect steak? One, it’s a perfect steak I would have bought for my in-laws because they ate them well done. Fuck handing them a fine prime cut. Here’s your $3 burned hunk of cow. While my bride and I can now afford prime steaks.

As posted, these are perfect for chopping into a stew, braising like a Swiss steak, grinding into burger meat for a number of things. And it’s certainly cheaper than the typical 93% lean stuff at $5+ a pound.

I scour the ads for specials every week as it’s still one of the loss leaders they use and Walmart and clubs don’t. I got 4 3lb Nolan Ryan Chuck roasts at Kroger last week at $3.27 a pound. Half of Costco or Sam’s. I’m loaded with venison, stocked up on pork loins and tenderloins on sale. Got 12 pounds of 16-21 jumbo gulf white shrimp in the freezer bought at like $7.99 LB.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

Warning-  Their knock-off cheez it's are fucking terrible.  I don't know what I was thinking trying to skimp $1.50 and not get the real ones.

image.png.d825b89f9fa41f702ec75080250e3ed1.png

These, however, are fucking delicious.  

image.png.14e81cbe0f443ab102e8abd97c85f4bc.png

C'mon...Cheez It's are perfection. Never try to find a substitute. 

just stopping in to say man do i miss HEB 😒 

i mean i knew i would but gotdamn does Safeway suck... and it's expensive as shit! the 'spice aisle' is like maybe six feet of shelf 😐 prepared foods are meh and their rotisserie chickens are horrible. King Sooper is even worse, trashy stores with half empty shelves.

coming back to Texas for a bit in a couple weeks... thank god we're driving so i can stock up!

i'll get used to it eventually i'm sure...but rn i really miss HEB, Enchiladas y Mas, and friends...probably in that order 😄

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

just stopping in to say man do i miss HEB 😒 

i mean i knew i would but gotdamn does Safeway suck... and it's expensive as shit! the 'spice aisle' is like maybe six feet of shelf 😐 prepared foods are meh and their rotisserie chickens are horrible. King Sooper is even worse, trashy stores with half empty shelves.

coming back to Texas for a bit in a couple weeks... thank god we're driving so i can stock up!

i'll get used to it eventually i'm sure...but rn i really miss HEB, Enchiladas y Mas, and friends...probably in that order 😄

You will “get used to it” but there will be a hole in your heart, your stomach and your pantry 

You DFW folks should be excited 

H-E-B, already a juggernaut in Houston, announced over the holiday weekend that it is finally expanding to the Dallas-Fort Worth area with a Sept. 21 opening in Frisco.

The supermarket will clock in at 111,000 square feet and includes a location of its popular True Texas BBQ restaurants, which Texas Monthly once named the best barbecue chain in the state. An extensive prepared food section, gas station, car wash, and drive-through pharmacy — all H-E-B trademarks — will be part of DFW’s first shop, located at 4800 Main Street.

1 hour ago, Wiler77 said:

Circle C HEB has drive thru pharmacy and has for years.  It's pretty convenient.

As soon as I hit submit I thought of that one.

Regardless, there are hundreds of HEBs and only a handful with those features, so calling them trademarks seems a bit off to me.  Maybe the newer ones have them and HEB is making a point in their releases for branding purposes.

• 2 weeks later...