Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, DoobieWah said:

Once upon a time, Little Dougielocks needed to feed three hungry bears so he mixed a can of BBQ beans and a can of charro beans and they were juuuuust right. 

The end 

Not quite the end. Also made me fart like thunder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Don't care if already posted, these are crack.  Currently available with green, red or white frosting (I got the white with red and green sprinkles, box will be destroyed by tomorrow night...)
Lofthousecookiesreal.jpg

Agree 100% but they're not specific to HEB. You can find those delicious motherfuckers in any grocery store bakery section. I speculate that they all come from the same sweatshop in China and have some sort of highly addictive top secret Chinese government designer drug in the recipe. We call them orgasm cookies in our household.
  • Like 1

I didn’t see it mentioned but the Meal Simple section is awesome. A lot of fresh ingredient meals, entrees or sides that are ready to heat and eat.

My favorites include:
Chipotle lime chicken breast, broccoli and potatoes
(Santa Fe?) Chicken breast and broccoli
Small strip steak and potatoes
Bacon wrapped asparagus
Chicken, bacon, Mac n cheese
Chicken Tortilla soup kit

Our H-E-B in hut to just tripled their space dedicated to their meal simple stuff so I know I’m not alone. It’s great when I work a later shift and used to spend my lunch eating fast food somewhere. I can get a better meal in a half hour with half the calories and no waste since I’m cooking for one.

15 hours ago, GottaB said:

I didn’t see it mentioned but the Meal Simple section is awesome. A lot of fresh ingredient meals, entrees or sides that are ready to heat and eat.

My favorites include:
Chipotle lime chicken breast, broccoli and potatoes
(Santa Fe?) Chicken breast and broccoli
Small strip steak and potatoes
Bacon wrapped asparagus
Chicken, bacon, Mac n cheese
Chicken Tortilla soup kit

Our H-E-B in hut to just tripled their space dedicated to their meal simple stuff so I know I’m not alone. It’s great when I work a later shift and used to spend my lunch eating fast food somewhere. I can get a better meal in a half hour with half the calories and no waste since I’m cooking for one.

Have found the quality of these varies greatly. My shitty HEB at Parmer and Mopac are damn near inedible (they look it too)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rejoice.

University of Texas System regents voted unanimously Tuesday to authorize the system’s staff to negotiate a lease with grocery company H-E-B for 2.6 acres on the UT-owned Brackenridge Tract in West Austin. The parcel at the intersection of Lake Austin and Exposition boulevards has been leased by Randalls for a grocery store since 1977.

The university sought proposals and bids last year for leasing the parcel and a nearby half-acre parcel occupied by a 7-Eleven convenience store, as those parcels were nearing the end of their lease terms. The regents also authorized negotiations to renew the lease with 7-Eleven. Financial terms with H-E-B and 7-Eleven were not disclosed given that negotiations have not been completed.

H-E-B did not immediately respond to requests for comment. It’s not clear whether the company plans to build a new store or occupy the existing one, but the former seems more likely.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190226/h-e-b-to-replace-randalls-at-ut-owned-site-in-west-austin

• 3 weeks later...

Well since I'm here, I'll put out what I always get (even though it's probably already been mentioned):

- Butter flavored flour tortillas

- 100 count Snickernut cookie/Texas Pecan/etc K cups

- Lemon pepper quarters or BBQ drumsticks on rotation

- BBQ whole wings or plain partial wings to fry naked

- Intense chocolate ice cream

- Large fruit tray (w/ kiwi)

1 hour ago, Mack Tripper said:

This is the shit - the jalapeño emulsion green sauce (like Tacodeli’s salsa doña). This seems to last longer than the salsa doña you can get at Whole Foods and I actually like it better. Made in Weslaco.
151792262e37a47d29f00a7886c77e6e.jpg

Shit HEB makes, not shit you can buy at HEB.

• Like 1