And hold to the low lintel up
The still-defended challenge-cup.

And round that early-laurelled head
Will flock to gaze the strengthless dead,
And find unwithered on its curls
The garland briefer than a girl’s.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, bluto said:

that mean the lhn gig is done for too? (or was it already?)

dude is gonna be legit hard up for cash, Mack needs to just give him an allowance/hire him in chapel hill

The last thing he needs is more enabling. 

I think he just licensed his name for the steakhouse. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

WTF?  As if they can't afford it.

I would guess that a substantial factor in the decision to terminate him, in addition to the abundance of cause, was the decision to let him feel some consequences/stop enabling him.

my mom was an AD at SAS for many years, and I've been working with the athletics department on and off for 15 years and we've hired a bunch of former Horns football players over the years, and only one- one single guy- actually took his job seriously and didn't act like he was bigger than the entire school- Ramonce Taylor. He was coach here for (I think) three seasons and he was a great coach who the kids loved. 9/10 of the other former Horns we've hired routinely show up late/miss work/peter out/etc. It's chronic, and it's frankly pathetic how consistently it's happened. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

I seem to remember reading something that he took a bad deal on that or a friend/biz partner screwed him. I could be wrong though. 

I seem to remember they paid him a fee upfront to use his name, but he has no ownership or receives no royalties. Hope that money was tucked under a mattress. 

28 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

A guy with a dipshit for an agent that’s hell bent on screwing his client.

A lot of contracts like that have some sort of out for ‘behavior unbecoming’ etc.  If you think your client is going to fuck up and it’s a decent chunk of change, just take it up front.  Vince would be a difficult client.  Let’s just say that.  

A lot of contracts like that have some sort of out for ‘behavior unbecoming’ etc.  If you think your client is going to fuck up and it’s a decent chunk of change, just take it up front.  Vince would be a difficult client.  Let’s just say that.  

Read up on his agent when he was coming out of Texas.

3 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Read up on his agent when he was coming out of Texas.

Oh, I don't mean in any particular instance.  I just mean that type of contract.  I'm not shocked he had a snake for an agent but that one particular act could actually be smart depending on circumstances. 

The reality is he seems to have almost zero good people on the inner circle and it's a damn shame. 

Oh, I don't mean in any particular instance.  I just mean that type of contract.  I'm not shocked he had a snake for an agent but that one particular act could actually be smart depending on circumstances. 
The reality is he seems to have almost zero good people on the inner circle and it's a damn shame. 

I gotcha.

He's not Johnny Manziel dumpster fire fucked up but he needs to get his shit together. Considering his status with the University I don't like the optics of this but I have to imagine because of that status it was discussed all the way up to CDC and making it public was either required or thought to be necessary somehow. 

I hope he matures and comes back into the fold down the line.