Old Yearbook Scandals

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

lol of course he was a KA at Auburn.

And even though the national organization banned confederate dress almost 10 years ago, this is how they dress for Old South today -

cdf74cc041d827b2e5b5292acf8ea65e.jpg

Nope. Those costumes certainly don’t evoke the confederacy. Not at all.

Wasn't going to mention it but I do remember the KA's at Auburn having the Old South parade thru town. And NO it was not only at Auburn. Pretty sure every southern campus had it. Know Alabama banned it a few years ago

4 hours ago, AUinHsv said:

Know Alabama banned it a few years ago

A little while back, had some overage Bama KAs stage a retro frat bash at a house nearby. Thanks to the topography, we could see and hear most of it. It would be impossible to parody them. I think it was a "Pocahontas" themed party-- the dates (wives?) were puke-skinny fry-blondes with Chihuahua stares and feathers stuck in their headbands, the gentlemen were in various stages of button-down beer-sweat with beer-deafness kicking in early. "HEY MAAAAAN. HEY MAAAAAN. WHUT? I SAID HEYYYYYY MANNNNNNNNN."

My wife, who looks a lot more like Pocahontas than their wives, was outside messing with the grill when one of them shouted (I believe in a discussion about immigration) "HEY WE HAD BROWN PEOPLE WORKIN FOR US BEFORE AN' WE'LL HAVE BROWN PEOPLE WORKIN' FOR US AGAIN," before his slightly sober date spotted the brown girl listening and started cooling the drunks.

Other than that, they're a step up from some folks we had living at that house.

• 1 month later...