Old Yearbook Scandals

Hugo Stiglitz

There is one thing missing from all this outrage.  Why is VMI not taking any?  What dumbfuck yearbook editor looks at that photo and thinks "there's nothing in that picture that makes my school look bad"?  How bad of a photo did one have to take at VMI in the 1980s before their yearbook editors decided "nope, we better pass on that one"?

Not only does "I only wore blackface a different time as MJ" utterly fail as an excuse, it makes me think that is him in the photo.   MJ wore a bowtie on the cover of Off The Wall, and routinely wore black sunglasses and a fedora.  The pic actually looks like a bad MJ costume. 

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

There is one thing missing from all this outrage.  Why is VMI not taking any?  What dumbfuck yearbook editor looks at that photo and thinks "there's nothing in that picture that makes my school look bad"?  How bad of a photo did one have to take at VMI in the 1980s before their yearbook editors decided "nope, we better pass on that one"?

Maybe because the yearbook was from Eastern Virginia Medical School and not VMI. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Forget it. He’s rolling. Nobody (or a very minimal number of people) is advocating that.

My opinion... Should everybody be forever shunned for things they did when young? No. Should somebody be able to retain office after something like this? No. There have to be consequences, even for poor decisions in our distant youth, and he should take the opportunity to hold himself accountable. If he wants to have a future in politics, he should resign and run again in the next election. Take the time to fully acknowledge his actions, try to regain the trust of his constituents, and demonstrate the values our politicians SHOULD have

Couldn’t the consequence be not getting re-elected by the citizens of Virginia, you know, the people he governs instead of forced retirement by those trying to score political points? If they believe that a photo taken 35 years ago reflects his charectar today, shouldn’t they be the ones making the call on it?

7 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Couldn’t the consequence be not getting re-elected by the citizens of Virginia, you know, the people he governs instead of forced retirement by those trying to score political points? If they believe that a photo taken 35 years ago reflects his charectar today, shouldn’t they be the ones making the call on it?

No, because he's barred from running for another term. 

On 2/1/2019 at 8:07 PM, TwiceHorn said:

You have a higher opinion of office holders than I do.  If that's the stupidest thing they did, even while in office, I would be grateful.

Just curious, how old were you in 1984?

I was 8 in 1984 and already knew blackface and klan outfits were racist. And at 8, I even knew that if someone wanted to do something racist, they shouldn't pose for a photo of it, and they sure as shit shouldn't put it in the yearbook. 

Northam needs to gtfo.  And the RNC and Gillespie's oppo reaearch sucks. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The way Northam has handled this is more evidence that it is in fact him in the photo.

Yeah no shit. He only wore blackface for a Michael Jackson contest.  As if that makes it all good. 

Can't be him in the klan outfit either. He only wore his klan outfit to klan meetings and nobody was ever in blackface there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

King yes.  What did Cocaine Mitch do?   Was he in the KKK like Byrd?  Did he use “nigger” on CNN this millennium?

Mitch sucks as majority leader.  Doesn't mean he should resign as Senator, but the GOP should put someone better up as leader.  He is altogether ineffective whether you are looking for a leader to negotiate compromise, to rally his party, or to ram legislation through. He has none of the skills required for leadership. To use a baseball analogy, he is a 0 tooled Senator, and you need a 5 tooled Senator to get shit done. 

6 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Pictures with him and the Confederate Flag, or is that not enough

Whole lotta fraternity boys in the south will never hold high office.

I imagine KAs and SAEs in particular have more than a few capable men posing in politically toxic photographs and pics.

That's too bad.

7 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Pictures with him and the Confederate Flag, or is that not enough

No that's not enough. In what context was he in a picture with a confederate flag ? Was he waving it and chanting the south s gonna rise again ? We he genuflecting before it, kissing its hem ?  The flag has been marked as a symbol of hate and racism rightly and wrongly  . 

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No that's not enough. In what context was he in a picture with a confederate flag ? Was he waving it and chanting the south s gonna rise again ? We he genuflecting before it, kissing its hem ?  The flag has been marked as a symbol of hate and racism rightly and wrongly  . 

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Whole lotta fraternity boys in the south will never hold high office.

I imagine KAs and SAEs in particular have more than a few capable men posing in politically toxic photographs and pics.

That's too bad.

In my 1.5 years at Tech, you knew pretty quickly to stay clear of the KAs

but a KA was in a class of mine and we were in a group project together.  He was actually a nice dude.  

On 2/2/2019 at 10:25 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

Lmao, but.....

But grab em in the pussy ten years ago as a media personality on a radio show = hates all women. 

This thread is hypocrisy overload. Lmao. Only because he’s a democrat. His ass would would be burned to the ground if he were republican. He should be thankful. 

Those of you hypocrites spinning and apologizing for your racist baby killing teammate are disgusting human beings. 

The left has left the middle class and the rest of the country behind, and will force another vote for trump. Too dumb to learn from their mistakes. 

I still love this post. Chicken Sandwich responding to a fellow Republican's post and screaming bloody murder at absolutely no one.