If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Wonder if Cubes was listening. Not such a good look for his franchise, which has had its own issues with the Pants DJ, to retire that number so quickly.

Bryant could have been a saint, and Cuban would still look stupid retiring his jersey on behalf of a team he never played for.  Did any other teams do this?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RPM said:

The Ticket is in serious trouble if they leave Corby as afternoon host. What's happening with Russ Martin? Is he leaving The Eagle or just changing timeslots? If they're cancelled you might be able to salvage a couple guys from there to mix with him, but they would need to take a lead role and keep him muzzled.

Dan O'Malley and Corby might take the cake as the worst radio show in history if the ESPN geniuses hadn't put out a show with Friedo and loudmouth Steve Dennis. I don't mind O'Malley on his show now but Corby is the last person outside of either Friedo or Dennis you'd want to mix him with. 

4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Bryant could have been a saint, and Cuban would still look stupid retiring his jersey on behalf of a team he never played for.  Did any other teams do this?

Agreed 100%. Save that shit for social trailblazers like Jackie Robinson.

• Like 1

Just now, Junior Miller said:

Dan O'Malley and Corby might take the cake as the worst radio show in history if the ESPN geniuses hadn't put out a show with Friedo and loudmouth Steve Dennis. I don't mind O'Malley on his show now but Corby is the last person outside of either Friedo or Dennis you'd want to mix him with. 

Friedo and Steve Dennis is the worst radio program in the history of DFW radio. And we've been subjected to The Hot Spot and Chris Arnold.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

No. 

But there are plenty of people who become emotional dumbasses after these things in lieu of taking a step back and letting things sink in a bit. 

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

My Twitter followers just started cranking up after they praised Traces of Texas.  I've been averaging about 75-100 new followers per day on Twitter and  but since yesterday afternoon I  got about 2,000 new followers.  Here's the segment.  It's actually a really good thumbnail sketch on the history of Tex-Mex cuisine in Texas.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/hardline-pig-pen-a-brief-history-of-tex-mex-cuisin?fbclid=IwAR3ABMbn6dG9m5G9dYq8gOZ91cH5mFbRgP4bdrLmT-WuPMm8OOcedUjSk0U

Pretty interesting case study in the power of media.

You also christened him with a new name. 

Long live Ted!

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Wonder if Cubes was listening. Not such a good look for his franchise, which has had its own issues with the Pants DJ, to retire that number so quickly.

Wasn't it a lot more than just pants DJ? I vaguely remember about it but wasn't like the president of operations molesting women constantly and Cuban himself putting his hand down women's pants when they asked to take pictures with him?

No wonder they felt so strongly for a rapist

Edited by Junior Miller

Just so I can listen to y'all bitch some more:

New year. Same ol’ (new) story. The Ticket can no longer claim that 105.3 The Fan’s ratings rise is merely a fluke. The trend that began as a tremor last summer closed out 2019 as a full-blown earthquake shaking – perhaps reshaping – the landscape of DFW sports talk radio. 

In the fourth quarter PPM ratings (encompassing Sept. 12-Dec. 4), The Fan beat 1310 The Ticket, 5.5 to 3.3, in the prime time (M-F 6a-7p) of the coveted demographic (Men 25-54).

In Mornings, The Fan’s Shan & RJ beat The Ticket’s Dunham & Miller, 5.2-3.5.

In Middays, The Fan’s mix of Ben & Skin/KC Masterpiece beat The Ticket’s Norm Hitzges/BaD Radio, 6.6-3.2.

In Afternoons, The Fan’s G-Bag Nation beat The Ticket’s Hardline, 4.6-3.1.

In sports radio, ratings for the month of December (when flagship shows typically take vacation) are known as the “Holiday Book” and are less vital. That said, The Fan’s edge grew even wider, up to a whopping 6.1-2.6. 

Bottom line: For the key three-month period of football season, The Ticket – which forever dominated the demo with first-place finishes – was 10 overall to The Fan’s No. 3. (For what it’s worth, 97.1 The Eagle is No. 1). 

Maybe radio legend and Ticket founder Mike Rhyner was indeed ready for retirement. Or, maybe he read the writing on the wall?

https://bit.ly/2UwaxqL

19 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Don't have a clue on The Ticket v The Fan as I have never felt the need to listen to The Fan, but I am really surprised the Eagle is #1.  Is the Russ Martin show a ratings boom, or is that just because it's men only demo and it's a rock station?  Do they have other talk shows outside of Martin?

Russ has always been a ratings beast.  Don't ask me why.  People like listening dead air and kiss asses overlaughing at their boss' jokes I guess.

2 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Russ has always been a ratings beast.  Don't ask me why.  People like listening dead air and kiss asses overlaughing at their boss' jokes I guess.

I feel like the co hosts are under orders to overlaugh at all his tangents.  Some of it is so forced that you can hear their eyes roll.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Are they getting new people that moving to the metroplex perhaps?  It seems that The Fan tries to target the younger side of the demo so perhaps combining the two is causing this?

In my experience both of these. My company has been relocating the rest of our employees from the Bay Area to DFW and everyone I have met listens to 105.3. Also all of my buddies listen to it but they are jort and cowboy jersey wearing mexicans. 

1 hour ago, Assman said:

As someone who hasn't listened to a single second of 105.3, what am I missing?  Is it just the typical generic sports talk?  These ratings numbers are surprising.

the numbers are fake.  jake cleared it up on twitter after whitt initially came out with the false reporting a couple months ago.  

shan and RJ (who the fuck are they?) getting over 50% more listeners than the musers?  yeah, that’s false reporting and anyone believes that is a full-blown mental defective.  looking at you @threesheets

5 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

so what was the big announcement?

2 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

lol

"In the 26 year history of the Ticket, we've had some pretty big moments. (Insert Norm/Mozart e-brake and Dan v Lee Corso clips) Get ready for the Mother of All Moments. This Monday afternoon at 3;30"

1 hour ago, futureman said:

the numbers are fake.  jake cleared it up on twitter after whitt initially came out with the false reporting a couple months ago.  

shan and RJ (who the fuck are they?) getting over 50% more listeners than the musers?  yeah, that’s false reporting and anyone believes that is a full-blown mental defective.  looking at you @threesheets

Look at my butthole. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Assman said:

As someone who hasn't listened to a single second of 105.3, what am I missing?  Is it just the typical generic sports talk?  These ratings numbers are surprising.

They've gotten a lot better. Still not great but a lot more entertaining than they used to be when Whitt and Greggo were taking turns sexually harassing that bimbo on air every day. And the days of Jane Slater and Elf. Holy shit what were they thinking. 

5 hours ago, CBT said:

Well now we know who to blame. Thanks a lot Zepol, you've killed the little ticket. 

The ticket's own laziness and allowing themselves to get stale is killing them. 

4 hours ago, futureman said:

frustrated ryan gosling GIF

You need new material.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Please say you meant Bob and Dan. Bob with Corby + Danny sounds awful for Bob. 

Hate to say it but I seriously doubt they move Bob and Dan together as a show. They just got slaughtered by the K and C Masterpiece in the ratings. Their show is mostly great but I'm afraid it's a flavor that isn't resonating with the market anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they got split up. Might be the beginning of the end for the musers as they have been too if this slide continues. Oh wait, I forgot they're making $800 k each and are untouchable lulz.

In sports radio, ratings for the month of December (when flagship shows typically take vacation) are known as the “Holiday Book” and are less vital. That said, The Fan’s edge grew even wider, up to a whopping 6.1-2.6. 

Hmm, so maybe during the most important crunch time in the most popular sport's season isn't the greatest time to just throw out a trash product. But Corby said his wife won't let him work during the holidays... Well let's see how she likes it when he gets fired for having shity ratings or has to take a massive pay cut on the next contract. Once you spoiled the bitch with money she's not going to take kindly to not having it anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

This is interesting. I moved up here 9 years ago and initially tried the ticket and didn’t like it.  Too much non sports talk. I did go to fight night though one year even though I didn’t listen to the station. Coming from Austin who didn’t even have the horn at that time I was eager for all sports talk radio. I ended up on ESPN with mike and mike as I am not a Dallas sports fan. That worked for awhile and I ended up liking Ben and skin on that station.

Followed them to the fan when my schedule changed. Then stuck with the fan for KC masterpiece as I was driving nights. Started listening to shan and rj in the morning when my schedule changed again and Ben and skin on the drive home. Shan and rj kept getting louder and louder and Ben and skin kept getting preempted by mavs basketball so I turned to Sirius and listened to comedy channels and the the bonfire show which was weird but fascinating for a short time.

Then I didn’t have Sirius as I was in a rental for a month and I went back to the ticket. Realized this is what I wanted more, non sports talk and fun. I don’t mind Corby even though his sooner love and sports HSO’s are frequently wrong. The only show I don’t like is norm. Not Donovan or the rest just Norm. I liked Rhyner even though he repeated everything said to him.

All that said I’ve tried the fan a handful of times because of the thread and the ratings stuff and I can’t understand how g bag nation would be popular. And Shan and rj (and Roy white the third who is the worst) are just too much bickering for my commute these days. 

/rambling over