If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

32 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Donnie and Norm can be beyond obtuse. Discussing the Arch Manning news, they’re talking about what happens to Ewers now without even considering the timeline, which likely is: Ewers plays 2022 and 2023 and then goes to the NFL. Arch caddies for Ewers in ‘23 and starts in 2024. Sheesh.

i was damn near screaming at my phone.  "He's going to redshirt in 23.  Then start in 24."

i'm tempted to hear what Sooner Corby and Aggie Bob have to say about Arch going to Texas, but i don't think i can stomach it.  plus, i don't need to hear Sooner CWS talk from Corby.  yesterday, they had to actually look up the CWS double elimination format.  they had no clue how it worked.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Donnie and Norm can be beyond obtuse. Discussing the Arch Manning news, they’re talking about what happens to Ewers now without even considering the timeline, which likely is: Ewers plays 2022 and 2023 and then goes to the NFL. Arch caddies for Ewers in ‘23 and starts in 2024. Sheesh.

to be fair I’d guess most of the posters here are more informed about UT football than anyone in the media outside of the longhorn beat writers. 

36 minutes ago, futureman said:

to be fair I’d guess most of the posters here are more informed about UT football than anyone in the media outside of the longhorn beat writers. 

Did you see that tweet by shit-bag hack "college football" writer Stewart Mandel? Beyond pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

I don’t know how anyone listens to Norm. I did hear the E-Brake last week and I’m shocked Norm is still employed. Shocked that Cat/Bennett didn’t use his racism as a reason to jettison his self-important ass. Donnie is in the catbird seat. If he’s ever terminated, he’ll have a serious hostile work environment suit. Cat/Bennett could’ve solved that, and solved the Sirois/Balis departures, but they were asleep. 

i was damn near screaming at my phone.  "He's going to redshirt in 23.  Then start in 24."
i'm tempted to hear what Sooner Corby and Aggie Bob have to say about Arch going to Texas, but i don't think i can stomach it.  plus, i don't need to hear Sooner CWS talk from Corby.  yesterday, they had to actually look up the CWS double elimination format.  they had no clue how it worked.

These guys show up five minutes before air time and do no prep or research. Just lazy ass bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

These guys show up five minutes before air time and do no prep or research. Just lazy ass bullshit.

They do just fine with pro sports. But it's frustrating to start flinging around ridiculous off-the-cuff HSO's about college sports on the fly when the Arch news breaks. Sorry but I don't want to hear Monty bagging on the Horns for landing Arch Fucking Manning.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm getting my HL bingo card ready with phrases such as "NIL money", "Texas was only good X number of years in my lifetime", "I bet Ewers will hit the portal", "Arch will probably decommit unless Texas wins more than 5 games". Any others I should add to the board?

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm getting my HL bingo card ready with phrases such as "NIL money", "Texas was only good X number of years in my lifetime", "I bet Ewers will hit the portal", "Arch will probably decommit unless Texas wins more than 5 games". Any others I should add to the board?

flipping the whole thing into an ou recruiting pitch

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

10 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

flipping the whole thing into an ou recruiting pitch

Hyperbole Corby saying NIL is the worst thing to ever happen to college football

51 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Bob will ask how this is any different than aggy buying its players. 

57 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Bob brought up one I didn't think about but should have been on there:

"Texas just lost to Kansas in 2021"

Sturm is a fucking moron on this. Peyton split time with Todd Helton and Branndon Stewart his freshman year at Tennessee. He threw maybe 55% of Tennessee's passes but split time. Eli threw all of 33 passes as a freshman at Ole Miss.

(And there's the NIL comment.)

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Sturm is a fucking moron on this.

Sturm is a college football idiot.  he think he understands it, but he doesn't.  he knows the players as it relates to the draft, but that's it.

he grew up in Wisconsin, and the Badgers were not a force.  he went to Liberty for college, which was a wasteland.  and he didn't particularly cover much college football when he moved to DFW.  he has been pro sports guy.  he doesn't know college football in the south.  the schools, the culture, recruiting, etc.  but he acts like he does.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Corby actually had a handle on this. NIL not really a factor in relation to Arch's direct recruitment and Sark is a QB guy who can recruit the hell out of QBs. 

Davey is either pro Texas or astutely sees his role as calling out Corby and Bob homer nonsense. Give that man a raise

• Hook 'Em 4

Corby couldn't resist jabs at Kansas -- he was kidding there -- but then when Bob said it's insane that Sark will have two 1.000-rated QB's in the same room. Corby follows up with, "Let's hope that keeps him out of the bar" after a few mins earlier going hard after Sark's alcohol issues.

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Somebody mentioned it before, but Monty should be the next SOTA spokesperson. Dude needs to drop a few Minos. 

I’ve said it but someone else may have also.  he is good on the air and can make a career out of it if he doesn’t die at 35.  I wish so much he’d drop the weight, and my god, if SOTA could get a one-legged 450-pound wheelchair-bound behemoth into some kind of shape it would be the best advertisement for their business to date. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, futureman said:

I’ve said it but someone else may have also.  he is good on the air and can make a career out of it if he doesn’t die at 35.  I wish so much he’d drop the weight, and my god, if SOTA could get a one-legged 450-pound wheelchair-bound behemoth into some kind of shape it would be the best advertisement for their business to date. 

Pretty sure I was the other person that said it. I feel for Monty every time I see a picture of him. Damn man. I’m saying that in a no homo I like the guy and want to see him healthy and happy. 

17 hours ago, futureman said:

He’s not good on the air. His weight is an embarrassment. It’s fucking gross. 

37 minutes ago, futureman said:

which is why he wouldn’t be good on tv.  but radio is an audio medium. 

Thanks pal. He sucks at that too. I just hear fat voice coming through my speakers. 

On 6/23/2022 at 11:54 AM, C-Man said:

They're not the only ones.  Even purportedly knowledgeable college football people like Stewart Mandel made ridiculously inane points like Donnie and Norm.  

On 6/23/2022 at 11:54 AM, C-Man said:

They're not the only ones.  Even purportedly knowledgeable college football people like Stewart Mandel made ridiculously inane points like Donnie and Norm.  

40 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

good fucking god.  "Friday Fun" on the Hardline was Corby talking about OU in the CWS and how nobody knows anything about college baseball.  nobody cares about it.  it just pops up out of the blue.

Yep it was terrible. 

47 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

good fucking god.  "Friday Fun" on the Hardline was Corby talking about OU in the CWS and how nobody knows anything about college baseball.  nobody cares about it.  it just pops up out of the blue.

the fake announcer CWS previews? they weren’t terrible. gordo was hilarious. 

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Very obnoxious.

Hyperbole/massive generality/blanketstatement Corby is such a beating. 

On 6/24/2022 at 1:38 PM, futureman said:

I’m a little taken aback by the monty hate.  I think he’s got something. 

sometimes I think he has something and other times I think WiP tries too hard to be like other shows. Reddit loves WiP and I’m very lukewarm. If Cat thinks Danny and Mike aren’t or won’t be ready to host when Norm retires, who is up next?