If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

3 hours ago, XForce said:

sometimes I think he has something and other times I think WiP tries too hard to be like other shows. Reddit loves WiP and I’m very lukewarm. If Cat thinks Danny and Mike aren’t or won’t be ready to host when Norm retires, who is up next?

Does Jim Rome still broadcast at 11 am? 

11 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Does Jim Rome still broadcast at 11 am? 

Jim was all I knew when I moved from SA to Dallas in 2000. Romey was on in Dallas and I stumbled upon the Ticket because of a billboard. He’s still real to me dammit. 

10 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

Sirois on rhyne’s podcast was fun. 

when I type out rhynes I mean rhynes autocorrect. Goddamn. 

have you heard him on IJB? Got into the compensation discussion with TC and how people at the Fan(producers and support) made 2x more than guys at the Ticket. They both say they’re not bitter but I don’t blame them if they are. TC’s more bitter about the Shake Joint and I don’t blame him. 

good fucking god.  "Friday Fun" on the Hardline was Corby talking about OU in the CWS and how nobody knows anything about college baseball.  nobody cares about it.  it just pops up out of the blue.

The world according to Corby:
NOBODY watches college softball
NOBODY watches college baseball
NOBODY watches ANY women’s sports( except maybe tennis sometimes)
NOBODY watches college basketball (except for the tournament)
EVERYBODY loves Barry Switzer.
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

The Musers are on dry dock. In years past, we’d get the Hot Push (Davey, Sirois, and Sean). This year, we get Ted Emrich, Sean, and Eli Jordan. 

I like Country Force. Not loving Eli taking a backseat to Ted but oh well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/26/2022 at 8:13 AM, XForce said:

have you heard him on IJB? Got into the compensation discussion with TC and how people at the Fan(producers and support) made 2x more than guys at the Ticket. They both say they’re not bitter but I don’t blame them if they are. TC’s more bitter about the Shake Joint and I don’t blame him. 

TC should only be bitter he’s a fat dork loser that can’t broadcast. 

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

The Musers are on dry dock. In years past, we’d get the Hot Push (Davey, Sirois, and Sean). This year, we get Ted Emrich, Sean, and Eli Jordan. 

the thin bench is only going to become more and more weak as we move forward.

imagine how bad full station dry dock is going to be in December...and that is without ANY more losses talent wise.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/26/2022 at 8:13 AM, XForce said:

thanks for letting me know there was an IBJ w/ Sirois.

...what is TC bitter about? that Jake picked Sean over him for Shake Joint? anyone would argue that Jake clearly made the right decision based exclusively on their career paths since then.

15 minutes ago, NoName said:

imagine how bad full station dry dock is going to be in December...and that is without ANY more losses talent wise.

yeah, and that's really painful because there's actually real sports content to talk about - NFL, NBA, and NHL are alive and active.  college football is heading into the playoffs and bowl season.

Saturday, one of the shows vying to replace Cirque got a tryout: 

3 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I don't know how anyone can listen to Sirois on Gordon's stream and IJB and come away with the idea that he's not bitter. He's doing his best to preserve relationships but it's so damn obvious to me. 

He sounded bitter when he announced he was leaving. I guarantee you there is bitterness on his part and Danny’s part. How could there not be?  That doesn’t mean they don’t have very strong relationships at the station still and that is why they’re holding their tongues. Plus I really think neither of them needs to work there any more - the lack of pay there was just holding them back from making more elsewhere.  If I were them I’d tell Cat and Bennett to get fucked. 

1 minute ago, HRSchenker said:

I don't know how anyone can listen to Sirois on Gordon's stream and IJB and come away with the idea that he's not bitter. He's doing his best to preserve relationships but it's so damn obvious to me. 

he clearly didn't want to leave.

i think he really and truly thought that if he showed up, worked his tail off, was a fill in anywhere they needed and was good at his job it would work out (eventually)

...and they pretty much fucked him salary wise. which on one hand i can understand and see. but at the same time, cumulus is kicking the can down the road and hoping that none of the musers decide "fuck it" and retire. because if they go, it is a game changer for their morning show (not like they can bump Hang Zone up to morning drive), which impacts the lead in for Norm, which impacts the lead in for HZ which impacts the lead in for 3-7.

there is no clear master plan in place, if there was wouldn't they have brought on Gen X Davy months ago? wouldn't they have done literally the least amount possible to future plan for whenever Norm dies in office? wouldn't they be doing something to try and put together some back up shows at night or on the weekends to try and get guys some experience before filling in or dry dock? how many non on-air talent folks have left in the last 3 months? these aren't exactly positions where there are a million good options out there.

instead they lose 2 of the more important non hosts over a 2 week period. replace them with fucking Ham and Sean Bass and now suddenly we are in a situation where Ted Emrich, Sean, and Eli Jordan - all who i like - are the backup plan for the Musers?! compared to Shake Joint or Hot Push?

it is painfully clear there is no plan moving forward. which is super dangerous considering Musers could walk away tomorrow, Norm could die tomorrow, Dan McDowell is the wildest of cards and could decide to walk away tomorrow, the 3-7 show isn't very good in general...and any one of these things could happen literally over a 24 hour period.

• Like 1

he clearly didn't want to leave.
i think he really and truly thought that if he showed up, worked his tail off, was a fill in anywhere they needed and was good at his job it would work out (eventually)
...and they pretty much fucked him salary wise. which on one hand i can understand and see. but at the same time, cumulus is kicking the can down the road and hoping that none of the musers decide "fuck it" and retire. because if they go, it is a game changer for their morning show (not like they can bump Hang Zone up to morning drive), which impacts the lead in for Norm, which impacts the lead in for HZ which impacts the lead in for 3-7.
there is no clear master plan in place, if there was wouldn't they have brought on Gen X Davy months ago? wouldn't they have done literally the least amount possible to future plan for whenever Norm dies in office? wouldn't they be doing something to try and put together some back up shows at night or on the weekends to try and get guys some experience before filling in or dry dock? how many non on-air talent folks have left in the last 3 months? these aren't exactly positions where there are a million good options out there.
instead they lose 2 of the more important non hosts over a 2 week period. replace them with fucking Ham and Sean Bass and now suddenly we are in a situation where Ted Emrich, Sean, and Eli Jordan - all who i like - are the backup plan for the Musers?! compared to Shake Joint or Hot Push?
it is painfully clear there is no plan moving forward. which is super dangerous considering Musers could walk away tomorrow, Norm could die tomorrow, Dan McDowell is the wildest of cards and could decide to walk away tomorrow, the 3-7 show isn't very good in general...and any one of these things could happen literally over a 24 hour period.

I think you answered your own question. There is no succession plan, no bench development, no increase to market pay rates because that is exactly the intention. Cumulus execs know what the Ticket was cannot be remanufactured, or reproduced, and has a finite life time, based on the Musers. When they pull the pin then Cumulus will start the end times.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think you answered your own question. There is no succession plan, no bench development, no increase to market pay rates because that is exactly the intention. Cumulus execs know what the Ticket was cannot be remanufactured, or reproduced, and has a finite life time, based on the Musers. When they pull the pin then Cumulus will start the end times.

You give Cumulus execs far too much credit, and, you’re wrong. With proper vision and a modicum more of salary outlay, they could’ve extended this another 25 years. But Cumulus, and your opinions on the matter, are fucking garbage. You really should stop posting here. 

@NoName If he clearly didn’t want to leave, he wouldn’t have left. I had a job once where I was paid like a king and had full autonomy. I started to lose that autonomy and hated the hell out of it, but I didn’t want to leave because of the money. I knew I couldn’t stay, wasn’t gonna get fired either, so I quit. Would I have wanted to stay if things were more palatable?  Of course. But they weren’t. Same with Sirois. He clearly did NOT want to stay. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

@NoName If he clearly didn’t want to leave, he wouldn’t have left. I had a job once where I was paid like a king and had full autonomy. I started to lose that autonomy and hated the hell out of it, but I didn’t want to leave because of the money. I knew I couldn’t stay, wasn’t gonna get fired either, so I quit. Would I have wanted to stay if things were more palatable?  Of course. But they weren’t. Same with Sirois. He clearly did NOT want to stay. 

he has literally said, multiple times, he didn't want to leave but financially could not afford to stay. he has said how much he was making. he has literally said multiple times he wanted to stay at the ticket but couldn't financially afford to.

your argument of "he could have stayed forever if he really cared and wanted to" is shitty and ignores things like real life and having to pay bills. this isn't a situation where he hated his co workers and hated losing autonomy (your job comparison is bad and you should feel bad by the way.)

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, NoName said:

he has literally said, multiple times, he didn't want to leave but financially could not afford to stay. he has said how much he was making. he has literally said multiple times he wanted to stay at the ticket but couldn't financially afford to.

your argument of "he could have stayed forever if he really cared and wanted to" is shitty and ignores things like real life and having to pay bills. this isn't a situation where he hated his co workers and hated losing autonomy (your job comparison is bad and you should feel bad by the way.)

It’s literally the inverse of Sirois’ situation. There are a lot of similarities. I never posted what you quoted, smart guy. He wanted to leave BECAUSE they didn’t pay him enough.  I can dream up a lot of ideal scenarios but absent those ideal details, I wouldn’t want to work at those places. Bottom line Sirois did not have anywhere close to an ideal set up. He chose to  leave because he wasn’t making enough money. 

6 hours ago, NoName said:

thanks for letting me know there was an IBJ w/ Sirois.

...what is TC bitter about? that Jake picked Sean over him for Shake Joint? anyone would argue that Jake clearly made the right decision based exclusively on their career paths since then.

Jake didn't pick Sean over TC, Cat or Bill Bennet did.  

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

$250/hr ain't too shabby for a side hustle.

I don’t know what he does for a living. I’m not sure why anyone has TC side hustle economics knowledge, which is weird, but whatever. He’d have to pay me to listen to him.  He could have Rhynes, Danny, and Sirois all spilling Cumulus dirt and I wouldn’t listen to that fat smarmy fuck. 

20 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I don’t know what he does for a living. I’m not sure why anyone has TC side hustle economics knowledge, which is weird, but whatever. He’d have to pay me to listen to him.  He could have Rhynes, Danny, and Sirois all spilling Cumulus dirt and I wouldn’t listen to that fat smarmy fuck. 

I don't really know but I assume he does the podcast for shits-and-giggles.

9 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

TC should only be bitter he’s a fat dork loser that can’t broadcast. 

I don’t get the TC hate, probably because I like IJB. If you’re calling him fat, you seen a picture of Justin M lately? Norm might outlive him.  

Regarding the Shake Joint versus the Singularity, I get that it was a Cat decision. 

If I was Sirois I’d be bitter. He filled in wherever needed. I felt that gave him a leg up over Danny. Neither of them really gave enough of a shit about their weekend show and IMO that sunk them. It’s shitty that it happened that way but the later years Orphanage and Cirque were hit and miss between both hosts being there or both hosts giving a shit other than getting it over with.  That being said, I still think both of those shows were better than WiP—I just don’t get all the WiP love and I listen every Sunday.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, XForce said:

I don’t get the TC hate, probably because I like IJB. If you’re calling him fat, you seen a picture of Justin M lately? Norm might outlive him.  

Regarding the Shake Joint versus the Singularity, I get that it was a Cat decision. 

If I was Sirois I’d be bitter. He filled in wherever needed. I felt that gave him a leg up over Danny. Neither of them really gave enough of a shit about their weekend show and IMO that sunk them. It’s shitty that it happened that way but the later years Orphanage and Cirque were hit and miss between both hosts being there or both hosts giving a shit other than getting it over with.  That being said, I still think both of those shows were better than WiP—I just don’t get all the WiP love and I listen every Sunday.

See post 12985 on the prior page. JM is still light years better than TC. I cannot listen to him. 

Sirois and to a lesser extent Danny definitively got screwed. It’s cumulus’ fault. I would try not to be bitter and after some time they won’t be - they’ll realize they’re better off.  The station won’t last. Listening to Sean Bass and Emmerich this morning was a fucking joke. I listened for 2 minutes, long enough to hear SB talk about 90s rap and make the comment that a big thing people would ask is “which coast do you prefer” like a fucking oblivious nerd. Turned off the stream and made some work calls. Ridiculous. 

28 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I like both TC and Monty. Both of them are better at radio than Sean Bass or anyone else at the ticket below the tier one guys or maybe Mino, although it's debatable as to whether Mino has much over them as a broadcaster. 

Monty>Bass>everyone else worse than Bass>bag of dicks >Mike White>TC

I like both TC and Monty. Both of them are better at radio than Sean Bass or anyone else at the ticket below the tier one guys or maybe Mino, although it's debatable as to whether Mino has much over them as a broadcaster. 

SeaBass is a better stereotypical broadcaster than Monty or Mino or TC but he brings less overall content than they do because he’s a tool.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sean Bass is such an interesting case to me.  I’ve said before I think he’s great with sports, to the extent that I think he could do national radio if he were strictly talking about baseball and never editorializing.  but when he tried to chime in on the musers with cultural opinions (or just about anything else that he’s ever said on the station that isn’t diamond talk) it was fucking terrible.  he should not have a microphone except for after rangers games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

SeaBass is a better stereotypical broadcaster than Monty or Mino or TC but he brings less overall content than they do because he’s a tool.

basically this.  but I think he’s a great stereotypical broadcaster and also the biggest fucking dipshit tool in the history of the station. 

Edited by futureman

22 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Not as bad as I expected, aside from the complete dismissal of any possibility that Arch would ever even consider redshirting.  They still speak of it as if Quinn and Arch both playing here is impossible.

Blake with the voice of reason.  Nobody can grasp that Quinn is gone in 2 seasons, and Arch isn't picking a school demanding to start as a true freshman.  

• Hook 'Em 3

It's almost as if people don't realize that neither of Arch's famous uncles were immediately starters (Peyton started his freshman year as third string and only became the established starter after Todd Helton was injured, Eli redshirted, did not start as a RS freshman and only became the established Ole Miss starter his sophomore year) his famous grandfather played at a time when freshman couldn't even play varsity football and his dad Cooper lost his football playing career before it ever got out of Ole Miss summer practices.

The people advising him for one reason or another all waited....

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's almost as if people don't realize that neither of Arch's famous uncles were immediately starters (Peyton started his freshman year as third string and only became the established starter after Todd Helton was injured, Eli redshirted, did not start as a RS freshman and only became the established Ole Miss starter his sophomore year) his famous grandfather played at a time when freshman couldn't even play varsity football and his dad Cooper lost his football playing career before it ever got out of Ole Miss summer practices.

The people advising him for one reason or another all waited....

Get the fuck out with facts. Mannings are playing the long game. Going to be a good 4 year run. At least the hang zone doesn't pretend to know anything. 

23 hours ago, C-Man said:

I don't know him or anything about him but his voice/manner of speaking comes off like a condescending know-it-all jackass. He may not actually be like that but it just does. 

Plus he has some dumb ideas. The getting mad at TC for not blasting Pat Summitt's death over Buddy Ryan at every ticker was just dumb. Who gives a shit if she was the best at something virtually no one listening to the station cares about? They don't bring up the death of the best water polo or cricket or rugby coaches of all time either for the same reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1