If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

I’m probably one of the few that, living in DFW, listen to the Horn from 10-12 every day. Love me some Craig Way. It’s also cool how they cover HS football. That’s not something the Ticket could do but would be interesting to be able to keep up with teams around DFW. 

3 hours ago, XForce said:

I’m probably one of the few that, living in DFW, listen to the Horn from 10-12 every day. Love me some Craig Way. It’s also cool how they cover HS football. That’s not something the Ticket could do but would be interesting to be able to keep up with teams around DFW. 

My ears will give him a listen. 

I would like to see WiP embrace HS football. Mino knows more than he lets on.

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/6/2022 at 1:35 AM, futureman said:

Davey is excellent.  

22 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Davey is a godsend.  at least 2 segments are enjoyable (E-News and CQH).

21 hours ago, pops said:

Davey has been fantastic. And he has pushed back quicker and harder against Bob and corbys dumassedry than I thought he would. 

My God... can you imagine a hardline of sirois Davey and Danny producing?  Pump that shit right into my veins. Jake Davey and sirois would be awesome,  too,  and probably better from the sports angle,  but I love what Dan and Jake have going on the hang zone. It's as good of a show as the ticket has ever had. 

Yup.  Davey has been underutilized for a LONG time.  He and Danny killed on The Orphanage. 

On 7/6/2022 at 1:35 AM, futureman said:

Davey is excellent.  

22 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Davey is a godsend.  at least 2 segments are enjoyable (E-News and CQH).

21 hours ago, pops said:

Davey has been fantastic. And he has pushed back quicker and harder against Bob and corbys dumassedry than I thought he would. 

My God... can you imagine a hardline of sirois Davey and Danny producing?  Pump that shit right into my veins. Jake Davey and sirois would be awesome,  too,  and probably better from the sports angle,  but I love what Dan and Jake have going on the hang zone. It's as good of a show as the ticket has ever had. 

Yup.  Davey has been underutilized for a LONG time.  He and Danny killed on The Orphanage. 

5 hours ago, XForce said:

I listened to Sirois on My Dark Companion a couple of days ago. I think there were a couple of telling things about why Rhyner left and why Sirois left. Sirois said something to the effect of putting in as much or more effort as his friends making a couple hundred grand and that wore on him. When Rhyner said that Corby and Danny weren’t told about him leaving until the day before, I thought that was really eye opening. Rhyner has gotten softer but doesn’t tolerate fools. I feel like his give up over the last couple of years he was around was due to what surrounded him.

see my issue here is that he had the power to change things up. he didn't.

he had the power to start giving a damn. he didn't.

he had the power to tweak the show. he didn't.

the biggest reason the Hardline was bad for the last 5 years was Mike not giving a damn. this lead to getting way too much Corby - which lead to him being overexposed and led to us getting way too much Danny - which eventually lead to him wanting more $$$, not getting it and leaving.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, bluto said:

No love for corby saying vegas is a very affordable vacation and they don’t price gouge out there

He also said he hasn't been in 20 years so he knows about as much about vegas as he does college football. Or golf. Or the NBA or current events or basically anything 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 7/7/2022 at 1:43 PM, Texzilla58 said:

I know we have expansive soils around here but it seems like every host on the Ticket has had foundation issues. I think the odds of that are about the same as being abducted by a large bird.

Well does Norm bring in advertising dollars or what, bro?  Appreciate ya pal. 

On 7/9/2022 at 3:46 PM, Hermanator said:

The new replacement boys for the Sirois show might not be bad with some time to grow. DJ made a montage of all 91 times Elf said "Just like that!" during the morning show fill in days. One of the funnier things of the week

DJ had something

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

So Corby pulled all the line marking flags out of his yard and then is surprised they hit a water line digging in his yard.

That's beautiful. He caused the very issue he was angry about. I hope AT&T tells him they aren't paying for it.

• Hook 'Em 2

The new replacement boys for the Sirois show might not be bad with some time to grow. DJ made a montage of all 91 times Elf said "Just like that!" during the morning show fill in days. One of the funnier things of the week

It was “RIGHT THERE!”

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Moose being interviewed for two segments, primarily by Bob, about the USFL has a vaginal dryness rating of 95 year old woman.

Dude, I switched to the Gerry Baker podcast, “Free Expression”, for the interview with the biographer of George III. That’s how bad that segment was. 

12 hours ago, mdmost said:

Ted Emrich already dropped a Jubhawk reference in his British Open update. 

He also dropped an in da clubhouse and a you can't just take a walk and come back and it's fixed. He's a national treasure

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/14/2022 at 6:05 PM, pops said:

Bob: I'm not going to call st Andrews a goat track but I guess I just don't get it. 

Everyone: no shit. You're an idiot. 

I haven't personally been there but from what I understand, once you get away from #1, #17 and #18 it indeed is a goat track. A very historical goat track but a goat track nonetheless that I'd still like to play some day.

57 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I haven't personally been there but from what I understand, once you get away from #1, #17 and #18 it indeed is a goat track. A very historical goat track but a goat track nonetheless that I'd still like to play some day.

It's all very very weather dependent.  They take a low maintenance approach to the course. The grass is the natural St Andrews fescue and they don't manage the shit out of it letting mother nature make it lush or brown, slow or fast.  And of course besides the bunkers and valleys the main feature in play is the weather/wind or lack thereof.   In a way it is charming, they just roll the course out there and other than pin placements generally let the elements determine the condition and difficulty.  

• Hook 'Em 1

So Corby has serious issues with Fox putting Boston and New York logos on twin towers memorial, but at the suggestion it’s like a cowboys game with the zapruder film and putting a Commanders logo on jfk’s exposing head he breaks out that giggle guffaw like it’s the most hilarious thing ever. If only Corby could end up like a grassy knoll witness.