If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Starting to think Dan knew about the Freak's station motto for a bit which was why he started playing "and we can say whatever the hell we want" back in the late summer. Now it's the only thing I think of when I see that stupid motto.

Grubes said he was approached in July, can't imagine he was the only one.

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

If I understand the commercial correctly, Beto is personally holding enough rainbow fentanyl to kill all 10 of my kids 100 times over.  

I have therefore come to the conclusion that he's too radical...too dangerous for Texas.

Thank God Gregg Abbott is rated A+ by the NRA!

• Hook 'Em 1

Fentinall?

Someone on reddit brought this up and it was a great point. Marcus the Jawa is basically promising you a lot of things if you buy the land from him that you would’ve expected around the turn of the century like paved roads and access to water.

Edited by mdmost

1 hour ago, RPM said:

It is illegal for them to refuse to run the ads. This points out how f'd up that is.

Do they have no control over the content of the ads? That's seems horrendous if they can't reject the ad on grounds of lies and hate speech. A broadcast medium should be able to ban negative advertising 

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Do they have no control over the content of the ads?

No. They are required to run any political ad at BTA (Best Time Available) a/k/a cheapest rate. Small market stations live for election time. It makes their budget for half the year or more.

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

No. They are required to run any political ad at BTA (Best Time Available) a/k/a cheapest rate. Small market stations live for election time. It makes their budget for half the year or more.

I guess but it's so off-putting and has to cost some listeners. Whoever does the usaveit is getting my $13.10 until this shit is over

18 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I guess but it's so off-putting and has to cost some listeners. Whoever does the usaveit is getting my $13.10 until this shit is over

Yeah, it sucks. But big picture it was a noble intention. You don't want stations only running ads for 1 person and refusing others. Escalate that to network level and it's an even bigger problem. The real problem is now dark money PACs are running ads at orgasmic levels. We need to change that SCOTUS ruling on PACs. Money does not equal free speech.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yes.  Don't understand the point for a single segment once a week though.

It's become apparent since Rhyner left that Catman was fine running things when everything was stable and it ran itself, but once actual direction and shrewd leadership was needed he was shown to be an idiot. 

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

man the jake hate is something i didnt know about. 

Forreals. Who do you boot for Jake? Junior or Jub? I love the Musers as a trio but take Gordo out of it and I'm way less interested. Norm or Donny? No and no. Bob or Corby? 

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Forreals. Who do you boot for Jake? Junior or Jub? I love the Musers as a trio but take Gordo out of it and I'm way less interested. Norm or Donny? No and no. Bob or Corby? 

You move hang zone to drivetime and add gordo and I never check out 97.1. The freak is an asswhip for me because the app is so bad. And I really like listening to Davey flip the script on the hardline. Plus,  rhynes and sirois are still getting their feet wet. When I flipped over today I heard Julie and just went back to community quick hits. I'll let the freak simmer for a bit until I dip back in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You move hang zone to drivetime and add gordo and I never check out 97.1. The freak is an asswhip for me because the app is so bad. And I really like listening to Davey flip the script on the hardline. Plus,  rhynes and sirois are still getting their feet wet. When I flipped over today I heard Julie and just went back to community quick hits. I'll let the freak simmer for a bit until I dip back in. 

Dan, Jake and Gordon would kill any other group in the state. I live in Houston. Don’t follow the cowboys. I would listen to that everyday. Add Davey and I’m telling other Houstonians to listen.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

Dan, Jake and Gordon would kill any other group in the state. I live in Houston. Don’t follow the cowboys. I would listen to that everyday. Add Davey and I’m telling other Houstonians to listen.

That would be great drive time. They could move Bob to Norms 10-12. He doesn’t need a co-host. He can just spout off the whole time. Move Corby to morning with the Musers, that way he can’t dominate the Mike and goes back to a yuck monkey, filling in Gordo’s stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That would be great drive time. They could move Bob to Norms 10-12. He doesn’t need a co-host. He can just spout off the whole time. Move Corby to morning with the Musers, that way he can’t dominate the Mike and goes back to a yuck monkey, filling in Gordo’s stuff. 

There it is. Done. We just made better decisions than the shit show that Cat came up with. And move mino back. He was a value add to hangzone. I can’t believe how bad they fucked this up. Davey got screwed being stuck with Bob.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

10 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

There it is. Done. We just made better decisions than the shit show that Cat came up with. And move mino back. He was a value add to hangzone. I can’t believe how bad they fucked this up. Davey got screwed being stuck with Bob.

you still haven't filled noon-3:00

boom in the house?

Do they have no control over the content of the ads? That's seems horrendous if they can't reject the ad on grounds of lies and hate speech. A broadcast medium should be able to ban negative advertising 

I guess the ads from your side are all sparkling truth and integrity. All politicians, and the dicksucking camp followers they attract, are the lowest life form in earth.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I guess the ads from your side are all sparkling truth and integrity. All politicians, and the dicksucking camp followers they attract, are the lowest life form in earth.

I can't think of a single negative or propaganda ad I've heard or seen locally that wasn't republican. 

Anyone who tries to sell you with fear and hate is just distracting you from noticing they're fucking you in the ass. 

11 hours ago, pops said:

this is the #1 thing i think they are missing out on and the #1 thing that they should have known needed to be better/learned from The Ticket.

that and stealing the Top 10 idea or just doing a podcast feed with funny bits throughout the day. work? sure. but it lets people find you and find out what they like about stations more.

39 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Will Davidson ever lose "dude" from his vernacular? He's in his late 40's I'm guessing, so probably about time. 

Chimpanzee. 

26 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

He’s over 50 for sure. But he still has college stoner hair, so I assume he will never stop saying dude. 

He's 52 or 53. I'll be 50 in less than a month and I still use it from time to time. I probably wouldn't use it in a professional broadcast setting, or at least try not to very often. Nob and Dan use it too -- and they're both close to 50, if not already 50. I just over-explained Gen X'ers aren't likely to ever stop saying "dude."

Klatt was on point today.

“Don’t you take the focus off [aggy]. We aren’t here to praise Mike Leach; we’re here to rag on [aggy].”

”is [aggy] not what I’ve always said they are?” Followed by bob pulling a Dave South level of dead air.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bluto said:

Between the Ross podcast and junk for joy commercials, gotta have a quick trigger on the app. The conversion rate from ticket listeners to Ross podcast can’t be more than 1 (looking at futureman)

The Ticket harbors Drew, Vic & Hong Kong Paul. I think you underestimate Ross enthusiasts.