If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

22 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I’m not listening to that. Why don’t you summarize it for me?

I was feeling masochistic last night and went through with it. he gets into some basic stuff with julie and sirois and salaries around 31:00.  then he goes in pretty hard on corby at 43:00. TC fucking hates corby; I did not know that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, C-Man said:

Bob: I thought you were a little harsh (on aggy) Saturday.

Corby: Here we go, Joel. Get ready.

Klatt: That’s fine. I would think that too if I had over-inflated view of the team I liked.

(Corby cackle)

Gen X Davey: That was a sick burn.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Here's the link. Scroll to the Joel Klatt interview and it's about halfway through.

https://www.theticket.com/2016/06/15/podcasts/

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I was feeling masochistic last night and went through with it. he gets into some basic stuff with julie and sirois and salaries around 31:00.  then he goes in pretty hard on corby at 43:00. TC fucking hates corby; I did not know that. 

He’s pissed off Corby went asking Cowboys players if TC looked like an old lesbian.  I do agree that it’s ridiculous to begrudge Mike, Sirois or Julie for doing this, and Corby’s quote was ridiculous. So I guess I appreciated that perspective from TC, as much as I detest him and Julie. I believe they’re talentless and don’t deserve to be on the air, but don’t begrudge them for going out and getting it. But I have no sympathy for TC and his “bullying” accusations. You a) had/have no talent, b) look like an old lesbian, and c) willingly went to work at the antithesis of a safe space, knowing exactly what it is. TC has always been a sour grapes fat dork. 

Edited by Porterhouse

3 hours ago, bluto said:

The musers are a distant last place when it comes to their weekly cfb guest. Brian Jones is punch out material, UT allegiance and all. getting him off his jitterbug phone in a tile bathroom would do wonders though. 

Jones is a knowledgeable guy. But, yes, trying to listen to him talk over that phone every week is a beating. 

Not a Davidson cunt-like, chimpanzee laugh beating. But still a beating. 

12 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

He’s pissed off Corby went asking Cowboys players if TC looked like an old lesbian.  I do agree that it’s ridiculous to begrudge Mike, Sirois or Julie for doing this, and Corby’s quote was ridiculous. So I guess I appreciated that perspective from TC, as much as I detest him and Julie. I believe they’re talentless and don’t deserve to be on the air, but don’t begrudge them for going out and getting it. But I have no sympathy for TC and his “bullying” accusations. You a) had/have no talent, b) look like an old lesbian, and c) willingly went to work at the antithesis of a safe space, knowing exactly what it is. TC has always been a sour grapes fat dork. 

TC was a lowly, random intern when Corby created that photo of him.   He wasn't even on air at the time.  

A double beating. Mike and Mike discussing Dirk’s new restaurant at DFW, and their conversation about “schnitzel” on the menu. Rhyner claimed he had never even heard of it. No one knew what it was. And they all had a big laugh about it. So far all I’m getting from these guys is the feeling I’m Jerry Jones and I’ve walked up to your little private party after the Super Bowl. Click.

Corby and Sturm discussing the “rip-off” prices from Netflix and their new cheaper tier with commercials. Corby said the $15.99 was painful and might consider saving $9. Sturm said something like he watched Stranger Things. I think Dave wanted to say “you rich bastards. I can’t even afford 6 bucks!”

Corby can’t get in his head content costs money. That’s why we get Junk for Joy spots to pay his ridiculous salary.

10 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

TC was a lowly, random intern when Corby created that photo of him.   He wasn't even on air at the time.  

He looked like an old lesbian, and worked at The Ticket. He’s a sensitive guy working at the wrong place. 

Also, you can make an argument his appearance propelled him to the air more quickly, and Corby was the facilitator. 

4 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

what was corby's quote?

From Grigsby's article

Corby Davidson, who still works in the prestigious drive-time hours that he shared with Mike from January 2000 to his retirement 20 years later, said he has no idea what his former Hardline co-host means about being minimized.

“Mike was universally loved at The Ticket,” Corby told me. “We hoisted him on our shoulders in retirement. We invited him to all our events. We had him on all our shows, as recently as August.”

Corby said he and his colleagues believed Mike would always be “the face and heartbeat” of The Ticket. “He chose otherwise, and destroyed relationships that had been in existence for 30 years. It’s heartbreaking and unconscionable.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/commentary/2022/10/03/the-way-mike-rhyner-has-returned-to-dallas-radio-leaves-this-ticket-p1-awfully-conflicted/

18 minutes ago, pops said:

Jr calling in to Angelo is so sorry. He's been nothing but genuine and a great guest for the hang zone. I laughed the first time he did it because I figured it would be one off. It's not funny anymore. 

Nah, Angelo is great but that shit's funny. "Well I'm glad that guy moved"

I'd be surprised if Angelo doesn't realize it's a gag at this point. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2022 at 10:25 PM, cactusflinthead said:

For all my bitching Junior showed up. He knows they are fucked. He spoke well of Sark and sang praise of Mullet. 

I want more. Be brave Courage Boys. Tell me Jub about your kid in Argyle coaching them up. More HS football? Why yes! Please! More Fake Craig Way and HS football. 

@C-Man. It ain't pro. It's Cowboys. I'd listen to NHL. It only appears on my radio due to contractual obligations. Much to the chagrin of our fellow listeners. I have to go afield for my in depth Stars talk. I accept this.

But, that don't change the fact that they could talk football Other Than Cow but won't.

I doubt that Corby said ten syllables I might regret missing. 

fwiw the mix you’re looking for of UT sports and high school is on The Horn 104.9. I listen to Craig Way from 10-12 to skip Norm and D. They even podcast the show in two one hour blocks so that helps when I want to skip through central Texas hs football. You’re welcome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, pops said:

Jr calling in to Angelo is so sorry. He's been nothing but genuine and a great guest for the hang zone. I laughed the first time he did it because I figured it would be one off. It's not funny anymore. 

that was fucking hilarious. I rewound and listened to that part again. 

Just now, Hermanator said:

It wasn't a question. 

But it seems pops thinks Angelo believes ol' Sal who just happens to call in every time he's on with increasingly more ridiculous stuff is real. 

Angelo has known it’s a bit since day one.  ffs some of y’all are retarded. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Genco said:

I’m fine with Corby’s quote up until the time he said Mike destroyed relationships. I mean come the fuck on. Mike “retired” I’m frustration and probably burned out. I never really thought he was done. The Ticket has notoriously and repeatedly fucked over personalities that are not regular weekday show hosts. Mike has experience starting new formats with a significant available talent pool of Ticket castoffs. It seems Corby and Cat should’ve publicly said “it’s a shame our ownership will not pay younger non-established talent.  We wish Mike well.”

2 hours ago, mdleast said:

Scattershooting while wondering what Shawn and Marcus are doing right now…other than not loan originating.

I hate those motherfuckers. They sound like Ben & Skin all coked up. I’d rather bang Sharon Moore whilst listening to Junk for Joy ads on repeat while Drew watches than get a loan from those motherfuckers. 

7 minutes ago, futureman said:

Angelo has known it’s a bit since day one.  ffs some of y’all are retarded. 

Yeah, no kidding. It’s silly how Dan gets all amped up for it when it’s clear to everyone it’s clear to AC it’s a bit. 

On 9/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, Texzilla58 said:

I’d like someone who has time to do a deep dive into these advertisers on the ticket. Especially the ones with endorsements by hosts.

How many are BBB nightmares. Shitballs to their customers? Ripoff artists? Every host has a sewer problem, a favorite whiskey, and foundation problems. I bet most of these companies are crooks.

During the first few years, the station used to hold their advertisers accountable.

I had 2 instances where I called the station to let them know the companies did crappy work - and within a day or two the company contacted me to fix the problem.

However now, I wouldn’t expect that the station would do a damn thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

During the first few years, the station used to hold their advertisers accountable.
I had 2 instances where I called the station to let them know the companies did crappy work - and within a day or two the company contacted me to fix the problem.
However now, I wouldn’t expect that the station would do a damn thing.

Based on my listening to Norm since the late 80’s, his house must be built on soil as voliatile as Mt St Helen’s. It’s sounds like his house is constantly having foundation issues.
  • Hook 'Em 1