If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

12 minutes ago, XForce said:

Would there be a bigger FU to Corby than that happening? So yes, I hope it happens. 

I’m certain he doesn’t give a shit. His show is blowing them away. The Freak has been terrible for Rhyner and Sirois. I seriously would rather listen to Bob talking about Twitter spats with A&M fans that listen to them on The Downbeat. Greggo won’t change that. That format is goofy and makes guys I liked at The Ticket unlistenable. 

Interesting couple of very frank segments just now about Greggo’s history with Rhyner. And tomorrow they’ll be on live together 3-7 - at a remote.  That’s definitely one way to counterprogram White Elephant Day. 🍿

Edited to add that the show has been much more listenable with Danny in the mix, especially when they’re doing more sports and music now instead of strained lists and topic-wheel random banter.  Sounds like they’re also introducing their own versions of E-News and CQH. Smart to make the show a little more clock/format-driven.

Edited by sasquatch69

Meh. I'd rather listen to Dan and Gordo live. If the Greggo thing is worth listening to, I'll catch the podcast. For a station struggling to act like it's different than the Ticket, they're really grabbing onto all things Ticket nostalgic. Especially pulling in a guy that hasn't been on DFW radio in 15 years.  

Gordo and Dan should counter program with Fake Greggo and replaying the David Kunkel White Elephant show. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

<bear trap>Well, Chief Kunkel has dementia and wouldn’t be able to do any follow-up conversation</bear trap>

I meant replaying the do you like this gig conversation. Not having Kunkel on to talk about it. They already did that before.

48 minutes ago, bluto said:

Who wants to listen to greggo/rhyner anyhow? Do ppl still give that much of a shit? 

greggo and rhyner in their prime were great.  peak greggo was amazing.  and yes, I’m fully aware that he is a shell of himself.  just saying there will be some interest from more than a couple of people. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Who wants to listen to greggo/rhyner anyhow? Do ppl still give that much of a shit? 

Nobody

58 minutes ago, futureman said:

greggo and rhyner in their prime were great.  peak greggo was amazing.  and yes, I’m fully aware that he is a shell of himself.  just saying there will be some interest from more than a couple of people. 

There won’t be any interest. 

I'll tune in. But this is kind of sad. I think rhynes thought his ratings would be better. But the ticket Fandom is kind of an ecosphere. If cat wouldn't have put Davy on the hardline then 97.1 probably would have made more inroads, but it made the show 5000 times better. Sucks got rhynes and sirois but it is what it is. 

I also love every Bob segment having no sponsors. There is a reason, cat. He sucks. 

• Like 1

I'll tune in. But this is kind of sad. I think rhynes thought his ratings would be better. But the ticket Fandom is kind of an ecosphere. If cat wouldn't have put Davy on the hardline then 97.1 probably would have made more inroads, but it made the show 5000 times better. Sucks got rhynes and sirois but it is what it is. 
I also love every Bob segment having no sponsors. There is a reason, cat. He sucks. 

I think Rhyner and Sirois et Al really thought the market had this seething hate they carried for the Ticket. Like our enjoyment of our iPhones despite being made in near slave camps in China, we really didn’t give a shit that the yuck monkeys made Jack shit. We really were disappointed in the laziness of the HL primarily. Gordo has been selfless in kicking everyone in the ass, getting back to what worked, and basically ignoring everything at the freak.

Whereas Rhyner and company spend most of their time talking about the ticket it seems, or droning on about their boring lives. Greggo has shown since his firing he brings no ears to any party.

28 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Morning show has been great. Feel like 10-3 is going to be a letdown since Norm is on it. Hopefully Afternoon Jub appears. 

i am honestly kind of shocked they don't give Norm the Day off as comp for Norm-A-Thon. This isn't his bag, which is fine.

2 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Gordo said on Sunday he was gonna do robot Santa music before white elephant but I didn’t hear it mon/tues…

I thought what he said was there was only two more days of "full strength" Musers (Mon/Tues) but my impression was at least some of them would be here Thursday and Friday?  Mentioned they needed to do their call with Santa (check) plus the songs so hoping he is still here Thursday and Friday.

58 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Everybody enjoy Norm’s “poem”?

I think they need to let norm keep coming in and tell him he’s getting his own show.  give him a trainee board-op and producer who are fresh out of school and trying to learn the ropes.  they will be unpaid interns, though.  sequester norm in his own “studio” (closet) and then just let him broadcast into a dead microphone until he dies in the chair sometime in the next couple years.  

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Man, there's a lot of Dan/Gordo tension today. I guess Dan wasn't onboard with having to take Gordo for White Elephant. 

haven't listed to the Ticket since 255. Enjoying this compelling(to me) radio and these guys on at the same time. 

White elephant has been mostly meh to me today. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1