If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

This has been great listening to Greg and Mike together.  That last segment when they were sharing some laughs feels like the old radio gold.

I listened to a bit on the way home tonight. Was fun hearing them together again after all these years. If they could do that every day, The Downbeat/Freak might have something.
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I listened to a bit on the way home tonight. Was fun hearing them together again after all these years. If they could do that every day, The Downbeat/Freak might have something.

I don’t think Greggo would be up to that and I worry it would fall apart quickly - but I think a weekly segment or two a la Joel Klatt (Fridays with Greggo or somesuch) could work well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Jumped back and forth. But they seemed to get into a pretty good old school rhythm. Like riding a bike. I wouldn't trust greggo farther than I could throw him.... and with my bad knee..... but those two together are the only thing that could pull me away from the Davey hardline. 

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I caught the very beginning and some near the end. Greggo was still the same. Taking about some place he worked in the 70s or something "if you couldn't pull something out of that place your dingus was on backwards"

Is there anywhere online to hear a replay of the show?

They put their show segments up as podcasts on iHeart radio, search freak or downbeat.

10 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

I don’t think Greggo would be up to that and I worry it would fall apart quickly - but I think a weekly segment or two a la Joel Klatt (Fridays with Greggo or somesuch) could work well.

A segment a week or maybe a full show once a month could possibly work.  No way they could jump right back into daily shows.  That wouldn’t be healthy for anyone.

1 minute ago, SameSame said:

A segment a week or maybe a full show once a month could possibly work.  No way they could jump right back into daily shows.  That wouldn’t be healthy for anyone.

Geg said that he couldn't do it again every day. Maybe we will get an occasional visit. I punched out of the white elephant and didn't come back. I'm doing that more often. 

10 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I caught the very beginning and some near the end. Greggo was still the same. Taking about some place he worked in the 70s or something "if you couldn't pull something out of that place your dingus was on backwards"

Is there anywhere online to hear a replay of the show?

Yeah, the part I caught was Greggo saying he didn't think he could do this every day but it was a blast to be on the radio with them yesterday. I wonder if that was truly what Greggo thinks or was he pandering to his audience (the OGW). Let's be honest -- the Hammer fucked up badly and paid a massive price. But addiction is a bitch. I don't think Rhyner has done him right over the years and I hope yesterday helps move their relationship down the road. As dumb as Greggo was, he was a great running buddy on the HL. Rhyner/Greggo/Yuck Monkey Corby/Producer Danny was the best HL.

Oh, and I loved old school Greggo talking about sneaking into next year's All Star Game in Arlington. He claimed that he could sneak into anything and that he'd snuck into two Super Bowls. Upon further investigation, Danny determined the Hammer had a credential to both games but "snuck" in his backpack without having it go thru x-ray machine. The second time he put his credential under his shirt and got onto the sidelines. That was old school braggadocio Greggo at its finest.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, the part I caught was Greggo saying he didn't think he could do this every day but it was a blast to be on the radio with them yesterday. I wonder if that was truly what Greggo thinks or was he pandering to his audience (the OGW). Let's be honest -- the Hammer fucked up badly and paid a massive price. But addiction is a bitch. I don't think Rhyner has done him right over the years and I hope yesterday helps move their relationship down the road. As dumb as Greggo was, he was a great running buddy on the HL. Rhyner/Greggo/Yuck Monkey Corby/Producer Danny was the best HL.

Oh, and I loved old school Greggo talking about sneaking into next year's All Star Game in Arlington. He claimed that he could sneak into anything and that he'd snuck into two Super Bowls. Upon further investigation, Danny determined the Hammer had a credential to both games but "snuck" in his backpack without having it go thru x-ray machine. The second time he put his credential under his shirt and got onto the sidelines. That was old school braggadocio Greggo at its finest.

Currently have a family member battling addiction and a lot of what Greggo said hit close to home. People, me included, threw a lot of hate at him for how things ended. Addiction sucks, he admitted he was out of control. To me, taking full accountability of your actions and improving yourself goes a long way towards forgiveness and forgiving yourself. 

The White Elephant 3-7 group would have been my favorite to listen to but I didn't leave the Freak the entire time. Heard the same from a couple of friends as well. @Grubes, not sure if you can share the numbers but I would have to think they reflect a significant boost from what you've seen daily including podcast numbies the past 16 hours. 

4 hours ago, XForce said:

The White Elephant 3-7 group would have been my favorite to listen to but I didn't leave the Freak the entire time. Heard the same from a couple of friends as well. @Grubes, not sure if you can share the numbers but I would have to think they reflect a significant boost from what you've seen daily including podcast numbies the past 16 hours. 

I don't think I can give the numbers, but yes, definitely a big day for our podcast!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Covri said:

Having listeners fight other for radio comedy

*but putting it on tv instead of radio

Bad decision coach. I don’t want to SEE TC get his fat ginger lesbian ass kicked. I’d rather just HEAR people making fun of he/him.

I don't listen much these days working from home so was just curious if they talk about it or not. Seems like it would make for some entertaining segments with their background doing fight night is all. I don't listen to barstool either but I'll stream that rough and rowdy occasiaonlly for shits and giggles. 

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Not sure on HL but I believe the fill in schedule so far is DJ & Eli Jordan in the mornings, Norm all alone, Work In Progress, and ?. Better than Elf screaming at us in the morning. 

I believe Corby and Davey are in this week. At least Mon-Thurs.

I mean Davey’s already missed like 3 weeks since he started

On 12/10/2022 at 4:47 PM, Covri said:

I don't listen much these days working from home so was just curious if they talk about it or not. Seems like it would make for some entertaining segments with their background doing fight night is all. I don't listen to barstool either but I'll stream that rough and rowdy occasiaonlly for shits and giggles. 

I don't think they can reference Barstool much as they're definitely competition for the demo. Barstool puts out a ton of content and even my old ass consumes it. 

Looking back, the Ticket has missed a few opportunities to get bigger and blow up. It's interesting that Gordo's been the only one to try and dip toes into newer media when even The Horn does Twitch streams.

55 minutes ago, XForce said:

I don't think they can reference Barstool much as they're definitely competition for the demo. Barstool puts out a ton of content and even my old ass consumes it. 

Looking back, the Ticket has missed a few opportunities to get bigger and blow up. It's interesting that Gordo's been the only one to try and dip toes into newer media when even The Horn does Twitch streams.

IIRC a lot of the talent doesn't like being on camera or doesn't want to be on camera and have made that stance clear.

I agree, it's a missed opportunity.

8 hours ago, NoName said:

IIRC a lot of the talent doesn't like being on camera or doesn't want to be on camera and have made that stance clear.

I agree, it's a missed opportunity.

The Ticket has missed a lot of opportunities where everyone could have benefited. The top guys made good money, but there's nothing left for anyone that made the come up. Even Bob & Dan missed out on big paydays.

-Greggo getting fired when HL was going strong

-Never televising any events--Fight Night, Ticketstocks, Timewasters, etc

-No syndication

-Not podcasting shows. The laziness of this alone drives me crazy as they catalogue every show. 

-Letting new media pass them by.

-Renewing Norm's last contract.

Edited by XForce

13 hours ago, XForce said:

The Ticket has missed a lot of opportunities where everyone could have benefited. The top guys made good money, but there's nothing left for anyone that made the come up. Even Bob & Dan missed out on big paydays.

-Greggo getting fired when HL was going strong

-Never televising any events--Fight Night, Ticketstocks, Timewasters, etc

-No syndication

-Not podcasting shows. The laziness of this alone drives me crazy as they catalogue every show. 

-Letting new media pass them by.

-Renewing Norm's last contract.

everyone under the sun says that Norm brings in a ton in advertising, at this point that's literally the ONLY reason they would keep renewing him/keep him around that I can think of.

not podcasting shows, or a full Top 10 every day is a monumental mistake. they tried to do some value add with the Ticket Daily Dump but that died during COVID.

not streaming (PPV option) events is a mistake

3 hours ago, statsman said:

So much fun hearing Corby opine on Chris Beard last night. Like he’s not a fan and defender of a school that had a sexual predator as university president. 

haven't listened to a minute of Corby since Danny joined the Downbeat. Glad they added Danny--there was something missing or maybe it's just that Sirois is still finding his legs. Really enjoy that show now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, XForce said:

haven't listened to a minute of Corby since Danny joined the Downbeat. Glad they added Danny--there was something missing or maybe it's just that Sirois is still finding his legs. Really enjoy that show now. 

Why don’t you fuck off and post over there. 

Do they have a special club for guys like you that exceeds P1? Their numbers are so bad they can know the names of the tens of people still listening.