If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

How long are the Musers out?

Too long. Can’t take whatever it is I’m listening to. 

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Between jd and killer getting so much fill time…. Way too long

DJ has something but laughs way too much. Killer is absolutely terrible. The worst ever. And they take that and try and put him on the air way too much. He should never be on air. 

3 hours ago, futureman said:

just don't listen.  I enjoy the break from it.  and DJ has nothing, he's a dipshit.

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Don’t tell me what to do assface

2 hours ago, futureman said:

you do seem like a DJ fan.

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Not really. You seem like a Mike White fan. 

@Texzilla58Hey man, Norm adds ad $, amirite?

2 hours ago, futureman said:

yeah, I like winners. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

image.gif.7f1d027841407727b05af03d0246ed50.gif

45 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

image.gif.d303d7891a583b2195971b5e4fe65f07.gif

Helping out @NoName

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bluto said:

That’s pretty funny as I turned the stream on and wondered wtf they were doing having killer in a host role this morning 

I had to bail out. Thankfully, the kids are out of school on Wednesday so I can start sleeping in. It's just jarring to wake up at 6am to Elf and Saad. That's where I miss the guys who left for the Rhyner Ego Experiment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

I loved “board op” Mino and maybe he’s good on weekend shows (I never listen), but I’m really not a fan of “fill-in host” Mino or “chime in as producer” Mino.

I’m not either. All the young guys sound the same. Like they went to the same broadcast school and were taught the same way. The only young guy with any talent is Jake and he’s not that young anymore. 

12 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I’m not either. All the young guys sound the same. Like they went to the same broadcast school and were taught the same way. The only young guy with any talent is Jake and he’s not that young anymore. 

the radio game now is only going to get us people who have parents that can support them or if they marry someone with a good job. Weekend shows used to be great to listen to and now even tuning into Mino and Monty isn't a must for me. 

I tried to tell people years ago that radio didn't pay squat except for a very few. When the few refuse to move on, you gotta do what you gotta do and find an opening elsewhere that pays a living wage. Thus you get the minimum wage guys with no experience to be a warm body behind the mic. I wager the Ticket is the first paying on air job for most of them. The Ticket is also rare in that most of the lead talent have been there over 20 years. That just doesn't happen in major market radio. Losing the best of the Tier 2 &3 to 97.1 hurt and we're hearing it now. This is not over.

4 hours ago, RPM said:

I tried to tell people years ago that radio didn't pay squat except for a very few. When the few refuse to move on, you gotta do what you gotta do and find an opening elsewhere that pays a living wage. Thus you get the minimum wage guys with no experience to be a warm body behind the mic. I wager the Ticket is the first paying on air job for most of them. The Ticket is also rare in that most of the lead talent have been there over 20 years. That just doesn't happen in major market radio. Losing the best of the Tier 2 &3 to 97.1 hurt and we're hearing it now. This is not over.

Unless 97.1 drastically changes its format, it’s over. I’m not listening to that garbage. If DJ and Sam Gannon fill in, I’m not listening to anything other than a Dan Carlin or oil price podcast. 

This right here. Like any kind of show business, the ones that get rich is a tiny percentage, the ones that make a decent living still a low percentage, and the vast majority of broadcasters, comedians, actors, musicians make jack shit. You gotta have that day gig.

I was in radio in high school and college in Memphis. Memphis city schools then owned a genuine radio station and it was fun and learned a lot. The teachers were all local minor broadcasters hence the day gig.

I hacked around thru college with some overnight DJ gigs in interesting stations, or doing news or being a board op. I realized quickly it was a dead end as far as money. Rick Dees was still in Memphis making huge money. That was about it.

But the dude that rode with me for three years in high school was a natural. He worked little stations all over the midSouth, made his connections, and within a few years he was the #1 morning drive at the #1 country station, which he did for like 17 years. Then an ownership format change, and he was out. His path was shared by about 1% of folks in radio. Then it was back to small markets, scratching back. Retired now. Does voiceover work and makes a solid living.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, mdmost said:

It's a ratings dead period. No one cares if they roll out spares right now except the P1s. 

That's like saying "no one cares if our food/service is complete shit except the customers". 

They have the hubris of knowing people are so locked in to habit they'll stick around and listen to complete garbage or go away for a bit but come right back in January. The amount of the Ticket I've listened to within the last 12 months compared to 3 or 4 years ago is tiny. Mostly I look here or mainly reddit to see if something interesting happened then go back and listen. Their attitude to not give a shit about their customer unless advertisers are directly paying them for the time slot at that moment just rubs me the wrong way. 

The mood has worsened. I come back to office and CNBC on my TV has been running a lot of Junk for Joy ads. They are considerably worse than the radio spots because you can see the kids that need to be flayed. 

On 12/22/2022 at 8:48 AM, Hermanator said:

That's like saying "no one cares if our food/service is complete shit except the customers". 

They have the hubris of knowing people are so locked in to habit they'll stick around and listen to complete garbage or go away for a bit but come right back in January. The amount of the Ticket I've listened to within the last 12 months compared to 3 or 4 years ago is tiny. Mostly I look here or mainly reddit to see if something interesting happened then go back and listen. Their attitude to not give a shit about their customer unless advertisers are directly paying them for the time slot at that moment just rubs me the wrong way. 

It's called the way it is.