If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 1/31/2023 at 9:39 AM, C-Man said:

Just hearing the Irvin/Closed segment on the stream. Best. One. Ever. WOW

You weren’t exaggerating. 

On 1/31/2023 at 9:43 AM, NOMAAA said:

love a good malakoff reference.

Carrollton, Farmers Branch…you are closed - your kids have the day off. 
Coppell, Argyle….you’re shut down, so is Malakoff. 

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I thought Corby's kid went to Lake Highlands.  But after his story about his kid's team getting their ass whipped by 50 points it's clear he doesn't go there.  

Wonder if any of those coaches he bitched out for whipping their asses knew who he was?

58 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

LH has a pretty good hoops team, no way a Davidson was hooping there (though his wife was a pretty decent athlete)

They’re good but highly overrated. Not impressed with Tre. Samson is a talented, if not offensively challenged big man. If not for him HP would’ve run them out of the gym twice, maybe 3 times. But yeah they have like one or two white kids. One is about 6’ and hits a lot of 3s.  Maybe they’re just average when I’ve seen them, but when I’ve watched Duncanville play, or Dville teams in the past, or when I played North Shore in high school, I was blown away. LH is VERY well coached but they don’t look like a state title contender and Tre is no Holland. 

Edited by Porterhouse

I thought Corby's kid went to Lake Highlands.  But after his story about his kid's team getting their ass whipped by 50 points it's clear he doesn't go there.  

Corby’s oldest goes to Dallas Lutheran. My daughter and Ike are in the same class. Ike plays tennis there. Not sure about basketball. The younger son goes to whatever public school district they’re in — Lake Highlands ISD, I think.

EDIT: Ike does play basketball at DL. Most of those kids play a bunch of sports because the school is so small. My daughter’s boyfriend was “drafted” to play goalie for the soccer team. He wasn’t happy about it.

c09bdf5e000918033ef19104b570bda3.jpg

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

Corby’s oldest goes to Dallas Lutheran. My daughter and Ike are in the same class. Ike plays tennis there. Not sure about basketball. The younger son goes to whatever public school district they’re in — Lake Highlands ISD, I think.

EDIT: Ike does play basketball at DL. Most of those kids play a bunch of sports because the school is so small. My daughter’s boyfriend was “drafted” to play goalie for the soccer team. He wasn’t happy about it.

Yeah that's why I was confused.  I remember him mentioning that one of his kids were switching from private to public.  I guess I assumed it was the older kid.  

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

think it was more the half court trap into the 4th quarter with starters still in while up 40.  its private school basketball, coaches excuse was pretty stupid.  those kids arent going anywhere.  who cares.

I didn't listen to the segment but if that was the case, that's pretty shitty of the other coach to do that. Corby still should've just let it go and not interact with the other coach. But for a segment on the Hard Line? There's no way it was worse than something that aggy Bob would've come up with.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I didn't listen to the segment but if that was the case, that's pretty shitty of the other coach to do that. Corby still should've just let it go and not interact with the other coach. But for a segment on the Hard Line? There's no way it was worse than something that aggy Bob would've come up with.

That was ultimately my thought.  Do I think the opposing coach was shitty?  Sure.  Do I think as a parent you should interject yourself into that?  Absolutely not.  Let your kids coaches decide whether to confront it or not.  In that regard it is really no different than don't sit there and berate officials for bad calls as a parent, let the coaches handle it.  That move by Corby was a bit much.  But then taking your grievance to the Hardline, that's a bitch move.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

Tapps 3a basketball.  Serious business.

One of the most frustrating things about what Corby did and other parents who do likewise. 

Youth/prep sports have a lot of benefits. One of them is how to practice dealing with situations life is going to throw at you with very little or any risk. In this case there are shitty people in the world who will rationalize their shittiness all sorts of ways. But in this instance nobody is losing a job, a home, a spouse, their life etc. You have the kids there with a chance to process how they feel about it, what they think they want to do about it (if anything) how their workgroup (their teammates and coaches) handle it etc, and the worst thing that happened is their basketball team got beat by 47 points. But instead of letting that happen Karen Corby interjects and short circuits that entire chance for them to learn and grow a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I'm sure his kid wanted nothing more than to get the hell out of there, especially after picking up an injury. Instead, he gets to watch his dad melt down over something...again. Shit, I would imagine most of us with kids who've played sports have been there. Sure, you want to say something. But it's not really your place to say something because what is it ultimately going to do other than make you feel good that you said something? 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, C-Man said:

No bitch, Van is a black kindergartner, so shut the fuck up. 

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

I don’t care if they’re trapping in the 4th. They won by 47. There are a lot worse best downs. 

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

That was ultimately my thought.  Do I think the opposing coach was shitty?  Sure.  Do I think as a parent you should interject yourself into that?  Absolutely not.  Let your kids coaches decide whether to confront it or not.  In that regard it is really no different than don't sit there and berate officials for bad calls as a parent, let the coaches handle it.  That move by Corby was a bit much.  But then taking your grievance to the Hardline, that's a bitch move.  

I have no problem with him making a snarky comment to a coach or riding officials in a high school game. Particularly with the coach when he felt they were exhibiting poor sportsmanship.

Bringing it to the air is terrible on so many fronts. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I'm sure his kid wanted nothing more than to get the hell out of there, especially after picking up an injury. Instead, he gets to watch his dad melt down over something...again. Shit, I would imagine most of us with kids who've played sports have been there. Sure, you want to say something. But it's not really your place to say something because what is it ultimately going to do other than make you feel good that you said something? 

I’d rarely scream and yell at someone, but if I see poor behavior by the other coach, I’ll call it out. Now, I am sure what happened is they got their asses kicked but the opposing coach was legitimately trying to work on stuff for tougher competition. Ike got hurt and Corby was pissed they were losing. He popped off. No big deal at all*.  The problem, for a multitude of reasons, is bringing it to the air.

*Our youth football team won every championship we played in. It was a very talented team. In the semifinals several years ago we were up 28-0 early in 3rd quarter on what proved to be our best competition over those years.  All starters had been pulled, we hadn’t attempted a pass in the second half, and were effectively trying to run out the clock. Our 3rd string RB scores a TD on a run in the 4th. On the ensuing kickoff, the opposing coach puts one of his lineman to field a return. Huge kid gets it and goes head hunting. Makes a bee line for one of our smaller receivers and intentionally runs him over, going helmet to helmet. Kids draws a flag, our kid is laid out, and the game ends prematurely. This isn’t my kid, but I chirp (not yell) at the coach after the game that was the most classless chickenshit move ever, and he responds no that was when you guys ran up the score on us. I respond it so it was clear retaliation of a 35-0 game on a basic run by our 3rd stringer in a game where we didn’t attempt a pass in 2.5 quarters?  He had no response, and by then was busy getting yelled at by his own parents and officials and was suspended by the league. Our player had to get checked out for a concussion. Those incidents are rare, but I’ll say something every time I see something Ike that. If it’s my kid, I’m yelling. If it’s a high school football game, I’m saying nothing, but in ear shot in a high school hoops court?  Depends on the situation. 

If you’re driving around out there this week, just remember to keep safety in the back of your mind, stay humble. 

also, whatever to the HZ having tits McGee former wfaa weather girl on for the social media beat? That first run with her bombed so hard they just said no thanks? 😂

45 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

No bitch, Van is a black kindergartner, so shut the fuck up. 

42 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I don’t care if they’re trapping in the 4th. They won by 47. There are a lot worse best downs. 

39 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I have no problem with him making a snarky comment to a coach or riding officials in a high school game. Particularly with the coach when he felt they were exhibiting poor sportsmanship.

Bringing it to the air is terrible on so many fronts. 

21 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I’d rarely scream and yell at someone, but if I see poor behavior by the other coach, I’ll call it out. Now, I am sure what happened is they got their asses kicked but the opposing coach was legitimately trying to work on stuff for tougher competition. Ike got hurt and Corby was pissed they were losing. He popped off. No big deal at all*.  The problem, for a multitude of reasons, is bringing it to the air.

*Our youth football team won every championship we played in. It was a very talented team. In the semifinals several years ago we were up 28-0 early in 3rd quarter on what proved to be our best competition over those years.  All starters had been pulled, we hadn’t attempted a pass in the second half, and were effectively trying to run out the clock. Our 3rd string RB scores a TD on a run in the 4th. On the ensuing kickoff, the opposing coach puts one of his lineman to field a return. Huge kid gets it and goes head hunting. Makes a bee line for one of our smaller receivers and intentionally runs him over, going helmet to helmet. Kids draws a flag, our kid is laid out, and the game ends prematurely. This isn’t my kid, but I chirp (not yell) at the coach after the game that was the most classless chickenshit move ever, and he responds no that was when you guys ran up the score on us. I respond it so it was clear retaliation of a 35-0 game on a basic run by our 3rd stringer in a game where we didn’t attempt a pass in 2.5 quarters?  He had no response, and by then was busy getting yelled at by his own parents and officials and was suspended by the league. Our player had to get checked out for a concussion. Those incidents are rare, but I’ll say something every time I see something Ike that. If it’s my kid, I’m yelling. If it’s a high school football game, I’m saying nothing, but in ear shot in a high school hoops court?  Depends on the situation. 

whats-this-guys-deal-stepbrothers.gif

Are you 3-4 margaritas deep at Bandito's or something?

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

whats-this-guys-deal-stepbrothers.gif

Are you 3-4 margaritas deep at Bandito's or something?

I gotta lot to say and you people are gonna hear it. 

I’ll meet y’all at Banditos tonight, but only if futureman comes. 

23 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

They’re good but highly overrated. Not impressed with Tre. Samson is a talented, if not offensively challenged big man. If not for him HP would’ve run them out of the gym twice, maybe 3 times. But yeah they have like one or two white kids. One is about 6’ and hits a lot of 3s.  Maybe they’re just average when I’ve seen them, but when I’ve watched Duncanville play, or Dville teams in the past, or when I played North Shore in high school, I was blown away. LH is VERY well coached but they don’t look like a state title contender and Tre is no Holland. 

Off topic but Tre looked the part when I saw them play.  Shot lights out and could jump out of the gym.   I mean it's not like he's Lebron or KD out there but he is ranked #1 JR in the country for a reason. Word is we were in good shape to land him before Beard debacle.

5 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Off topic but Tre looked the part when I saw them play.  Shot lights out and could jump out of the gym.   I mean it's not like he's Lebron or KD out there but he is ranked #1 JR in the country for a reason. Word is we were in good shape to land him before Beard debacle.

He looks like another Arterio Morris. I don’t think we’re missing anything big at all. 

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

make it Odelay and I might consider it.  that place is great.

My friends own it. No shit. It’s great except when Zepol and Vic attempt grand theft auto in the parking lot and get into a fucking gun fight.