If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

It was inevitable. Golf is a game played and run by elitist greedy fucks. They've never given a shit about human rights abuses or victims of terrorist attacks. All they care about is money and Saudis have more of it than they do so it was just a matter of time. 

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

It was inevitable. Golf is a game played and run by elitist greedy fucks. They've never given a shit about human rights abuses or victims of terrorist attacks. All they care about is money and Saudis have more of it than they do so it was just a matter of time. 

yeah money is great but this had something to do with the PGA not wanting shit to come out in court and I'm just curious if anyone has an idea what that is.

8 hours ago, futureman said:

yeah money is great but this had something to do with the PGA not wanting shit to come out in court and I'm just curious if anyone has an idea what that is.

They didn't want the books opened up because then the players really would have known how much money the pga was generating and not going back to the players. It would have all come out in discovery and made them look even worse than they do right now. 

That's just my educated guess. Or uneducated. Either way. 

10 hours ago, futureman said:

1 hour ago, pops said:

They didn't want the books opened up because then the players really would have known how much money the pga was generating and not going back to the players. It would have all come out in discovery and made them look even worse than they do right now. 

Read somewhere this AM that the PGA Tour wasn't as flush as one might expect and estimates had the annual bill for ongoing litigation against LIV was in the $50M range. The Tour also increased purses dramatically in hopes of retaining stars who otherwise would defect to golf's version of the Super League that was pitched in world soccer.

4 hours ago, pops said:

I don’t think they wanted the precarious financial situation the Saudis have put them in subject to discovery. 

Corby is beyond lazy and dumb. Today, he noted how rare it would be for TCU to make the CWS and appear in the NC football game. Just off the top of my head, Texas made the CWS every year they WON the national title, including ‘05 when they won both. Miami won both in ‘01. This is just off the top of my head. 

Edited by Porterhouse

Read somewhere this AM that the PGA Tour wasn't as flush as one might expect and estimates had the annual bill for ongoing litigation against LIV was in the $50M range. The Tour also increased purses dramatically in hopes of retaining stars who otherwise would defect to golf's version of the Super League that was pitched in world soccer.

Hah no fucking way.

They were non-profit and cleared almost 1.5billion each of the last 5 years.

Litigation would have opened the books to their lobbying which as a 501c6 can spend unlimited amounts in lobbying…

I’m also guessing that all the articles last year about how a non-profit can stay non-profit when over 70% of its income goes into “other expenses” while only 16% goes out as charitable donations/funds.

They were about to spend a fuckton of money in legal fees to have to turn over all that information to the media and the US DoJ
  • Hook 'Em 2

The problem was LIV caused the PGA to massively increase the purses. They had already pocketed the money from previous years and (1) didn't have the dough to fight the Saudi, (2) didn't want the players to find out about their money scheme.

10 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Hah no fucking way.

They were non-profit and cleared almost 1.5billion each of the last 5 years.

Litigation would have opened the books to their lobbying which as a 501c6 can spend unlimited amounts in lobbying…

I’m also guessing that all the articles last year about how a non-profit can stay non-profit when over 70% of its income goes into “other expenses” while only 16% goes out as charitable donations/funds.

They were about to spend a fuckton of money in legal fees to have to turn over all that information to the media and the US DoJ

Isn't the Red Cross even worse than that? Something like one penny of every dollar raised by the Red Cross actually goes toward help/relief programs?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, RPM said:

The problem was LIV caused the PGA to massively increase the purses. They had already pocketed the money from previous years and (1) didn't have the dough to fight the Saudi, (2) didn't want the players to find out about their money scheme.

This is what I’ve heard and read. 

Now George and Junior are convinced the Saudis are doing this because oil is going away. For fuck’s sake they’re idiots. 

Isn't the Red Cross even worse than that? Something like one penny of every dollar raised by the Red Cross actually goes toward help/relief programs?

I think their charitable fund allotment is relatively low but I think the deep digging on Red Cross did at least show their the bulk of their funds were going towards medical and biomedical services. Not salaries, lobbying and “other expenses”.

But yeah I think their charitable fund is pretty low to like 9 cents for every dollar.

The Red Cross is an evil organization. Going back to my grandfather, my mom and dad, they would call bullshit at every Red Cross commercial. When in WW1 in France the RC would set up shop and sell coffee and donuts and toiletries to fighting men. Dad had same experience in Korea. In high school my mom volunteered with them the service the big flood in Ft Worth in 49. She quit when they put her in a booth to sell blankets, food, etc to the victims who had lost everything. The Red Cross can go fuck itself.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 10:25 PM, Porterhouse said:

Corby is beyond lazy and dumb. Today, he noted how rare it would be for TCU to make the CWS and appear in the NC football game. Just off the top of my head, Texas made the CWS every year they WON the national title, including ‘05 when they won both. Miami won both in ‘01. This is just off the top of my head. 

They had an NIL segment a week or so ago that was infuriating for anyone that actually has followed it and/or has any actual understanding of college recruiting and the black market that has existed for years.   It made me realize I enjoy their show much more when it's not football season as their college football takes are just so bad/lazy.  I'll never understand how all of us that have real careers that have nothing to do with sports can be so much more knowledgeable than Corby when that's his fucking job.  I get irritated with some of the Jake and Dan business of sports segments as they butcher the business side as well but I give them a bit of a pass because that's outside of their box.  Corby is the "college football blowhard" and he doesn't know jack shit except base "football board" level OU stuff.  I know more about his damn team than he does.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

I don’t really use twitter but I’ve made several bogus accounts over the last decade or so.  I think the one that junes blocked was some amalgamation of “futureman” and a bunch of numbers. 

There's no way that's a word...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1