If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

As an aside from the current news, the other day the Musers brought up all the political ads they are playing.  Cat said they were forced to do so.  Is that true, or does he just want cover?  I can see some archaic reason for it being forced, but for what it's devolved into today I don't really know why anyone would want to voluntarily get involved without being desperate for the money.

2 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

As an aside from the current news, the other day the Musers brought up all the political ads they are playing.  Cat said they were forced to do so.  Is that true, or does he just want cover?  I can see some archaic reason for it being forced, but for what it's devolved into today I don't really know why anyone would want to voluntarily get involved without being desperate for the money.

I believe the rule is the FCC forces stations to play political ads because the radio frequencies are owned by the government. Also why you can't say certain words on the radio. If Beto wanted to run ads on the Ticket, they would have to give equal time to him since they run the opposition's ads. It's not free though so I'm sure that's why Cumulus is fine with the frequency of them. The Ticket can turn down or stop the ads from Crazy Gun Dealer because he's a private business and they can choose not to accept his ad money. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

https://www.12news.com/article/news/politics/broadcasters-cannot-censor-campaign-ads/75-5a82df4a-8d41-4d6e-8b64-595c9bdc66f5

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

I believe the rule is the FCC forces stations to play political ads because the radio frequencies are owned by the government. Also why you can't say certain words on the radio. If Beto wanted to run ads on the Ticket, they would have to give equal time to him since they run the opposition's ads. It's not free though so I'm sure that's why Cumulus is fine with the frequency of them. The Ticket can turn down or stop the ads from Crazy Gun Dealer because he's a private business and they can choose not to accept his ad money. 

If only the FCC enforced every word in them has to be truth backed up by facts. 

I just stopped listening to the station at all now because of them. Just the beginning parts before I can pick up my phone and skip forward are unbearable. 

For the $13.10 a month they charge I wish the usave ones were uploaded with click able markers at the beginning of each segment so you can one touch skip the commercials. 

What really annoys me about Bob- he talks like he’s got it all figured out and has to explain it to us, that he’s the smartest guy in the room. He is blind to his sports fan biases (Bucks, Packers, Aggies) and believes his thoughts on them are as authoritative as his thoughts on everything else. It’s unlistenable- I regularly punch out five seconds after hearing him start to opine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It has to be a bit that two political ads both reference someone standing up, right?

I would rather have a threesome with Sharon Moore and Bart Reagor in the parking lot of The Crazy Gun Dealer while they repeatedly sing the “Donate to Junk for Joy” jingle than listen another of “those” ads.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TexPx said:

I would rather have a threesome with Sharon Moore and Bart Reagor in the parking lot of The Crazy Gun Dealer while they repeatedly sing the “Donate to Junk for Joy” jingle than listen another of “those” ads.

Aggressive. But, warranted. 

4 hours ago, statsman said:

What really annoys me about Bob- he talks like he’s got it all figured out and has to explain it to us, that he’s the smartest guy in the room. He is blind to his sports fan biases (Bucks, Packers, Aggies) and believes his thoughts on them are as authoritative as his thoughts on everything else. It’s unlistenable- I regularly punch out five seconds after hearing him start to opine. 

I love it when Joel Klatt(Joel Klatt) comes on and since Bob knows Joel is the CFB guy, it’s one of the few times he doesn’tact like he’s the smartest guy on air. 

7 hours ago, XForce said:

I love it when Joel Klatt(Joel Klatt) comes on and since Bob knows Joel is the CFB guy, it’s one of the few times he doesn’t act like he’s the smartest guy on air. 

That's because Joel will not hesitate to embarrass Bob by slicing his shitty take to shreds.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Don’t know how y’all can blame him. He no doubt had a wildebeest hispaña on top of him and he could only come up for air, Cowboys threads, and NFL fight threads his buddies were involved with.