If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 2/22/2023 at 12:34 PM, mdmost said:

Musers still crushing it. Cowboys in the playoffs helped the Fan. The Freak gets a little better ratings but still not much. 

5qnqrwv9vqja1.png?width=926&format=png&a

Key number to watch there is M25-54 3-7p.  That's what the Freak is hanging its hat on.  The fact they've already surpassed the Eagle previous year average #s after less than four months on the air is good for them, and I expect to see that number climb.  B&S from 12-3 are in similar territory, but not as crucial since cume by daypart is always lower outside drivetime.  Curious to see if the morning show can gain traction; I'm not optimistic.  The next few months will be the big tell, since Cowboys season is over - The Fan will drop considerably, and the Ticket is likely to drop as well.

Edited by sasquatch69
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

Key number to watch there is M25-54 3-7p.  That's what the Freak is hanging its hat on.  The fact they've already surpassed the Eagle previous year average #s after less than four months on the air is good for them, and I expect to see that number climb.  B&S from 12-3 are in similar territory, but not as crucial since cume by daypart is always lower outside drivetime.  Curious to see if the morning show can gain traction; I'm not optimistic.  The next few months will be the big tell, since Cowboys season is over - The Fan will drop considerably, and the Ticket is likely to drop as well.

It’s hanging its hat on terrible numbers outright, and numbers that are only slightly better relative to its overall performance?  By any metric, except Sirois’ fun level, The Freak has been a failure. 

11 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

It’s hanging its hat on terrible numbers outright, and numbers that are only slightly better relative to its overall performance?  By any metric, except Sirois’ fun level, The Freak has been a failure. 

No station is going to build a sizable audience from scratch in three months. Steady growth is the goal.

1 hour ago, sasquatch69 said:

No station is going to build a sizable audience from scratch in three months. Steady growth is the goal.

For the amount of money they invested it’s a massive failure. 

Steady growth with that fat payroll? IHeart is expecting fast results. This is a shitshow. It’s like walking into the geek incel frat house basement. Everytime I give it a shot I’m out quickly because the “we say what we want” isn’t provocative or entertaining. All Rhyner did was get paid to wake up Gordo and get some revival going.

15 hours ago, futureman said:

cowboys or no cowboys, the fan basically beat the ticket outside of gordon keith's airtime.  

I invite you go to go elsewhere for your sports talk.

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Saw an OGW billboard on 35 near 30 in Ft Worth this morning. Hey, it's exposure. Personally, if I'm driving and the choice is Bob/Corby or Downbeat I'm down for the fun drive.

Except it's Bob/Corby + Davey and it's actually much better since Gen X came on-board. I don't even flip over to The Freak any longer.

• Hook 'Em 2

The Freak needs to figure out it's morning show. The current one isn't gaining any ground. They need to at least be able to compete with the Fan in that area. 

The Fan has been the place for people who want more straight sports coverage, especially for Cowboys and Rangers. They have that audience baked in and have had some stability with hosts who can develop together for the first time. 

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Steady growth with that fat payroll? IHeart is expecting fast results. This is a shitshow. It’s like walking into the geek incel frat house basement. Everytime I give it a shot I’m out quickly because the “we say what we want” isn’t provocative or entertaining. All Rhyner did was get paid to wake up Gordo and get some revival going.

I’m still in the “Texzilla talks like a fag and his shit’s all retarded” camp. But you’re starting to make me come around.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Corby has the bad ear shit. He’s got the tiny brain tumor on the ear nerve. Getting the huge prednisone treatment so he probably weighs 300 pounds.

Of course Sturm thinks prednisone steroids is the same as anabolic. Idiot.

I think he was joking. 

52 minutes ago, pops said:

Norm may be the worst interviewer in the history of radio. That maddux interview was tough to listen to. And they know each other. What the fuck??

Norm was a product of being the only guy talking sports on the radio during the dark era and got grandfathered in to the sports talk era. He would never make it if he were 50 years younger and started today. He has zero talent, is annoying, and is overall an unpleasant listen. But he's a nice enough guy and is non threatening to the sports figures with his obvious line of softball questions 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 9:57 PM, Hermanator said:

Norm was a product of being the only guy talking sports on the radio during the dark era and got grandfathered in to the sports talk era. He would never make it if he were 50 years younger and started today. He has zero talent, is annoying, and is overall an unpleasant listen. But he's a nice enough guy and is non threatening to the sports figures with his obvious line of softball questions 

Old people fucking love him though. Both my parents and in-laws listen to Norm religiously and tune out everything else on the ticket. It’s unbelievable to me. I’ve tried to get my dad or MIL to listen to BAD and Hang Zone over the years when I’m driving with them. They look at me like I have three heads when they hear it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/24/2023 at 9:42 AM, Hermanator said:

and have had some stability with hosts 

I always thought that was the key for the Fan.  maybe it's a chicken and egg deal, but after they finally stuck with the core guys over time, they gained some traction.  I listen to the Fan a little more cause i finally know who those clowns are.  

On 2/24/2023 at 9:21 AM, C-Man said:

it's actually much better since Gen X came on-board. 

been freebasing truth serum i see. 

On 2/24/2023 at 11:22 AM, Porterhouse said:

I’m still in the “Texzilla talks like a fag and his shit’s all retarded” camp. But you’re starting to make me come around.

On 2/24/2023 at 5:26 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Corby has the bad ear shit. He’s got the tiny brain tumor on the ear nerve. Getting the huge prednisone treatment so he probably weighs 300 pounds.

Of course Sturm thinks prednisone steroids is the same as anabolic. Idiot.

On 2/24/2023 at 6:48 PM, NOMAAA said:

I think he was joking. 

image.gif.a7f2a875c15bf0e83f37a612b0c14957.gif

6 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

I always thought that was the key for the Fan.  maybe it's a chicken and egg deal, but after they finally stuck with the core guys over time, they gained some traction.  I listen to the Fan a little more cause i finally know who those clowns are.  

been freebasing truth serum i see

His opinion isn’t merely an opinion. It’s 100% fact. Enjoy listening to the fan. Maybe start a thread about it. 

24 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

I don’t get it. 

Had nothing to do with you, except I was listening and Bob was very clearly joking.  I was debating coming around on him. Now, it is known. 

Gordon's Russian Tortoise had me laughing

"This Luka and Kyrie thing is doomed to fail, i live in a hole in the ground and even I can see it"

"The coach Kidd had it wrong it was not a turtle in the race it was a tortoise. I will say it now, I am not afraid to say it, I think that this coach Kidd... I think he's a bitch!"

1 hour ago, Saint Austin said:

Was listening to a segment on The Downbeat and Sirois was talking about "two eligible bachelors" on the show... Rhynes and Danny. I thought he was settled down with a 2-year-old, but maybe I missed something.

Could have been Mike and Mike.