If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

The Freak is climbing up. I'm surprised their morning show even climbed a bit. 

The Fan's coverage BLOWS AWAY everyone else when it comes to Cowboys talk. In both quantity and quality. I think most of their listeners are the year round Cowboys fanatics mixed in with a mid day bump of hard core Rangers fans starting in Feb/March as that fuck Bacsik, no matter how horrible a racist piece of shit, of course knows his baseball very well. Along with Derek Holland on there a lot their midday show blows away everyone else on Rangers talk (outside of the once a week Norm/Donnie segment with Evan Grant). 

Gordo is the best thing on radio in the nation. When Gordo isn't there Jub Jub becomes fairly boring George Dunham. Gordo brings the entertaining out of him. As long as he's there no one can compete with his show. 

The Fan's coverage BLOWS AWAY everyone else when it comes to Cowboys talk. In both quantity and quality.

Geez - I shudder to think about a station that has even MORE Cowboys talk than the Ticket does…especially during the season. And I (pre)say that as a Cowboys fan.
  • Hook 'Em 3

The best thing that happened to the Ticket in years was the hype about Rhyner and 97.1. Gordo rallyed the troops and the product improved, and most folks that gave Rhynes a listen moved on. I admit I was skeptical with the morass that was hanging on them but Gordo has led this resurgence and recent dominance. Impressive.

97.1 is basically the XFL. One old star and the all castoffs and never weres from the big leagues. Off on their little corner of the dial talking about stupid shit.

The Fan is the go to if you want Cowboys coverage.

7 hours ago, RPM said:

fify

They will never call him out.

Someone doesn't listen to them. Over the last handful of years they've called him out more than the ticket has. He's gotten pissed and snappy on air with multiple hosts during his radio show because he didn't like when they called him out. They've gotten into it with Jerry's mouthpiece Mickey Spagnola when Mickey says obviously dumb shit to cover for the Joneses. 

The ticket propaganda spots saying that always make me chuckle because they're obvious bullshit to anyone who pays attention. I guess people like you is why they run them. 

11 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

You couldn't be more wrong about this. Jub is best when Gordon isn't around

Afternoon Jub is the best Jub. Slightly buzzed and killing it on picks with friends. All props to Gordon, but Dan is a massive talent that makes everyone on air with him better as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Hermanator said:

The Freak is climbing up. I'm surprised their morning show even climbed a bit. 

The Fan's coverage BLOWS AWAY everyone else when it comes to Cowboys talk. In both quantity and quality. I think most of their listeners are the year round Cowboys fanatics mixed in with a mid day bump of hard core Rangers fans starting in Feb/March as that fuck Bacsik, no matter how horrible a racist piece of shit, of course knows his baseball very well. Along with Derek Holland on there a lot their midday show blows away everyone else on Rangers talk (outside of the once a week Norm/Donnie segment with Evan Grant). 

Gordo is the best thing on radio in the nation. When Gordo isn't there Jub Jub becomes fairly boring George Dunham. Gordo brings the entertaining out of him. As long as he's there no one can compete with his show. 

@Hermanator what's the story on Bacsik? 

4 minutes ago, Longhornstampede said:

@Hermanator what's the story on Bacsik? 

I'm being a little harsh on ol' Bacsik but he got fired from the ticket for making racist remarks against the people of San Antonio as the Spurs whipped up on the Mavs in the 2010 playoffs. 

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/ktcks-mike-bacsik-learns-the-hard-way-not-to-tweet-while-under-the-influence-7123864

He hasn't done anything publicly like that since but I like to take a little dig at him whenever the chance arises

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

Mexicans and that dirty river in SA. Not really new news but I think he's right about the river

Any river that runs through a major city is going to be disgusting. The Trinity isn't exactly crystal clear with all the floaters the cops fish out of it. 

The last page has way too much Hermanator. That cunt needs to start a Fan thread. Bascik is a really good dude who isn’t racist in the slightest. He made an incredibly stupid remark, and he has muppet voice. 

On 3/21/2023 at 3:58 PM, mdmost said:

February ratings. The Musers continue to dominate. The Freak is getting a better share little by little but still fairly small.

February Ratings - Ticket #1, again

renderTimingPixel.png

Last month I took note of this remarkable result: The Ticket being #1 total market (6+) for January. Something that had never happened before, but it also was just a small part of what was the station's best-ever ratings month.

February was better. The Ticket is, amazingly, #1 total market for the 2nd straight month and just improved on its "best ever month", with an even better month. Following up a good month with a better month is obviously the goal, but as someone who has a bit of experience tracking and studying ratings, the Ticket is currently on a run of results notable by any measure.

The station's M25-54 M-F 6a-7p performance has been growing at a fantastic pace since last October, and with one exception is #1 in every M25-54 daytime slot.

The back-to-back #1 6+ result is neat, but meaningful only as an indicator of the station's current run across not just its target demo but into other age groups, both men and women. Being top in the total market normally finds a far more broad-based format in that spot (CHR, Hot AC, Country, etc) but February's run of Ticket programming; Super Bowl Week, Corby's Bus Trip, Ticketstock, etc all paid off. Once felt like a cool statistical anomaly, twice in a row is something ratings nerds begin to pay attention to.

The underlying data, which I won't bore you with, supports the thought that the last 4-5 month run has been one of, if not the best, runs in Ticket history. And that's something for a 25+-year-old, legendary station.

Notes: Remember, you can compare dayparts across the different stations, but not a station across the dayparts. This rating period covers Feb 2-March 1 and the next month will be one to watch as the March book, historically due to Spring Break Dry Dock, isn't the station's strongest

sb9ky0bqt5pa1.png?width=1138&format=png&

I mean I get it,  because I do the same thing,  but it is always shocking to me to see how many people turn off the radio from 10 to noon and turn it right back on. I dont know how all of the timing works as far as when everything is measured but that is glaring. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

The last page has way too much Hermanator. That cunt needs to start a Fan thread. Bascik is a really good dude who isn’t racist in the slightest. He made an incredibly stupid remark, and he has muppet voice. 

yeah hermanator is a fucking dipshit. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Sports Day app is borked, apparently has been since last night. Fix this shit, Rich!

I’m still getting nothing. Also, when it is working have y’all noticed these new full screen pop up ads that are virtually impossible to close? About half the time I’m ready to skip some commercials I have to close out of the entire app instead because some bullshit ad in a foreign language covers the scroll bar. 

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

Sports Day app is borked, apparently has been since last night. Fix this shit, Rich!

Mine didn't work some of last week either.  I thought maybe I needed to delete and reinstall it or something, but yeah, shit don't work and guess I'm not alone.

37 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

So The Freak got booted with 24hr notice from their reserved spot for a remote today at Texas Live next to Globe Life for opening day.  And then suddenly, The Ticket was at Texas Live doing THEIR live broadcast today.  Hmm...

really?  and you're not kiddin?

42 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Maybe Texas Live wanted a show that got actual ratings. 

Downbeat is moving up month to month - over a 3 share now. I don’t know how much it will affect KTCK, but the Fan is dropping. End of football season has a lot to do with that, too. Nice to have a good sports radio rivalry again here, though. I find myself listening to the Musers but then switching to 97.1 for afternoons. The Fan never makes it into the rotation, ever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1