Antonio Brown Will Not Play For the Steelers Next Season

Vic Mackey

26 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Being an self Centered and good at what you do gets you paid, need at 6 

Big Ben, who used to pay an off duty cop to prevent people from interrupting him while Ben raped drunk girls at bars and who was moaning about retirement a season or two recently before getting a coach fired and signing an extension is a total self-centered piece of shit. 

And yet the Steelers owner deemed the self-centered entitled rapist “the father of the team with 52 children”...

Somehow I’m not seeing the best WR in the NFL , who was going into an off-season with zero guaranteed money, as the problem with that franchise. 

Now the best WR in the NFL has a little more than $30 million guaranteed on a 3 year/ $50 million contract and his new team only gave up 3rd & 5th round picks after they picked up a 1st round pick for trading a significantly lower quality WR for this same draft. 

Antonio Brown is the fucking MAN!!

And he helped the Raiders in the draft as well as he will on the field. 

Mad props for making feeble fans eat shit while he is #winning. The Steelers are playing checkers and Antonio is playing chess. 

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Big Ben, who used to pay an off duty cop to prevent people from interrupting him while Ben raped drunk girls at bars and who was moaning about retirement a season or two recently before getting a coach fired and signing an extension is a total self-centered piece of shit. 

And yet the Steelers owner deemed the self-centered entitled rapist “the father of the team with 52 children”...

Somehow I’m not seeing the best WR in the NFL , who was going into an off-season with zero guaranteed money, as the problem with that franchise. 

Now the best WR in the NFL has a little more than $30 million guaranteed on a 3 year/ $50 million contract and his new team only gave up 3rd & 5th round picks after they picked up a 1st round pick for trading a significantly lower quality WR for this same draft. 

Mad props for making feeble fans eat shit while he is #winning. The Steelers are playing checkers and Antonio is playing chess. 

He realized what his worth was and did it.

when is the last time a player held out and didn’t get a better deal?

LeVeon Bell?

You asked...  and before any stupid money contract with the Jets gets brought up, remember Bell is already $14.5mm in the hole from 2018.

Edited by slorch

My response to any AB defenders is:

1. He was statistically the best WR for a few years in the 2015-2017 window when he had a HOF QB, very good OL, and Leveon Bell at RB. He’s now a couple years older. Will you get that production out of him in 2019-2021 with a lesser surrounding cast?

2. He ALREADY GOT HIS GUARANTEED MONEY. It’s been in his bank account since 2017. You don’t agree to a structure that puts a lot up front and less per year (which protects you in case of injury), and then bitch about your annual compensation and guarantees in Year 3 of the deal. He is double dipping like a mother fucker and the Raiders just appeased him. The revised value of his 2017 contract now is 5 years $90 million, with Pittsburgh paying $40 for 2017-2018 and Raiders paying $50 for 2019-2021.

3. He seems like a huge bitch and quit on his team last year when they were still in playoff contention. 

4. Prediction: Raiders will cut him before the end of this contract. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Well said. These clowns have fake morals, as they dick ride the rapist, but hate on AB. Welcome to ***** America.

Edited by Awlready
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Machinator said:

That sounds good on the surface but they traded a 24 year old WR (Cooper) for a 31 year old WR (Brown) who will make significantly more money.  There's also the Raiders draft history so I'm not confident that those picks will mean anything.

10 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That sounds good on the surface but they traded a 24 year old WR (Cooper) for a 31 year old WR (Brown) who will make significantly more money.  There's also the Raiders draft history so I'm not confident that those picks will mean anything.

Al Davis is dead, he loved him some fast wr

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

My response to any AB defenders is:

...3. He seems like a huge bitch and quit on his team last year when they were still in playoff contention. 

4. Prediction: Raiders will cut him before the end of this contract. 

AB is a stud who has given up his body more time than his bleeding cunt of a QB in half the time in the NFL.

Rape-lisberger threw a game ending interception to a defensive lineman near the goal line and then, instead of taking the loss, the pussy threw his star WR under the bus by making up some bullshit story about AB running the wrong route  

ALERT: If you throw an INT to a DL, that’s on you, bitch!

9 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Mysteries of the salary cap 

Fuck the Steelers, their owner/GM, and the fucking rapist QB. Take that Salary Cap hit in the ass while Raiders and LeVeon turn their teams around. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

AB is a stud who has given up his body more time than his bleeding cunt of a QB in half the time in the NFL.

Rape-lisberger threw a game ending interception to a defensive lineman near the goal line and then, instead of taking the loss, the pussy threw his star WR under the bus by making up some bullshit story about AB running the wrong route  

ALERT: If you throw an INT to a DL, that’s on you, bitch!

Fuck the Steelers, their owner/GM, and the fucking rapist QB. Take that Salary Cap hit in the ass while Raiders and LeVeon turn their teams around. 

I think Roethlesberger is a POS. My post had nothing to do with him. It was about AB double dipping on signing bonuses and no longer being the top 3 WR in the NFL or worth that contract. 

I think Roethlesberger is a POS. My post had nothing to do with him. It was about AB double dipping on signing bonuses and no longer being the top 3 WR in the NFL or worth that contract. 
104 receptions and leads the league in TD receptions...

Every team in the league would pay for that type of production...except New England.

104 receptions and leads the league in TD receptions...

Every team in the league would pay for that type of production...except New England.
Murfdogg(and i concur/mentioned same) isnt saying he is bad but hopkins,julio and maybe 2 more are also in top 3 argument and less headache ...numbers could be attributed to system also ...juju had great numbers also

If brown does it oakland then you can say i told ya so

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

It's a business, NFL owners have made this clear. It's AB's job to extract as much money as possible from the business in the time he has. I would happily do the same.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Pitt got bent over on that deal lol

3rd and a 5th plus eating 21 mil in deadcap

They were going to eat the dead money no matter what deal they took.  It's hard to get back fmv for a disgruntled diva WR who threatens to retire if he doesn't get to a place of his choosing.  This was a lose-lose-sort of lose.  Pittsburgh is going takes the short-term pain of the dead money without getting fmv.  The Raiders are overpaying for a 31 year old WR coming out of his prime.  AB gets his money but will be playing for a aimless franchise nomadically wandering around the desert.  Good headlines though....

16 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

So when this clown bitch is crying again in two years, he needs to be blacklisted.

It's a business.

i don't have a problem with someone maximizing their earnings, while keeping it between the lines off the field.  For all of the drama, AB has generally been a good citizen, if you will.

Time will tell if he's worth the price.  I seriously doubt he will approach his past productivity in the Raiders offense.

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

Murfdogg(and i concur/mentioned same) isnt saying he is bad but hopkins, julio and maybe...

😂🤣😂🤣

Julio went something like 10 to 12 straight games without a TD this season. 

He has the consistency of a blindfolded guy playing darts. 

Hopkins was pretty good until the WR on the other side of the field got hurt, then the whole Houston offense started to sputter. 

Yes, AB had a year that wasn’t as great this past year, but the Steelers spread it around more than ever. From throwing to 2 TEs, a WR2 and a WR3, plus to their RB1, they spread it around like they hadn’t in 10 years. 

But you look at AB’s Drops, TDs, and Average Yards/Reception compared to the Raiders’ WRs last year and the Raiders’ offense has a chance to drastically improve next year.

For a team from Pennsylvania, it is amazing at how AB going from Pittsburgh to Oakland has made so many UT fans furious. My guess is that the angry people are white and not happy with their own lives. 

FULL DISCLOSURE: I’m white and not thrilled with where my life is, but am not triggered by a career-long company guy fucking over the company that was trying to make him out to be a bad guy, had trashed him through the season, and could fire him at any time and he wouldn’t even get severance.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

They’re about to sign Bell too, aren’t they.

That would be glorious. Then draft OLs and another WR. (LJH?)

A good ESPN article grading the trade, analyzing how AB orchestrated this off-season, and providing comparisons to show how AB has been compensated like an average WR his entire career. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26186487/grading-antonio-brown-trade-steelers-raiders-won

I didn't think much of Brown and still don't for the way he has acted, but leaving sentiment aside and reading that article earlier in the day, you realize part of the problem is the way the Steelers have done business and it's not a coincidence both Brown and Bell are leaving.

Julio went something like 10 to 12 straight games without a TD this season. 
He has the consistency of a blindfolded guy playing darts. 
Hopkins was pretty good until the WR on the other side of the field got hurt, then the whole Houston offense started to sputter. 
Yes, AB had a year that wasn’t as great this past year, but the Steelers spread it around more than ever. From throwing to 2 TEs, a WR2 and a WR3, plus to their RB1, they spread it around like they hadn’t in 10 years. 
But you look at AB’s Drops, TDs, and Average Yards/Reception compared to the Raiders’ WRs last year and the Raiders’ offense has a chance to drastically improve next year.
For a team from Pennsylvania, it is amazing at how AB going from Pittsburgh to Oakland has made so many UT fans furious. My guess is that the angry people are white and not happy with their own lives. 
FULL DISCLOSURE: I’m white and not thrilled with where my life is, but am not triggered by a career-long company guy fucking over the company that was trying to make him out to be a bad guy, had trashed him through the season, and could fire him at any time and he wouldn’t even get severance.

Lol who is triggered or mad...talking football on football board = triggered???

If you dont think hopkins and julio are in top 3 convo then that says all i need to know about your perspective

6 hours ago, Bullneck said:

This thread has been on page 1 forever.  It's also all over Deadspin.  I would like to know why Antonio Brown is such a big deal and why people care about his career.

For the same reason people watched the Machado and Harper signings in baseball. For the same reason we discuss LeBron, Kawhi, Kyrie, et al in the NBA

It's among the very biggest contracts in the league and it just changed franchises.

What else SHOULD we be discussing?  The Jaguars' helmets?

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

For the same reason people watched the Machado and Harper signings in baseball. For the same reason we discuss LeBron, Kawhi, Kyrie, et al in the NBA

It's among the very biggest contracts in the league and it just changed franchises.

What else SHOULD we be discussing?  The Jaguars' helmets?

Is he as good as Jerry Rice and Ocho Cinco put together or his he an above average guy with a good agent?

Just now, Bullneck said:

Is he as good as Jerry Rice and Ocho Cinco put together or his he an above average guy with a good agent?

Are we allowed to discuss that?

What are the fucking rules?