Casey Thompson

Tex Long

It's really pretty simple. This offense can be elite next year. It's not about lack of development. It's all tied to play calling and personnel usage.

Play calling was dogshit in the first half. And go with the hot hand at RB. Bijan will often be hot. Roschon will be some. He's not tonight so reduce the touches.

Brewer has a place as we've seen tonight.

Herman and Yurcich do need butt kickings.

• Hook 'Em 2

Good for him, I hope the job is his in 2021. There is still something to be had with QBs who sit for a few years and take over when they're ready, physically and mentally. I believe most teams prefer starting a RS soph or junior but it's not always possible (see Texas 2011-2017) I know all these QBs think they're the greatest and want to start as true freshmen. If not then they hit the transfer portal. 

If you want to make the NFL then all you need is 1-2 good years. Might as well be patient and wait your turn. Let Thompson have the job in 2021 and if he keeps it through 2022 then fine. Card will still have plenty of time if he's patient himself.

• Hook 'Em 2

Based on how this post game presser is going, Casey should transfer tomorrow.

we couldn’t simplify things for Sam. And Casey has looked this good in practice but apparently we never wanted to play him. Cool fuck you

Edited by taybo20
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Thompson has some major transfer leverage now. 

Maybe against a competent program.  How about on a dysfunctional one?  Not as easy, huh?  We'd watch him portal and say Card and the new guy still leaves us three with Sam on oxygen on standby.  You think Sam isn't ready to go, even with a cast on? We've seen one armed Sam play with broken ribs.  This program doesn't need a passing qb to come in 3rd.  Ball control.  Keep it tight, everybody--the kicker, punter, qb, wrs.  Missed fg's, shanked punts, holding calls, unnecessary targeting, goal line fumbles--cool.  Everybody tight means we got a ballgame that we have a shot of winning in the final seconds.   

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Maybe against a competent program.  How about on a dysfunctional one?  Not as easy, huh?  We'd watch him portal and say Card and the new guy still leaves us three with Sam on oxygen on standby.  You think Sam isn't ready to go, even with a cast on? We've seen one armed Sam play with broken ribs.  This program doesn't need a passing qb to come in 3rd.  Ball control.  Keep it tight, everybody--the kicker, punter, qb, wrs.  Missed fg's, shanked punts, holding calls, unnecessary targeting, goal line fumbles--cool.  You name it--everybody tight means we got a ballgame that we can have a shot of winning in the final seconds.   

That was a wild ride

6 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I’ve talked to Charles a few times. Good guy

He really turned out to be a great guy.  

Not gonna lie I’m a huge fan of Casey.  Have followed him since early in his HS career.  I went to original Moore Hugh way back and Casey was at SouthMoore.  Total class act.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Not gonna lie I’m a huge fan of Casey.  Have followed him since early in his HS career.  I went to original Moore Hugh way back and Casey was at SouthMoore.  Total class act.  

That's how I was with AP. Didn't care if he was a sooner, he was a good dude to watch play. If you ever get a chance, tell Charles we appreciate him being a real dad and letting his kid choose where he wanted to go, even if he transferred in the end. Sounds like a stand up guy. 

40 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

This rightchere man....

Yep, that throw was filthy good. For a guy getting his first extended reps the rusher and slight stumble probably actually helped. He didn't have time to think, just reset his feet and let it go so he wouldn't get sacked.

That's a natural talent type of play, now we just have to hope it doesn't get coached out of him and that he can stay confident and not think too much in the pocket.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I was up in Edmond for middle and high school. And that’s how I met Charles, through a friend of his that he ran around with when I worked at a bank. 

11 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

No doubt. I always forget his dad was ou's QB. How was his dad as a thrower?

Who knows lol.  Those were the wishbone days.  His old man really redeemed himself. Let’s just say that.  
Not that I want UT to have a star at QB but if it’s Casey, bring it on.  Was at the RRR a couple years ago and some OU fan was saying some personal shit to Casey.  That’s the only time I recall a vocal group of sooner fans tell someone to stop talking shit to a UT player.  

• Haha 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Who knows lol.  Those were the wishbone days.  His old man really redeemed himself. Let’s just say that.  
Not that I want UT to have a star at QB but if it’s Casey, bring it on.  Was at the RRR a couple years ago and some OU fan was saying some personal shit to Casey.  That’s the only time I recall a vocal group of sooner fans tell someone to stop talking shit to a UT player.  

That's pretty cool to hear. I hate when "fans" take shit personally just because a kid goes somewhere they dislike. It's like bro, it's a game. Calm down. 

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

That's pretty cool to hear. I hate when "fans" take shit personally just because a kid goes somewhere they dislike. It's like bro, it's a game. Calm down. 

Not only that it’s the players choice. He doesn’t owe the fans anything

• Hook 'Em 1