Casey Thompson

Tex Long

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Casey was a great Longhorn

Stop. No he wasn't. He was fine. He did what was asked of him and gutted this year out after being injured. I appreciate him not leaving us out to dry but ultimately it doesn't really make a shit. I guess he helped Worthy win some honors and kept us from losing 8 or 9 games. That's about it. 

There are too many great players that have put the pads on here to add Casey to the list. He was passable and had some nice moments.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Stop. No he wasn't. He was fine. He did what was asked of him and gutted this year out after being injured. I appreciate him not leaving us out to dry but ultimately it doesn't really make a shit. I guess he helped Worthy win some honors and kept us from losing 8 or 9 games. That's about it. 

There are too many great players that have put the pads on here to add Casey to the list. He was passable and had some nice moments.

Yeah. And even what you said about helping us not lose 8 or 9 games might not be right. We might have just been better off throwing card to the wolves and he might have gotten better. He had some upside to do that. 
I don’t think it would have gone down that way but as the clearly more talented player it could have. It’s not like we can hang a mission accomplished banner for Casey after he went 4-6 as a starter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Card is already out there at the ranch throwing at the broadside of the barn. He’s almost got it.

Shouldn't be too much longer before Sark explains to him that he really ought to move outside the barn to demostrate effective ball control.

I feel like you can be a great Longhorn without being a great player. Tyrone Swoopes probably has the utmost respect by the majority of the board for his attitude. He would be considered a great Longhorn. He was not a great player.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah. And even what you said about helping us not lose 8 or 9 games might not be right. We might have just been better off throwing card to the wolves and he might have gotten better. He had some upside to do that. 
I don’t think it would have gone down that way but as the clearly more talented player it could have. It’s not like we can hang a mission accomplished banner for Casey after he went 4-6 as a starter. 

mission-accomplished.gif

I thank Casey for his time as a Longhorn.  I was glad that a son of a Sooner came and played for Texas.  I also don’t think that he was ever Sarks’s guy.  If we are going to have a real Sark Machine, we need to have Sark’s QB driving it.

I wish Casey good success in the future and I hope he plays again and does well.  I wish him the best, but,

”Well Bye” gif

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Please don't post crap by that proven liar. 

I don't know how Thompson was. And neither does Nahlin. What I do know is Nahlin and his company paid money to Card in the offseason then started slamming Casey without disclosing the fact they're paying Card. That's horrendously unethical and anyone paying that trash is openly harming this program. 

I'll never believe a word Nahlin or any one at that company says, and neither should you. He could say water is wet and you'd still go get in the shower just to make sure.  

People created the narrative that he was biased. Sarkisian wasn't influenced by IT's reporting to decide who he thought was better. 

I believed the narrative the media was driving about Casey because he looked prepared, but I saw him doing the same dumb shit over and over again throughout the season which either spoke to someone who wasn't actually watching film or someone who was too dumb to understand why he was playing poorly.

He and his dad can go feel entitled elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, immamac said:

you think this team is "much worse" without him? This team lost to fucking Kansas at home dude. What exactly are you smoking? This was as bad as it could have possibly been.

UL - Win against a sunbelt team

Rice - Win against smart kids from good homes

Tech - Win against team who fired their coach

TCU - Win against team who fired their coach

KState - Win because Rojo pulled a Sam. 

I said the year not the team. The team was bad. I think it's simplistic to blame the QB to the extent some here do. Casey replaced the starting QB for the year.

Often due to points we scored, we were in a position to win those games we lost. But there's no room for including that in the analysis, is there?

It's not a hard concept. I'll drop this subject because I don't want to interfere with how some fans choose to enjoy the sport.

It's a free country. Live it up.

Edited by RomaVicta
Clarity.
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 12/17/2021 at 5:13 PM, ztejas said:

I hear he's actually got it down. The problem is it gets dark before he can get more than 2 or 3 balls off. 

To be fair, the winter solstice is almost here. That loss of daylight really hurts. 

3 hours ago, Tracer Bullet said:

3.  Worthy, Bijan, Roschon

~4. Schooler

Hair flying out of the frame for some nice hits. 

2 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

To be fair, the winter solstice is almost here. That loss of daylight really hurts. 

~4. Schooler

Hair flying out of the frame for some nice hits. 

Hell no on that last one.... Schooler had an opportunity to end the Kansas game but didn't make the play. He was the best of some bad options at S and did make strides as the season progressed, but cannot give him a pass.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, formermav43 said:

TIL some people on this board apparently don’t respect Tyrone Swoopes. 

Lmao I've just never read anyone here talk about how much they respect TS or how great he is. C'mon, it's fucking surly. Anyway, those teams would've murdered puppies to have CT playing QB.

On 12/17/2021 at 5:30 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Hope this isnt a big loss. He had arguably the 2nd best season by a UT QB in the past 12 years. Id stay and try to beat out Ewers, but thats just me

He can’t beat out Ewers. I’m not sure he could beat out Card or Murphy with more seasoning. Him leaving is a good thing for both parties. Lol at the 2nd best season in the past 12 years. 

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Dude chill. I was trying to be nice. 

Well you accomplished being nice. We don't have to sugarcoat anything here. This is Surly. I don't harbor any resentment towards Casey nor will I celebrate him at all. He was fine. That's it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I feel like you can be a great Longhorn without being a great player. Tyrone Swoopes probably has the utmost respect by the majority of the board for his attitude. He would be considered a great Longhorn. He was not a great player.

Swoopes was a terrible player. Thompson had more talent but both led in 5-7 years. If you want to label them great Longhorns, be my guest.  It’s amusing. 

Great post. 

29 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

He can’t beat out Ewers. I’m not sure he could beat out Card or Murphy with more seasoning. Him leaving is a good thing for both parties. Lol at the 2nd best season in the past 12 years. 

You don't think the guy who threw for over 2,100 yards and 24 TDs in only 8 full games, half of those with an injured throwing hand that could barely hang onto snaps, could beat out Card or MM?  Yeah, I have to disagree with you on that one.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, Shonen said:

Hell no on that last one.... Schooler had an opportunity to end the Kansas game but didn't make the play. He was the best of some bad options at S and did make strides as the season progressed, but cannot give him a pass.

I know this is the Thompson thread and the season is dead and buried, but how in TF was Schooler the best option at safety at the University of By God Texas? He was a average wide receiver last year. 

14 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I know this is the Thompson thread and the season is dead and buried, but how in TF was Schooler the best option at safety at the University of By God Texas? He was a average wide receiver last year. 

One of the great mysteries of our time ranking up there with Breckyn Hager starting at DE.

Edited by DFW Horn

9 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

You don't think the guy who threw for over 2,100 yards and 24 TDs in only 8 full games, half of those with an injured throwing hand that could barely hang onto snaps, could beat out Card or MM?  Yeah, I have to disagree with you on that one.

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. 

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

Dylan says hi

6TabjKr.gif

Frankly, the modern white safety at Texas is cursed. Doomed to at least one unforgettable mistake

Edited by B00M
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Arm strength does wonders. When you put a ball on a kid on a receiver screen, the faster you get it there, the more time it gives them to make a football move. Getting a ball on a receiver quickly on a route gives less time for the DB to recover and break it up. Arm strength opens up the playbook, and routes that break away to the wide side of the field have to be respected. Coaches like arm strength, and just because Card was the meltdown type doesn't mean MM will be. Shit, MM could turn out to be better than Ewers.

31 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. 

So what did I read incorrectly?  You really think Card would magically surpass Casey with some "more seasoning"?  It was Casey's first semi-full year...would he not have the opportunity to improve, too?  Sark thought Casey with half a hand was better than a healthy Card, so...

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

So what did I read incorrectly?  You really think Card would magically surpass Casey with some "more seasoning"?  It was Casey's first semi-full year...would he not have the opportunity to improve, too?  Sark thought Casey with half a hand was better than a healthy Card, so...

You didn’t read the words that I posted. Try again. 

11 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

5 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

You didn’t read the words that I posted. Try again. 

Why won't you just tell me what I misinterpreted?

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1

There was a brief period during 2020 and 2021 seasons where every Texas drive with Casey would go for a TD, or at least an FG. Casey had some great games. Unfortunately, he just threw a lot of interceptions at critical moments and just couldn't deliver when the opportunity presented itself to be a Longhorn great. That said, I wish the best to Casey, hoping he has a stellar career wherever he lands. Thanks for your contributions as a Longhorn, good bye and good luck \m/

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Why won't you just tell me what I misinterpreted?

The word “might”. I have no idea what would transpire. All I know is Casey isn’t the world beater a few here purport him to be.  If he were to stay, he’d be by far the lowest rated QB. And it’s pretty logical to say one of the two very highly rated 4 stars might surpass him on the depth chart with seasoning.

19 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

The word “might”. I have no idea what would transpire. All I know is Casey isn’t the world beater a few here purport him to be.  If he were to stay, he’d be by far the lowest rated QB. And it’s pretty logical to say one of the two very highly rated 4 stars might surpass him on the depth chart with seasoning.

Yes, and "might" indicates you have doubts that he could.  I said "You don't think the guy who threw for over 2,100 yards and 24 TDs in only 8 full games, half of those with an injured throwing hand that could barely hang onto snaps, could beat out Card or MM?", so there's absolutely nothing wrong with I said or a reading comprehension issue on my part.  At least two people got my point.  Also, "If he were to stay, he’d be by far the lowest rated QB"?  Come on, man.  He had a higher rating than Card last season, despite the fact that he was throwing 10 feet short and sailing the ball over WR's heads after the injury.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Haha 1

Y’all are all F’ed up for continuing this thread. Leave Casey alone. He chose us instead of OU sucks, so enough, even with Pops as an OU sucks guy!

Best of luck to him, wherever he decides to go! If it’s someone that we play next year, then we’ll just have to beat them/him. Close thread!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OU Sucks said:

Yes, and "might" indicates you have doubts that he could.  I said "You don't think the guy who threw for over 2,100 yards and 24 TDs in only 8 full games, half of those with an injured throwing hand that could barely hang onto snaps, could beat out Card or MM?", so there's absolutely nothing wrong with I said or a reading comprehension issue on my part.  At least two people got my point.  Also, "If he were to stay, he’d be by far the lowest rated QB"?  Come on, man.  He had a higher rating than Card last season, despite the fact that he was throwing 10 feet short and sailing the ball over WR's heads after the injury.

Of course I think CT could beat those two out. That’s why I used the word might. You and two others read too quickly and assumed what you wanted. 

10 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Of course I think CT could beat those two out. That’s why I used the word might. You and two others read too quickly and assumed what you wanted. 

You keep on saying "I said might", and then go on and definitively state "If he were to stay, he’d be by far the lowest rated QB", which is ridiculous.  The fact that Card somehow managed to spot KU 14 points in the span of 35 seconds should automatically disqualify him from your argument.

14 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

You keep on saying "I said might", and then go on and definitively state "If he were to stay, he’d be by far the lowest rated QB", which is ridiculous.  The fact that Card somehow managed to spot KU 14 points in the span of 35 seconds should automatically disqualify him from your argument.

PorteRex must be talking about recruiting ratings, as if that matters now. Jevan Snead was a 0.98 4-star... Colt was a 0.86 3-Star... CT was a scrub 0.90 4-star... Hudson Card a 0.97 4-star... Tyrone Swoops was a 0.92 4-star... Case McCoy was a 0.87 3-Star... Point is unless they're the rare 1.000 rated QB, these are a crapshoot and meaningless once the competition starts.

• Hook 'Em 1