Casey Thompson

Tex Long

43 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Fuck Casey Thompson, anyone talking in good faith of him can fuck off. Dude threatened to portal/cleaned out his locker multiple times and fed that bullshit to Brian Jones. Fuck fake ass Casey, fuck his father, and fuck you for supporting that bullshit.

Who shit and in your cereal

2 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Still think it's a bit foolish to think Ewers will be lights out from day 1. Colt threw 18 interceptions as a young qb. The pitchforks were out for Gilbert and now he's been hanging around the NFL for a bit. Can't imagine the fan base being reasonable when Ewers has some ups and downs.

We don't need a QB savior.  We need a lights fucking out running game to give Ewars time to develop and take pressure off him.  See what's going on with Dak.  Two-deep safety coverage and limited blitzing are giving him fits.  Being able to run the ball negates all that.  This O-line class needs to show up 

3 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I suppose I’ll get reprimanded for this, but an aggie questioning whether a player that gave years to the program (whether patiently or impatiently) is a true Longhorn or not is pretty amusing. Then again, you think someone rolling coal into a whataburger is just good fun. emoji2371.png

excuse me? 

13 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

We don't need a QB savior.  We need a lights fucking out running game to give Ewars time to develop and take pressure off him.  See what's going on with Dak.  Two-deep safety coverage and limited blitzing are giving him fits.  Being able to run the ball negates all that.  This O-line class needs to show up 

Freshmen O-Line rarely make a difference in Year 1. We'd better hope Banks is different unless we get a quality, pass-blocking LT in the portal. Neither Karic nor Jones got it done this past season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

Freshmen O-Line rarely make a difference in Year 1. We'd better hope Banks is different unless we get a quality, pass-blocking LT in the portal. Neither Karic nor Jones got it done this past season. 

Of course, but I'd love to see some of these guys get reps during games to accelerate their learning curve.  Mack's teams always had great running options over the years and it was such a blessing 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The dude and his father literally fed that racist shit to Brian Jones. FUCK HIM AND HIS FELON FATHER! 

Not many people on the team like him and majority think he's a fake.

Maybe so, but shitting on a kid isn't going to solve anything.  I wish him the best

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

None whatsoever.  The coaches at tOSU didn't work much with the two new freshmen.  And the season didn't go as they hoped, so after the season started, they spent most of practice working with the first squad.  Ewers spent the season playing QB for the scout team while the other freshman qb sat on pine,  pulling his pud.

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I'm so fucking tired of this fanbase. 

We truly are a cesspool as we shit on CT on his way out for giving it his all and playing injured most of the year. 

Just fucking move on, y'all.  Quit being aggys and shitting on him as he leaves. 

Is QB winning? If yes, heap praise

Is QB no longer winning? If yes, trash said QB

Thats basically it. There's nothing a bunch of middle age men hate worse than not being able to brag about their alma maters football team. And if a player has a hand in preventing that team from winning, they should be treated as the trash that they are.

I have no way of knowing If Ewers will pan out or not, but if he doesn't the shit said about him will make what was said about Gilbert seem tame. And some of the animosity I read towards the end of Gilberts time in Austin was f'n embarrassing.  And with top QB's getting million dollar NIL deals, its only going to get worse.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

There are many on this board who hate Garrett Gilbert, and to a lesser extent Chris Simms, like he deflowered their daughters then shit on their raised bed urban gardens. They came here, played hard, both in spite of flawed coaching system by Greg Davis. Gilbert was more system trained and less adaptable than Simms, and had less supporting talent around him in 2010-2011. Things might start out ugly early for Quinn and many will label him a Simms/Gilbert bust and root against him as soon as the next lunch pail dude comes in and wins a gutsy game against West Virginia. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

There are many on this board who hate Garrett Gilbert, and to a lesser extent Chris Simms, like he deflowered their daughters then shit on their raised bed urban gardens. They came here, played hard, both in spite of flawed coaching system by Greg Davis. Gilbert was more system trained and less adaptable than Simms, and had less supporting talent around him in 2010-2011. Things might start out ugly early for Quinn and many will label him a Simms/Gilbert bust and root against him as soon as the next lunch pail dude comes in and wins a gutsy game against West Virginia. 

I don't blame the players, i blame fat Mack and his recruiting fuckups for chasing stars and not talent.  How many Heisman QB's were in our backyard over those fateful years?

Same for Simms.  I was there at the Big12 Championship when they announced had Texas won, we're in the dance.  The place was electric!  Then Simms shit the bed and Mack kept him out there to flounder.  

Or going with Simms over Major.  I was also there at the Cotton Bowl that freezing ass morning when Opie got both his knees shredded, giving Mack the out to start his golden boy that next season.

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

I don't blame the players, i blame fat Mack and his recruiting fuckups for chasing stars and not talent.  How many Heisman QB's were in our backyard over those fateful years?

I also blame Mack for panicking after the loss to Bama and trying to fucking change his offense in one offseason to a) a system GDGD had little experience coaching or scheming, b) a system Gilbert had never played in and c) a system that we didn't have the OL and RBs to run. 

What a colossal fuckup. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I blame Mack too, but not for his QB recruiting. During the Simms era, I don’t recall any championship or Heisman QBs from the area we passed on. During Gilbert’s time, RG3 was it but he got offered by hardly anyone (UH with Briles then flipped to Baylor with him).  Manziel was a couple years later. He did “chase stars” on a kid from Madison that turned out alright. Are you saying Sark was wrong to “chase stars” on Ewer?

Just now, Murfdogg21 said:

I blame Mack too, but not for his QB recruiting. During the Simms era, I don’t recall any championship or Heisman QBs from the area we passed on. During Gilbert’s time, RG3 was it but he got offered by hardly anyone (UH with Briles then flipped to Baylor with him).  Manziel was a couple years later. He did “chase stars” on a kid from Madison that turned out alright. Are you saying Sark was wrong to “chase stars” on Ewer?

No, stars on players that as pointed out earlier, were a bad fit for the type of offense he was trying to implement.  He got lazy and seemingly did little in the way of evaluations and relied on the recruiting agencies to do it for him.  

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

We truly are a cesspool as we shit on CT on his way out for giving it his all and playing injured most of the year. 

Just fucking move on, y'all.  Quit being aggys and shitting on him as he leaves. 

You know what a cesspool is? When you hold your HC hostage but threatening to transfer a week before the season opener, forcing the coach to change his public plan of only playing one QB. A cesspool is when your dad releases pictures of your swollen thumb after the season to try to justify your poor play. A cesspool is when your dad cries to Brian Jones about race playing a role in the QB room even though the coach benched the white QB.

I don't wish him bad or anything, but Casey Thompson and his father were a cesspool in this program. We talk about wanting to have a strong culture. Well, the culture got stronger Friday when he put his name into the portal. This program got better on multiple levels.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

You know what a cesspool is? When you hold your HC hostage but threatening to transfer a week before the season opener, forcing the coach to change his public plan of only playing one QB. A cesspool is when your dad releases pictures of your swollen thumb after the season to try to justify your poor play. A cesspool is when your dad cries to Brian Jones about race playing a role in the QB room even though the coach benched the white QB.

I don't wish him bad or anything, but Casey Thompson and his father were a cesspool in this program. We talk about wanting to have a strong culture. Well, the culture got stronger Friday when he put his name into the portal. This program got better on multiple levels.

Say It Loud For The Folks In Overflow GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

While I think some players are better than others, sitting on a message board shitting on these guys isn’t my place.  Even the worst contributor on the team did more to try and help the Longhorns win that I did.  Like most on here, I sit on my ass on the couch drinking beer during the games.  Am I a passionate fan?  Sure!  But I don’t make the sacrifices like the players do to try and make Texas football successful.  I’m pretty much good with any kid that decides to come to Texas over the other football programs.  I agree that we need to get the best guys on the field and I would like to see a Texas team full of stone cold killers, but I leave the player evaluation to Sark and co and I appreciate the players for what they are.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Mack was a genius for recruiting Tyrone Swoopes with that stellar 1-9 HS senior year record after not offering JT Barrett for the 2013 class.

• Rage+1 4

7 hours ago, Eggo said:

What makes you think Ewers can't handle pressure, scramble, or improv? 

I know you weren't referring to me, but...

Until I see it, I don't think any QB can do it. I'm Missouri as fuck on QBs ability to be great behind even an average OL.

I said it about Card before he played a down.  I said it about Heard. I said it about GG. I didn't say it about Colt, because I thought he had a better OL than he actually had. I said it about Chance Mock.

So guess who is up now...  Ewers and Murphy... Show me the plays they make when things break down. Show me they don't fold when they go 3 and out two or three times. Show me they elevate the OL when the OL is tripping over their own dicks.

Or just show me they're good enough to drive the bus and not put it in the ditch when the rest of the team is jumping around in the seats like 8th graders high on Mountain Dew and Skittles.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

I also blame Mack for panicking after the loss to Bama and trying to fucking change his offense in one offseason to a) a system GDGD had little experience coaching or scheming, b) a system Gilbert had never played in and c) a system that we didn't have the OL and RBs to run. 

What a colossal fuckup. 

This. Right. Here.

I think it was time for Greg Davis to go.  But his firing was also a bit of scapegoating for Mack Brown, who scrapped his spread offense and shoved a run-oriented, Alabama-wannabe offense down GD's throat.  I remember watching our new offense in the 2010 Spring game and our plays were largely running backs running repeatedly into our offensive line for anywhere between 0-3 yards.  I looked over at my dad and said, "Oooh boy."

I don't know how much better Gilbert and the rest of the team would've fared in 2010 if Mack let Greg run the same offense he had during the Colt years.  But I bet our record would've been better than 5-7.

Edited by South Austin
  • Rage+1 2

21 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Mack was a genius for recruiting Tyrone Swoopes with that stellar 1-9 HS senior year record after not offering JT Barrett for the 2013 class.

Yeah, that was terrible, but not “star chasing” and not concurrent with Gilbert’s recruitment. Mack sucked a lot. My original point is that our fan base is quick to grab torches and pitchforks when 5 star QBs throw a few picks. Texas shouldn’t be scared to go after them, but the fans can’t expect a savior as an underclassman. 

I think we should expect growing pains with Ewers next year, especially early in the year.

I think the OL might be marginally better.

We still need more than one consistent WR to appear.

Also, Bama is game No. 2 on the schedule.

We should have pretty modest expectations for the QB position next year.

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

What's the source on all of that?  IT?  Who gives a fuck if his dad releases a pic of his swollen hand.  Seriously?  Who cares if they begged for playing time, like any competitor wants?  None of that shit caused our defense to give up half a hundred points to fucking Kansas.  He played half the season in pain and gave it all, and that's enough to get my respect.  Seriously, y'all are whining about a player who has a helicopter dad and wanted playing time, like that was even remotely close to the top reasons our team sucked this year.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

What's the source on all of that?  IT?  Who gives a fuck if his dad releases a pic of his swollen hand.  Seriously?  Who cares if they begged for playing time, like any competitor wants?  None of that shit caused our defense to give up half a hundred points to fucking Kansas.  He played half the season in pain and gave it all, and that's enough to get my respect.  Seriously, y'all are whining about a player who has a helicopter dad and wanted playing time, like that was even remotely close to the top reasons our team sucked this year.

"Much respect to him! He was a baller and a leader!"

After learning some actual facts...

"Who gives a shit if he was a terrible leader?"

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

forcing the coach to change his public plan of only playing one QB.

Lol you think card wouldn’t have been hammered shit if Sark had never played Casey? And the thumb issue was real. If Card hadn’t sucked so fucking bad CT would have been able to sit and heal. GTFO with that shit. We will only be better if Ewers is the real thing and they can find some OL who can give him more than 1.5 sec to get the ball out. 

29 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I wish he was just whining for playing time. He cleaned out his lock THREE different times during his Texas career. And no my source is not IT. I know a player on the team. I don’t need those facts to verified by 9.95ers to know it’s true.

He was fake. Not one member of the team lost a minute of sleep Friday night after this news. He was not respected. The defense (our defense, the worst defense in school history) nicknamed him QB2 halfway through fall camp because he was playing so poorly. He routinely showed up late to team functions or didn’t show up at all. He did not handle criticism well. He hated being corrected by Milwee and Sark.

When you walk into a coaches office 7 days before the season opener threatening to transfer if you aren’t given playing time, that isn’t being a competitor. That’s being a joke of a teammate and a cancer. When you walk back into that coaches office 2 days after a season opening win and complain about the lack of passes called while you were on the field in the season opener, that’s being a joke of a teammate and a cancer. When your dad goes to a media member and tells him coaches are playing players based on their race, that isn’t being a helicopter dad, that’s called being the biggest issue in todays society. 

But please, by all all means, continue to praise the kid.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Lol you think card wouldn’t have been hammered shit if Sark had never played Casey? And the thumb issue was real. If Card hadn’t sucked so fucking bad CT would have been able to sit and heal. GTFO with that shit. We will only be better if Ewers is the real thing and they can find some OL who can give him more than 1.5 sec to get the ball out. 

What???? You aren’t even understanding what I wrote.

2 weeks before the season opener Sark says he is going to have a starter and a backup. The starter will play all meaningful snaps and the backup will come in during normal backup situations. Then 7 days later he says Card is the starter but now all of a sudden he changes his tone and says Casey is going to play and he’s going to find a way to get him in the game….

I wonder why he had the change of heart?

We are all able to follow breadcrumbs I hope.

Edited by Hookem2147

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

What???? You aren’t even understanding what was written.

2 weeks before the season opener Sark says he is going to have a starter and a backup. The starter will play all meaningful snaps and the backup will come in during normal backup situations. Then 7 days later he says Card is the starter but now all of a sudden he changes his tone and says Casey is going to play and he’s going to find a way to get him in the game….

I wonder why he had the change of heart?

We are all able to follow breadcrumbs I hope.

Who gives a shit? Card fucking sucked. Casey was going to be playing either way. I guess in your opinion he should have kept his mouth shut and his head down but that isn’t how it works these days. 

• Hook 'Em 2

If he wasn't a good leader (and I don't know enough to claim one way or the other) that's kind of a massive fucking issue right up there with how bad the defense was. Leadership at the QB position is on a short list of absolute must-haves to be a championship football team. If the team doesn't believe in or respect the starting QB then you're fucked before you even back out of the driveway. 

Again - not claiming one way or the other about Casey - but writing that off is absurd. Good QBs are basically another member of the coaching staff. 

(LHN commercial voice)
“In 2020, he led Texas to the most memorable Alamo Bowl win in program history. He followed up his strong performance by threatening to transfer the following offseason before taking over as the starter and leading the Longhorns to a historic 5-7 season. But what he and his dad are most famous for is playing the media and Texas fanbase like a fiddle.

Casey Thompson- he’s a Longhorn legend”

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

If he was such a cancer it’s no wonder the wheels came off this season as badly as they did. It’s quite telling that you had a guy like Xavier Worthy actively recruiting Ewers by having Instagram Lives with him and changing his profile pic to Quinn before Casey entered the portal. That’s as publicly telling as anything that the team had no respect for Casey. We’ll be better off not having people like him souring the locker room by threatening to transfer constantly. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

(LHN commercial voice)
“In 2020, he led Texas to the most memorable Alamo Bowl win in program history. He followed up his strong performance by threatening to transfer the following offseason before taking over as the starter and leading the Longhorns to a historic 5-7 season. But what he and his dad are most famous for is playing the media and Texas fanbase like a fiddle.

Casey Thompson- he’s a Longhorn legend”

If only he wasn’t the best option at QB with a Mickey Mouse thumb on his throwing hand

Or do you think he was only playing bc Sark was terrified he’d transfer?

Edited by Sawbonz

19 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I wish he was just whining for playing time. He cleaned out his lock THREE different times during his Texas career. And no my source is not IT. I know a player on the team. I don’t need those facts to verified by 9.95ers to know it’s true.

He was fake. Not one member of the team lost a minute of sleep Friday night after this news. He was not respected. The defense (our defense, the worst defense in school history) nicknamed him QB2 halfway through fall camp because he was playing so poorly. He routinely showed up late to team functions or didn’t show up at all. He did not handle criticism well. He hated being corrected by Milwee and Sark.

When you walk into a coaches office 7 days before the season opener threatening to transfer if you aren’t given playing time, that isn’t being a competitor. That’s being a joke of a teammate and a cancer. When you walk back into that coaches office 2 days after a season opening win and complain about the lack of passes called while you were on the field in the season opener, that’s being a joke of a teammate and a cancer. When your dad goes to a media member and tells him coaches are playing players based on their race, that isn’t being a helicopter dad, that’s called being the biggest issue in todays society. 

But please, by all all means, continue to praise the kid.

Great, he could have cleaned his locked out 50 times during his career, but he stuck at Texas, played when called upon, and then played in pain for months.  So, the defense, who wouldn't be able to stop Bishop Sycamore, thought he was playing poorly.  That's rich.  They also laughed it up after losing, then recorded Bo yelling at them.  But yeah, trust their judgment and culture.  I have news for you.  None of that made our team shit the bed week in and week out.  You can act like Casey and his dad were a cancer, and them being gone will mark a seismic shift in our culture, but the truth is having an OL that can actually protect the QB and having a DL that can actually get to the opposing QB will shift the culture, because that's what we need to win and winning cures everything.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3