$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ooooo media fight

(seriously, I don't get calling recruiting sites vultures, they're just covering a different aspect of the same sport)

I think I figured out why they barred Roach ... 

image.thumb.png.3f01ddf8b7e997fe8fe83bfd9b00f816.png

🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ooooo media fight

(seriously, I don't get calling recruiting sites vultures, they're just covering a different aspect of the same sport)

Recruiting sites do tend to be way less professional than most traditional media, but they also spend way more resources covering HS football these days. Newspapers and the like ain’t spending much to cover HS sports like they used to. These school districts need to modernize and adapt if they give a damn about the kids.

16 hours ago, Getafix said:

I think I figured out why they barred Roach ... 

image.thumb.png.3f01ddf8b7e997fe8fe83bfd9b00f816.png

🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  

Thin the Sideline???

Fat Roach.PNG

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Noted man of integrity and Holocaust historian Fat Geoff strikes back

He just set up Gerry, all Gerry has to do now is fire back with “funny you should mention golf, we ever figure out where all that golf tourney money went?”

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

On today's episode of "Chip Brown is a fucking moron," Chip's feature story of the day is about Brock Purdy and Iowa State being successful if Purdy can "get out of his own head."

Yes, on the day before the season opener, featuring a new coach, an upgraded stadium, a move to the SEC on the horizon, and a multitude of other compelling topics to write about, FCB releases an article pimping conference foes.

Now, to make you smile:

It got down-voted into oblivion - literally. The reception was so bad that Brown took it/was forced to take it down.

Everybody say it with me: FUCK CHIP BROWN! 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 7

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

How much is Inside Texas paying the back-up QB for their NIL deal?

I don't know, but I can tell you that if you have a problem with players getting paid through NIL, it's time to go start following the Patriot League or the Ivy League conferences.

Players getting paid at Texas is a good thing. Like every other program, it's going to be hit or miss on the big roles and where the money goes. Ultimately, simply being a QB on the roster at places like Texas is going be a 6 figure gig, starting at the freshman level. One guy will start, and then uninformed assholes can mock the people and businesses putting the effort and capital out there to also pay the back-ups.

Quinn Ewers is going to be the first $1million transfer if Stroud continues to put up big numbers and play well. We can all laugh heartily and gloat if such a thing occurs. Eventually, though, it will also be our turn. 

I

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

IT has sources?  Wow Nahlin is a mess, blaming the coaches already?

It's funny to see Ian and Nahlin both jump through hoops given they put all their eggs in the Card basket.....Nothing against Card at all with saying that just a shot at IT. Especially with Ian Boyd going full retard on Twitter about the QB change. How do you not expect people to perceive you as unbiased. How immediate that NIL deal announced was also an indicator.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's funny to see Ian and Nahlin both jump through hoops given they put all their eggs in the Card basket.....Nothing against Card at all with saying that just a shot at IT. Especially with Ian Boyd going full retard on Twitter about the QB change. How do you not expect people to perceive you as unbiased. How immediate that NIL deal announced was also an indicator.

Didn't they sit on that deal for close to a month while the qb competition was going on before announcing it, or am I misremembering or misreading something? 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

And this isn't just "oh IT has a deal with Card, they must be biased."  There were discussions on this board about how slanted their coverage of the QB battle seemed, how many factual errors they made in their coverage of scrimmages that all benefitted Card, etc.... and that was weeks before the NIL announcement was made.  The partnership just provided some clarity.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

And this isn't just "oh IT has a deal with Card, they must be biased."  There were discussions on this board about how slanted their coverage of the QB battle seemed, how many factual errors they made in their coverage of scrimmages that all benefitted Card, etc.... and that was weeks before the NIL announcement was made.  The partnership just provided some clarity.

tbh it probably wouldn't have looked as bad if they would have sat on it for another week but it was announced within hours of the Card announcement.

38 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They’re protecting two Investments : card and their website.  They got pwned during the coaching search and even in recruiting.   Why not just sponsor the QB room.   And now, they’re bitching at sark?

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

They’re protecting two Investments : card and their website.  They got pwned during the coaching search and even in recruiting.   Why not just sponsor the QB room.   And now, they’re bitching at sark?

Weren’t they the ones who were trying to talk up the potential Kubiak hire? In particular Boyd and Nahlin? I’ve taken a lot of their bs with a grain of salt since the coaching search. Now they’re just being whiney bitches because their NIL deal with Card may turn out to be a waste.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GTX Horn said:

Weren’t they the ones who were trying to talk up the potential Kubiak hire? In particular Boyd and Nahlin? I’ve taken a lot of their bs with a grain of salt since the coaching search. Now they’re just being whiney bitches because their NIL deal with Card may turn out to be a waste.

Yeah, and I think they hinted Brian Kelly was close.  Then Sark was announced by TFB and Chip

The take on the IT/Card situation around here is so weird. For a month the surly thought was that IT was full of shit and Card wasn't winning the battle and wasn't going to be named the starter. Turns out IT was 100% correct about that the entire time. They knew Card was going to be named the starter so they signed him to an NIL deal.

But now surly is still claiming that their reporting during camp that Card was going to be named the starter was biased because of the deal? Lots of people around here have cause and effect completely flipped in their heads. This doesn't have anything to do with their other issues and how they've handled reporting on the change this week, but some of y'all seem really silly about all of this. They were right about the competition, that's why they signed Card, now they're struggling with his benching. You can't still also claim that they were making up the reports on Card being the leader during camp.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The take on the IT/Card situation around here is so weird. For a month the surly thought was that IT was full of shit and Card wasn't winning the battle and wasn't going to be named the starter. Turns out IT was 100% correct about that the entire time. They knew Card was going to be named the starter so they signed him to an NIL deal.

But now surly is still claiming that their reporting during camp that Card was going to be named the starter was biased because of the deal? Lots of people around here have cause and effect completely flipped in their heads. This doesn't have anything to do with their other issues and how they've handled reporting on the change this week, but some of y'all seem really silly about all of this. They were right about the competition, that's why they signed Card, now they're struggling with his benching. You can't still also claim that they were making up the reports on Card being the leader during camp.

It is pure idiocy on this board when it comes to $9.95ers. There's a constant drumbeat of "IT/Orangebloods/Bohls/247/Rivals/whatever fucking idiot Ebberts' site is/ESPN doesn't know shit" and then their content/tweets are posted, read, debated, disputed, or heralded, depending upon what people want to hear. Either you don't think they have anything to offer, so skip the commentary on them and we'll note it, or come to terms with the remedial fact that covering this stuff is more art than science, and therefore various entities are going to be hit and miss, so amalgamate data from whichever sources you think know a thing or two and toss out the rest. 

The problem for IT or anyone else isn't that they were wrong about Card being the starter. The problem is that either candidate to be a starter is a fucking JAG. There's no reason anyone should be jazzed about Thompson taking the reins. Is he better than Card right now? I think so, personally. That's a low bar though. Thompson is allegedly lazy in the film room and missed meetings during the summer. Card can't keep his shit together against an angry opponent in a hostile environment. They both have miscellaneous deficiencies in their tool kits. They both have physical limitations too. They're JAGs. 

I have been hearing since last year during the Herman 2020 season that Card was going to be the man. I mean, I've had people getting angry with me about the subject when I pushed back about him being anything special. That view continued this spring and into the summer. Folks around the new staff never varied about Card eventually being the starter to open the season. Apparently, he's an excellent QB in practice. Good for him. I haven't seen anything in a game that makes me think "this is the guy for 3 or 4 years, leading Texas to the playoffs."

I stayed away from the QB discussion the entire time, even with people speaking with certitude offline. It's seemed like a pointless debate. Two mediocre QBs biding time inside the program until the program can find a better answer. I hope the defense and running backs can cover for Richard Walton 2.0. Prognosis is negative on those fronts so far, however.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1