$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

Gotta cross-post --  Thx for this @Horn Dog

Hilarious... 😋 

Pelini:  "They f---king lied. That was a screw job," he said. "They wanted Texas to go to the National Championship game. Let's face it. They wanted to make sure that a team from the Big 12 went.

"We won the game. The game was over."

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Gotta cross-post --  Thx for this @Horn Dog

Hilarious... 😋 

Pelini:  "They f---king lied. That was a screw job," he said. "They wanted Texas to go to the National Championship game. Let's face it. They wanted to make sure that a team from the Big 12 went.

"We won the game. The game was over."

Lmao...penisnose is still butthurt! Who's the cuck in the hat talking nonsense?  

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Cool, cool. Ian Boyd has joined the club of furiously masturbating substackers. 

you know i was curious what the topic would be but holy shit this is amazing, even for Ian Boyd.

7uXWor8q?format=jpg&name=small

4 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Very difficult to address my thoughts on this without CR so I'll just say lol.

he handled it poorly all the way around. when i posted it before he had not updated what it was about and had not seeded his feed at all.

now he has this, which doesn't really say much: https://americaswargame.substack.com/p/welcome-to-americas-war-game?s=w

Now, like the Texas Longhorns administration, I’ve decided it’s time to take my perspectives and approach to chronicling the game beyond the Big 12. What was once a scattered approach on Football Study Hall I’m making a more careful examination of the game here. We’ll talk about the big National teams everyone watches (SEC and Big 10 aplenty), and we’ll also look at some interesting trends cropping up amongst the smaller ones. We’ll climb up into the NFL and down to high school ball from time to time, chronicling how America’s War Game is evolving as the different levels influence each other.

America’s War Game is going to be a blog for people who deeply appreciate the game of football, love thinking about it, and crave deeper insights and topics than you’ll easily find from traditional coverage.

After years of reading and writing, I’m going to put together what I’ve learned about the game here in a series of essays over the offseason on the nature and history of the modern game and then we’ll cover the season from that backdrop.

so basically he is just going to post some Ian Boyd-isms about football overall?

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

he handled it poorly all the way around. when i posted it before he had not updated what it was about and had not seeded his feed at all.

now he has this, which doesn't really say much: https://americaswargame.substack.com/p/welcome-to-americas-war-game?s=w

so basically he is just going to post some Ian Boyd-isms about football overall?

He wrote a book on the history of Big 12 football and how it evolved the game, so I imagine this will just expand on that kind of theme. Sounds like long-form blogging about philosophical trends in the X’s & O’s of the game. 

27 minutes ago, NoName said:

Well, here’s a dirty secret. My job at the Medical Center of Plano ON3 wa isn’t really a job. I have d perhaps two hours of real work to do in a given 12-hour shift. I ’d spend the rest of my shift surfing the internet and trying to at least appear to be helpful and productive insightful in the event anyone actually needed something I could do or thought to ask “do we even need this Ian guy?” It was pretty stressful despite being as easy and ridiculous a gig as you can imagine.

People are still asking "do we even need this Ian guy?", and the answer is pretty much a resounding "No".

4 hours ago, NoName said:

I mean, again, I'm gonna just say that "America's War Game" is saying a lot that he didn't need to explain otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Sure, but you swam in college and likely aren't 80 lbs + over an "acceptable" weight.  This is his daily bread.

Really, @texifornia? You too? I swam in college also!

I mean, not competitively or anything. And maybe not “swam” per se. More like floated. In pools and lakes and rivers. Using inner tubes and other flotation devices. While I drank beer. 

Anyway, small world… 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I hope you're right, but I heard something similar very recently. I don't know what's real and what's bullshit at this point, though. There are plenty of reasons for the brass to be misleading on this stuff until they know everything is ironed out exactly.

wouldn't that reduce payouts next year? seems like texas wouldn't be okay with taking less money.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

wouldn't that reduce payouts next year? seems like texas wouldn't be okay with taking less money.

I find the nuance associated to all of this to be tedious. Tell me the fucking date we're leaving, tell me how scheduling is going to go, and let's go. Until then, I don't give one shit about speculative details. I can simple state that people who deal with people at the tip top of this thing are being told "2024" lately.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

We were yelling it in the early 70s. No one I know ever associated it with Arkansas. It was mostly about the student body being excited to yell profanity about the opponent, and shock the rest of the fan base who most definitely did not approve.

It seems like a really dumb question, to me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Another Justin Wells sunshine-pumpin' special -  "oh my GOD guys everything is so AMAZING and Texas is on the cusp of becoming Alabama!" 

In his defense, it's not like negativity sells. In some cases it does. The news? Awesome. Sports teams? Not so much. As human beings we're geared to love drama. No one wants to hear how many planes landed safely. But when we have a rooting interest, as an aggregate, we prefer hope/hype over realism/cynicism. 

It's different on this site, because we're not paying for it. But even here, the daily click rate would increase over time if the team was doing well - although it does increase for the short term when things go really badly, or there's other kinds of drama (e.g. coaching change).