$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

How much more time will Manning give him? He’s not getting fired before three years regardless, but if he has two more losing seasons, does anyone actually think he’s back for a 4th, Manning or no Manning? Heck, he has a decent year this year and then goes 5-7 he’s still gone. 

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Aug 10th

One time fsu commit. I’d just like to point out to anyone who thinks our 9.95ers are the worst that those guys (Elliott is fine) have had two colossal fuck ups in the past 9 months. They had absolutely no idea a flip was even possible with #1 player Travis Hunter (slightly understandable), then announced a 5-star transfer commit from uga (Texas reached out too) when it hadn’t happened, got called out on it (including the player himself refuting the report), and doubled down (I want to say the quote was “the papers are signed”)..the guy returned to uga.

More recently, they were playing up the idea that the staff let their longtime ‘23 qb commit (once was JQJ’s backup @ duncanville) walk because they were about to land another (better) qb…two weeks later that other qb commits to tosu. Now it looks like they might not take a qb in this cycle.

So, while some people were apoplectic after Hill chose a&m and Gullette missed his visit to austin, I was reminded that things could be much, much worse. I’m not defending all the Texas guys, and I know there were some dumb reports last cycle, but the incompetence serving some of the other fan bases is shocking. I’ve been following Bobby’s and Gerry’s work for a long time and I don’t think it is a stretch to say that they are two of the best in the industry. Texas is fortunate to have them and some of the others covering this stuff.

Anyway, speaking of Bobby, I can’t be the only person that thinks he looks exactly like what a grown up Bobby Hill would look like in real life, right?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Rivals has TJ Shanahan as the top player in the state.

In Ketch defense.. He disagrees with that too.. He has him ranked much further down the list in his personal rankings.. Dunlap came out last week, double downed on TJ being the best OL prospect in the state 

11 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

In Ketch defense.. He disagrees with that too.. He has him ranked much further down the list in his personal rankings.. Dunlap came out last week, double downed on TJ being the best OL prospect in the state 

Ketch has him as the #16 player in the state in the LSR

https://n.rivals.com/ranks/4646

image.png.43577330aaefc76d983bc38bf9c162f2.png

image.png.bf88c021852068f6eaeea26b804a98b5.png

in what is really strange based on him shitting on on3 for having Brooks so low (#10 in Texas) but he has Brooks at #28?

58 minutes ago, Viper said:

I love that Gerry isn't above getting some jabs in at OB. It's fine that Burton plays the mature adult above the petty insults, but that's not the surly way. 

Bobby is a little more subtle in his approach...

How about a round of applause for Gerry Hamilton?

We’re not ones to typically pat each other on the back here at IT, but Gerry was in Florida all week long, going from the west coast of the state over to the east and then finishing in the middle in Orlando last night, all in an effort to bring Longhorn fans the best recruiting coverage possible of all the players Texas is recruiting in the Sunshine State.

He outdid himself in those efforts IMO.

But Gerry didn’t stop there.

He traveled over night in order to get to this morning’s practice of Arch Manning in New Orleans. It’s the first Newman practice any Texas media outlet has attended since Manning became a Texas pledge.

Gerry’s not just showing dedication to his craft, he’s going above and beyond, providing valued information to the many subscribers and members of IT.

I can’t tell you how impressive it is to me personally and to his coworkers here at IT. Our hats are off to GH.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, NoName said:

Ketch has him as the #16 player in the state in the LSR

https://n.rivals.com/ranks/4646

image.png.43577330aaefc76d983bc38bf9c162f2.png

image.png.bf88c021852068f6eaeea26b804a98b5.png

in what is really strange based on him shitting on on3 for having Brooks so low (#10 in Texas) but he has Brooks at #28?

I think for the most part, his list is good.  

*Takes shower to get off the slimy stench"

On 8/11/2022 at 8:57 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby is a little more subtle in his approach...

He’s been doing this for 30 years. Same thing. He’s tireless, really. And he drives the speed limit. In the passing lane. I’m not even kidding. 

Meanwhile people like Ketchum and Burton only watch film. It’s not the same. 

My big problem is that with the combine type events, that’s colored everyone’s perceptions. 

What’s crazy to me is he ends up being one of the best basketball guys in the country almost as a hobby. 

In which Ian Boyd compares his part-time job as a worship pastor to coaching a college football team.

One complaint I routinely see levied at coaches I’ve become particularly unsympathetic toward is the “why didn’t you play the star rookie/freshman sooner?” Mack Brown was famously lambasted for not playing freshman running back Cedric Benson during the 2001 season until AFTER the offense had been absolutely crushed in 14-3 loss to the rival Oklahoma Sooners in the Red River Shootout.

His reasoning, “well, he didn’t know our pass protections yet.” How many times have you heard that complaint about a young running back who doesn’t see the field regularly? The typical fan might retort:

•     He’s your best player! It’s your job to teach him what he needs to know to see the field or else to adjust the offense so it’s not a problem!
  •     Put him on the field at times when you don’t need him to protect the quarterback!
  •     Well we lost the game when we didn’t block Roy Williams on a safety blitz so you might as well have played him!

All reasonable, but they all point to a sinister problem facing the head coach. If you develop a clearly talented player and then put them on the field, you’ll immediately invite critiques about why their talent wasn’t seen earlier, particularly if you’re losing.

I’ve had a number of supremely talented people serve with me on the worship team, often with singing or instrumentation talent that clearly exceeds my own. As a “player coach” I’ve faced a couple of challenges myself in incorporating their abilities within the team/band concept. One challenge is that I routinely “must decrease so they can increase.” I’ve been aided in that sacrificial journey by having to understand my full-time role within the team as essentially playing point guard, often for my own wife who’s the brilliant scoring forward who can dominate games on offense if the rest of us will just play our roles. Once you accept that role for one teammate, it’s not as hard to do so for others.

Edited by satyanash
  • Haha 1