$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

40 minutes ago, TXRed said:

Georgia being told to cancel their 23 OOC game with ou seems promising. 

Sure seems that way. I asked someone last Friday about when the SEC move was looking like it was going to happen. Was it going to be 2024 or had the Big 12 negotiating window acceleration inadvertently tipped everyone's hand that 2023 was still seriously in play. His response on Friday was "everyone is trying to get 2023 done, but it would have to happen really quickly at this point." Maybe things are getting done. For Texas, playing @ Bama could easily be altered to a conference game next year. 

• Hook 'Em 6

48 minutes ago, TXRed said:

Georgia being told to cancel their 23 OOC game with ou seems promising. 

I just went and checked and OU isn't scheduled to play Georgia next year. Not sure where Thamel is getting that, unless it hadn't been announced yet and OU was in the process of moving one of Tulsa, SMU or Arkansas State.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I just went and checked and OU isn't scheduled to play Georgia next year. Not sure where Thamel is getting that, unless it hadn't been announced yet and OU was in the process of moving one of Tulsa, SMU or Arkansas State.

https://soonersports.com/news/2019/5/6/211802692.aspx

NORMAN — Continuing a run of recent announcements of home-and-home football series against marquee programs, the University of Oklahoma revealed Monday that it has scheduled its first-ever series with Georgia. The Sooners will host the Bulldogs on Sept. 9, 2023, and will travel to Athens, Ga., for a Sept. 13, 2031, contest.

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They just announced they're switching it to SMU so I guess what you're looking at is already updated to reflect that. 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

it's a weird one, not on their future FB schedules page: https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/oklahoma/

but was announced officially in May 2019? https://georgiadogs.com/news/2019/5/6/football-georgia-oklahoma-schedule-home-and-home

weird.

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

https://soonersports.com/news/2019/5/6/211802692.aspx

NORMAN — Continuing a run of recent announcements of home-and-home football series against marquee programs, the University of Oklahoma revealed Monday that it has scheduled its first-ever series with Georgia. The Sooners will host the Bulldogs on Sept. 9, 2023, and will travel to Athens, Ga., for a Sept. 13, 2031, contest.

Bizarrely, it's not listed on the fbsschedules.com site and they're usually pretty good about keeping track. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Looks like the SMU home-and-home was just scheduled to replace the Georgia OOC game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/13/2022 at 10:26 PM, LTtxfan said:

Old but funny... Girl is an aggy and keeps trying to convince guys that aggy better/equal to Texas... 😋

Aggy Gal still on podcast... they discuss jizzjar and midnight yell in the 1hr24min  😋

They also argue about whether aggy has female cheerleaders -- she says they win Nat'l Championships in cheerleading 😂😂😂 

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Aggy Gal still on podcast... they discuss jizzjar and midnight yell in the 1hr24min  😋

They also argue about whether aggy has female cheerleaders -- she says they win Nat'l Championships in cheerleading 😂😂😂 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCA_Division_I-A_College_National_Championship

Not sure that's the right list, but guess who isn't listed. Also, I love that she then bags on Midnight Yell. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Short video...

Dissecting Texas A&M's offense & struggles so far this season | Breaking the huddle with Joel Klatt

Pretty brutal take by the mild-mannered Klatt, and an a+ for the producer who chose the photo of Jimbo squatting and looking constipated for the graphic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Listen, it's probably going to be 2024. But trust Kirk Bohls to not know shit and fail to make even the most basic obvious logic leaps. Hey Kirk, even if Texas joined the SEC in 2023, that doesn't mean that a return trip to Tuscaloosa wouldn't be made, it would just be as a conference game, you doddering twat. 

Of course he was at the aTm game. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

Ok, cross-post because y'all need to see this

It’s time to move on from the Texas Longhorns

Nobody needs Texas.

By mikemacon23   on September 21, 2022 

I understand that lots of folks, myself included, thoroughly enjoy smoking Texas in *insert literally any sport here*.

I understand the economic implications for Lubbock.

I especially understand how much realignment has ruined traditional rivalries in our sport, and trying to avoid that in this situation.

But if you ask me, I would be fine never playing them again. In anything at all. Some of you listened to me talk about this topic right after news came out that OF COURSE Texas lied about their intentions to keep the Texas legislature off their back about scheduling the game.

Yeah, I chose my words intentionally: they lied. CDC can walk it back all he wants, he said what he needed to when news broke of the SEC move to keep the hearings at a minimum. He is a slimy weasel, he will never negotiate in good faith with the other Texas schools. Any deal Tech could strike with a guy of his low character will end badly. Because every deal ever struck with Texas has ended with them blowing up everyone else to make a quick buck they do not need.

Texas has done everything they can to cause as much harm as possible to the Big 12, and more damningly to every other Texas university. They are greedy, arrogant, and they will never act with anyone else’s interests at heart no matter how many actual people get hurt by their actions while the state forks over billions to them due to the broken PUF agreement. Texas fans like to pretend they are the Yankees, people hate them because they are good. No, people hate them because they are just arrogant pricks.

That sounds harsh, there are good and bad people in every fanbase. But if you all have ever listened to Texas fans, am I wrong in saying the ratio of arrogant to decent is horribly skewed the wrong way? They think they are better than you, not just in sports but that their association with Texas Tech immediately makes you less than them.

Just leave them in the past. Let them make their own bed getting walloped in the SEC, time to move out from under that shadow. The growing and passionate Red Raider fanbase doesn’t need them to support the Red Raiders. The Big 12 is looking like the rising third power in college sports, and there are plenty of exciting matchups and new rivalries to grow with people who do view you as their equal and will work with you in good faith.

Nobody needs Texas, it is time to strike out on our own path as a university. I will enjoy the last few meetings, and I am sure the universities will play again in any number of sports. But if they don’t, it is just time to move on and Tech will be better for it.

Fuck Tech...  🤘

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Ok, cross-post because y'all need to see this

It’s time to move on from the Texas Longhorns

Nobody needs Texas.

By mikemacon23   on September 21, 2022 

Fuck Tech...  🤘

Im sorry. But does texas owe the big 12 or Tech anything?  They gonna lose money cus texas is leaving?  Texas generates that money. They anyone shit