$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

Just now, RGBIII said:

Haha Bish is my boy, he’s fucking heated

I don't think it's known on this board but David Pierce can't stand a lot of the local media (especially AAS). 

A few years ago when players were transferring the AAS ran with a lot of unsubstantiated rumors that really pissed him off. I get the feeling Bishop isn't going to hold back on these fools now that he's no longer employed by Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Yeah - screw Brian Davis.  Unwilling to give his own opinion on Marion - a clear positive addition, but will give an opinion if it is negative on Texas.

All he had to do on this is remove the word "considered" and he creates a positive spin - and it is from his perspective.  Lest we believe this is a headline writer's fault, here is the 2nd paragraph:

Considered an innovative offensive mind, Marion has developed what he calls the “GoGo” offense, which marries triple-option concepts with spread philosophies. 

It's an overall shitty sentence that is capped w/ zero ownership of anything. "considered" and "what he calls" are ways of deflecting ownership.

I'm no professional writer, but this reads a bit better:

An offensive innovator, Marion created the "GoGo" offense, a melding of triple-option and spread concepts.

More succinct.  Active voice.

Edited by boilerhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

10 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

But he really took the tiny bottle of chardonnay and some cheese cubes on a paper plate as an inspirational message and not the “fuck you” it was intended to be. Really 

Well it IS Sutter Home, after all. 

Edited by Sejjr