Rick and Morty

Goo Punch

4 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Wait until you get to the Pickle Rick episode. Just a genius episode.

Last couple of eps I remember watching we’re Total Rickall and the singing reality show/big head potato god one. Both were just awesome. It blow some my mind that people can just stack up all of these original, brilliant episodes week after week, season after season. 

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The animation never appealed to me, but I never gave it an honest watch. Maybe I need to remedy that

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Richard and Mortimer. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Richard's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Richard and Mortimer truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Richard's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2018 at 9:22 AM, In10se said:

Raging morty on the Purge episode was great. It feeeeeels goooood...

I've been binging this lately too and finally saw this episode last night after the Rockets. Holy shit. I had to rewind it several times because I was laughing so hard.

"You like that? You want me to cut to three weeks earlier when you were still alive?"

Edited by Jograves

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...