Rick and Morty

Goo Punch

By far the funniest of the season. Most I’ve laughed at one episode in a long time.

The shit with beth and her mom(you became a woman today) was just perfect.

Yes all over the place but some funny as shit.

Of course chucklenuts hated it. Not sure why he watches anymore.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Drew said:

By far the funniest of the season. Most I’ve laughed at one episode in a long time.

Yes all over the place but some funny as shit.

Of course chucklenuts hated it. Not sure why he watches anymore.

you should make sure to whine about my reaction every single week, it really adds to the thread. 

edit- oh wait, you already do. great stuff, keep it up, everyone here loves it when you do that. 👌🏼 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Fuck You 1

matter of fact, gloves off. ive been keeping my criticisms to a minimum- this week a single gif and zero words- all to placate you and your hypersensitive reactions every time someone doesn't like the show as much as you do. fuck it. that's done. you're gonna get the full-on five paragraph rant from now on. christ you ducking baby. you just can't help but cry about it, so fuck it. no more censoring myself when you're just going to cry about it any way.

this show sucks now. it's not funny. seasons 1-3 were mostly great, but then the creators signed a 500 episode deal and took a year or two off to do a deep dive into their creative minds, and what they've come back with is trying to cram a bunch of meta yet convoluted, all-over-the-place crap that tries way, way, way too hard into everything single episode. whatever happened to "rick and morty land on a purge planet and bikinis ensue"? nope, can't have that anymore. everything has to be a super fast paced, high stakes, nine dimensional, uber meta mess, that focuses more on cramming 500 different ideas into 24 minutes than it does making us laugh. it's bad. it's a bad show.

finally, you gaping pussy, you can go ahead and put me on ignore if my reaction to every episode is going to cause you to cry like the childish twat that you are. get. the fuck. over it. this thread is not your safe space. i repeat: this thread is not your safe space. stop fucking crying about every post i make. if you need a safe space, then go start a Rick and Morty Safe Space thread, you pathetic little worm. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

also, someone here had to do a rewatch to catch the 80085 and 8===D jokes from the previous episode? seriously?! like those were just some fucking next level jokes that couldn't possibly be caught upon the first viewing despite the fact that they beat you over the head with it throughout the episode. that's the issue here.the show has clearly declined, but much of the fan base are a bunch of room-temperature-IQ having morons who, like a bunch of five year olds, unconditionally love everything about their favorite cartoon, refuse to see or care that it's changed, and then cry whenever someone says something that's not nice about it. christ. baby needs a bottle and brand new safe space thread. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Drew said:

of course you think that. no wonder you still love this show. that line is 100% out of Chuck Lorre's greatest hits. the lowest hanging fruit possible. some straight up CBS Young Sheldon, Meet The Black Neighbors type of humor. OMG, THE GIRL SAID SOMETHING AND THEY GAVE THE MEN CREDIT FOR IT!! OMFG THATS SO FUNNY! JUST PERFECT! seriously, if you think that perfect, download the CBS app and spend the rest of your life laughing your ass off at the groundbreaking humor on shows like 2 and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory. HEY, THE INDIAN GUY HAS AN ACCENT! OMFG THATS HILARIOUS! moron. 

• Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, RPM said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12811288

i feel for people like you in this thread. i genuinely do. but goddamn it, there's other people in this thread who have 100% brought this on themselves, and people like you become casualties of their retarded war on criticism.

1)they freaked out when i first started being critical of the show

2)they went to bellmont and asked immamac to ban me for criticizing the show

3)they kept my name in their mouths, unprovoked, all last season

4)they whined about me on this thread, unprovoked, during the offseason

5)they CONTINUE to make bitchy little comments and tell me i need to leave the thread week after week after week, as if only the rosiest and most sunshine pumping takes are allowed in this thread.

here's a wild idea: stop engaging me. i do not seek out these people; i do not go out of my way to get upset at their takes; i do not ask for them to be banned for their takes; and, most importantly, i let them have their own opinion. i do not quite their posts and tell them that their opinions are wrong and unwanted and bad. they do that to me.

ive made every genuine attempt i can to practice my first goddamn amendment right to have a ducking opinion without starting shit in this thread, and it doesn't matter, because this crew of whiny pussies will never STFU with whiny shit about me and my opinions. if i'm going to never engage any of them and keep my critical posts to a minimum, and they're STILL going to keep my name in their mouths and whine about what i do, then this is what you get! you get the full derka experience! you get exactly what you ask for.

so drew, MIA, and any other snowflakes in here who don't like my opinions- it's up to you. either do what i've been doing, and have your own opinion and STFU about differing opinions.m, or sit back and enjoy the full derka experience from now on. because i'm not going to try to placate you pussies any longer. i tried. it didn't work. you incessantly bitched about me anyway. i'm just going to go ahead and be me from now on because if that. well done lads, all around. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, RPM said:

Dude, as a friend, anything anyone posts on here is fair game. Just have to look at it like, it's just their opinion, man. 

that's literally the point i'm making. i should be allowed to have my own option without a gang of children jumping my shit and demanding that i leave the thread or be banned. im not the one who has issues with other people's opinions.

12 minutes ago, RPM said:

But publishing a manifesto reply on a thread about a cartoon isn't going to help. Just take a breath before clicking submit. Equal and opposite reaction and what not.

how are you not understanding this? ive been putting up with this bullshit for years *without* giving you the full-on derka response. ive been taking the high road for years and it has accomplished nothing. if it's not enough that i let these other guys have their own opinions without ever engaging them or making it personal, then im not going to hold myself back just to placate the very people who will. not. stop. engaging me with their incessant, whiny, personal bullshit that's aimed at me. period. this is not complicated. it's common sense. you don't get to cry about every post i make but then refuse to meet me in the middle. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

of course you think that. no wonder you still love this show. that line is 100% out of Chuck Lorre's greatest hits. the lowest hanging fruit possible. some straight up CBS Young Sheldon, Meet The Black Neighbors type of humor. OMG, THE GIRL SAID SOMETHING AND THEY GAVE THE MEN CREDIT FOR IT!! OMFG THATS SO FUNNY! JUST PERFECT! seriously, if you think that perfect, download the CBS app and spend the rest of your life laughing your ass off at the groundbreaking humor on shows like 2 and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory. HEY, THE INDIAN GUY HAS AN ACCENT! OMFG THATS HILARIOUS! moron. 

I’m choosing to interpret this episode as a satirization of the low-hanging fruit. If they’re serious with that “You’re a woman now” shit, well, the show sucks exactly as much as you say it does. 

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

how are you not understanding this? ive been putting up with this bullshit for years *without* giving you the full-on derka response. ive been taking the high road for years and it has accomplished nothing. if it's not enough that i let these other guys have their own opinions without ever engaging them or making it personal, then im not going to hold myself back just to placate the very people who will. not. stop. engaging me with their incessant, whiny, personal bullshit that's aimed at me. period. this is not complicated. it's common sense. you don't get to cry about every post i make but then refuse to meet me in the middle. 

“Ignore” is an option. A strong option. 

I don't get complaints about it being "gross." What show have they been watching? There was an episode where Morty knocks up an alien robot. There another where a guy trapped in an imaginary world fucks creatures so he can eat them, which they show happen. Rick fucked a planet and their offspring blow out of the whole. This episode certainly isn't not on my top 10 list or anything, but I laughed, and there wasn't anything more "shocking" about it than other episodes. 

I did find interesting that for a second week in a row, Rick seems to have legitimate affection for a female character. It seems to be a weird stray from his persona. I wonder if it's intentional and to be explored later in the season. 

Also, just some quick advice. I've stopped watching shows in the past when they stopped being interesting to me. It happens all the time. I don't make a point to watch it every week to predictably stir shit up on the internet. There's an easy solution. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Also, just some quick advice. I've stopped watching shows in the past when they stopped being interesting to me. It happens all the time. I don't make a point to watch it every week to predictably stir shit up on the internet. There's an easy solution. 

This. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

last season was the first of four that i didn't like. i loved the second episode of this season. why the fuck don't you just choose not to spaz out every time i don't like an episode? quit your fucking bitching and stop crying every time i don't like an episode, you child.

also, i'm not the one stirring up shit on the internet. how little fucking self awareness do you all have? i literally posted zero words about the last episode and y'all STILL cried about it! you personally came into this thread *during the fucking off season* so that you could preemptively cry about how i wasn't going to like some of the episodes of the upcoming season which hadn't even aired yet! holy fuck dude. YOU stir up shit on the internet. you have GOT to stop convincing yourself otherwise. if you really hate the drama then stop creating it out of thin air for christ's sake. jesus.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:39 PM, 'stache said:

Pretty excited for the new season. Not so excited for derka's shitpost after each episode.

this is you, before the season had even begun, calling me out and talking shit to me, completely unprovoked. then you have the gall, and the complete lack of self awareness to tell me that i am the one who comes in here to "stir shit up on the internet." pull your drama-starting head out of your ass and put me on ignore. you clearly are not mature enough to handle someone having a differing opinion. christ. 

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

last season was the first of four that i didn't like. i loved the second episode of this season. why the fuck don't you just choose not to spaz out every time i don't like an episode? quit your fucking bitching and stop crying every time i don't like an episode, you child.

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

also, i'm not the one stirring up shit on the internet. how little fucking self awareness do you all have? i literally posted zero words about the last episode and y'all STILL cried about it! you personally came into this thread *during the fucking off season* so that you could preemptively cry about how i wasn't going to like some of the episodes of the upcoming season which hadn't even aired yet! holy fuck dude. YOU stir up shit on the internet. you have GOT to stop convincing yourself otherwise. if you really hate the drama then stop creating it out of thin air for christ's sake. jesus.

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

this is you, before the season had even begun, calling me out and talking shit to me, completely unprovoked. then you have the gall, and the complete lack of self awareness to tell me that i am the one who comes in here to "stir shit up on the internet." pull your drama-starting head out of your ass and put me on ignore. you clearly are not mature enough to handle someone having a differing opinion. christ. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

fuck you. keep my name out your mouth. every time i make a post five of y'all have a conniption fit. you all keep provoking me and talking shit to me and then you melt down when i respond. if you don't want to see my posts then you can either put me on ignore or stop seeking me out for confrontation. very very simple solutions. go ahead and choose one whenever you're ready. 

olivier-giroud-chelsea-2019-20_19scdquz3

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

fuck you. if you don't want to see my posts then you can either put me on ignore or stop seeking me out for confrontation. two very simple solutions to your problem. 

Do us a favor.  Please stop changing names.  It makes the Ignore function a little difficult.

regardless of the slapfight, this show has lost a step. 

not sure if that's even the best way to describe it.  it's like the creators died, and they brought in new writers to best emulate what they think rick and morty should look like.  and they're absolutely nailing it, about 3-5% of the time.  and the misses really suck.  and i don't mean entire episodes, i just mean individual jokes or themes or set-pieces or gags.

i'm fine with gross or overly sexual or inappropriate if it makes me laugh.  i believe the joke cums first.  if it doesn't make me laugh, then i analyze whether the nonsense was warranted.  most of the time, it has not been.  it's like right after american pie and something about mary and everyone tried to replicate it and made horrible shit for half a decade.

there have been episodes in seasons 1-3 where i couldn't wait to watch it again.  now i'm like, eh, i'll watch them all once, then once i miss the show, i'll rewatch the whole season.  i didn't even finish rewatching season 4.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

i was perusing reddit just now and noticed that the rick and morty subreddit is a carbon copy of this thread, just x10,000. it's literally tens of thousands of R&M fanboys who are incensed that other fans of the show are being critical of this season. "IT'S BRILLIANTLY WRITTEN AND IT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS, HOW IN THE FUCK DOES ANYONE NOT LIKE THIS?!?!?" 😡😡😡

i gotta say it actually made me feel better to see that. i still am at a 100% loss as to what is so devastatingly upsetting about someone being critical of a tv show that you like, but at least i now know that this R&M hysteria is a nationwide phenomenon, and not just limited to this thread. now if only the whole "everyone is allowed to have their opinion" thing could actually be true then i think we'd be set. 

12 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i was perusing reddit just now and noticed that the rick and morty subreddit is a carbon copy of this thread, just x10,000. it's literally tens of thousands of R&M fanboys who are incensed that other fans of the show are being critical of this season. "IT'S BRILLIANTLY WRITTEN AND IT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS, HOW IN THE FUCK DOES ANYONE NOT LIKE THIS?!?!?" 😡😡😡

i gotta say it actually made me feel better to see that. i still am at a 100% loss as to what is so devastatingly upsetting about someone being critical of a tv show that you like, but at least i now know that this R&M hysteria is a nationwide phenomenon, and not just limited to this thread. now if only the whole "everyone is allowed to have their opinion" thing could actually be true then i think we'd be set. 

You're entitled to your opinion.  When your opinion becomes so loud, you should expect some discord.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

You're entitled to your opinion.  When your opinion becomes so loud, you should expect some discord.

i posted one gif and zero words about the last episode and the peanut gallery still had to cry about it. hell, as i said, 'stache was crying about me potentially not liking episodes before the season even aired. that is not "being entitled to one's own opinion." it's the only point i've ever made here: i'm allowed to criticize the show when i don't think it's good.

to this point, whenever i say anything critical of the show i'm met by this gang of angry people who insult me, ask for me to be banned, and tell me i should stop watching the show/posting in this thread. again, that is not "being entitled to one's opinion." i'm allowed to not like the show sometimes, and if that causes someone to want to start a fight with me then that person needs to either grow up or put me on ignore.

Damn.  I'm glad I stayed off of this thread last week.  I thought this episode was a nice rebound. 

I quit watching Walking Dead when I realized that I didn't care which of the main characters got beaten to death with a spiked bat.  It's ok to quit a show.  I'm not calling out anyone in particular just saying that sometimes it's the right call.  

also, quit being so concerned with my opinion, and whether or not i'm still watching the show. i stopped watching the office when i'd had enough; stopped watching shameless when i'd had enough; stopped watching silicon valley when i'd had enough; and i'll stop watching this show when i've had enough. i thought that GoT started falling off in season 5 and posted as much, but i ended up watching it the entire way through because enough of the episodes between S5 E1 and the series finale were compelling enough for me to keep watching. yeah, i could have stopped watching the show after the 80th hour of Arya doing nothing with Jaqen Hagaar, but then i would have missed Battle of the Bastards. i'm going to keep watching this show as long as i have some hope that it might regain form, even if only sporadically, and you fanboys who think that these last two shitty episodes are as just as good as any episode of this show ever can have your own opinions too. 

• Fuck You 1