Rick and Morty

Goo Punch

On 1/13/2023 at 5:55 AM, 'stache said:

Goddamnit. Solar Opposites is great too, just walk the fuck away and don’t date crazy! 

I know you didn't really mean anything malevolent by this, but it's pretty fucked up that the standard male response to domestic violence is, "I bet she's crazy." Even if that is the case, dysfunctional relationships take two. I doubt he was sitting around, minding his own business, being all logical and in control of his emotions, when he was ambushed out of nowhere. Men can be crazy shit heads too.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I know you didn't really mean anything malevolent by this, but it's pretty fucked up that the standard male response to domestic violence is, "I bet she's crazy." Even if that is the case, dysfunctional relationships take two. I doubt he was sitting around, minding his own business, being all logical and in control of his emotions, when he was ambushed out of nowhere. Men can be crazy shit heads too.

Very true and totally agree. I guess I skipped ahead and just assumed he’s throw out the “she started it” defense that is so common in these situations.

• 2 weeks later...

I can do a pretty good Rick voice, when are the open auditions? Seriously though, my guess is they can find good enough voices (like Cleveland on Family Guy) and Harmon does a lot of the creative stuff. I think Roiland was more involved in Solar Opposites, so that really sucks assuming he's out on that too.

Yeah...and it seems there were a lot of different girls with the same sort of inappropriate stories and conversations. Whoever Christy is, seems to be helping him get young girls to fly out and do... stuff... That's all very very bad for him, and I would hope the DA is following through on that. Roiland doesn't have the powerful friends to fall back on like Epstein and Maxwell did, so he would be pretty fucked if prosecuted. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up suicidal after all this, it's a common theme in his work. Really makes you look at King Jellybean in a different light...

I saw a suggestion that Rick and Morty disappear for whatever sci-fi reason they can come up with and focus the season (maybe the rest of the series) on Beth, Jerry, Summer, and others (including probably Space Beth). I think it could work, but a bunch of fans would leave. They might be leaving anyway since they haven't liked the last few season anyway. Starting a new direction could make sense. They've built the characters up pretty well. Jerry in particular had a good last season, in my opinion. Space Beth could bring in the sci fi stuff. It's 100% not gonna happen, but an interesting hypothetical.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I saw a suggestion that Rick and Morty disappear for whatever sci-fi reason they can come up with and focus the season (maybe the rest of the series) on Beth, Jerry, Summer, and others (including probably Space Beth). I think it could work, but a bunch of fans would leave. They might be leaving anyway since they haven't liked the last few season anyway. Starting a new direction could make sense. They've built the characters up pretty well. Jerry in particular had a good last season, in my opinion. Space Beth could bring in the sci fi stuff. It's 100% not gonna happen, but an interesting hypothetical.

dan harmon has experience working with a skeleton crew in a show's final seasons

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, 'stache said:

They've built the characters up pretty well. Jerry in particular had a good last season, in my opinion.

You give me a season of Jerry and someone is going to die a brutal and unnecessary death.

9 hours ago, 'stache said:

I saw a suggestion that Rick and Morty disappear for whatever sci-fi reason they can come up with and focus the season (maybe the rest of the series) on Beth, Jerry, Summer, and others (including probably Space Beth).

That sounds like the worst fucking show ever conceived in the history of mankind. All of the Space Beth shit was horrible enough as it is. 

Optimally they'd let Rick and Morty die. The newest seasons have been very hit or miss anyways. 

17 hours ago, Apep said:

Hope the recasting works out like Iroh in Avatar. 

10 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

They should even change the cartoon character art design themselves. Go with a full Fresh Prince Aunt Viv recast vibe

10 hours ago, 'stache said:

I saw a suggestion that Rick and Morty disappear for whatever sci-fi reason they can come up with and focus the season (maybe the rest of the series) on Beth, Jerry, Summer, and others

Do it like 1970s Charlie's Angels when Farrah Fawcett left - have a Cheryl Ladd coming in to play her character's little sister Kris.

tumblr_n1nh37XIGf1sgmooso1_500.gif

tumblr_mvbqy22nsW1sgmooso1_500.gif

• Drool 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...