Rick and Morty

Goo Punch

10 hours ago, Apep said:

Either it’s getting better as the season goes on or my standards are lowering. I may have to look up my criticisms from last season to see if they’ve actually addressed some of them.

it's definitely better than last season. they stopped trying to cram eight million meta references and storylines into 22 minutes and just went back to the basics of letting the characters be their own funny selves, and it's definitely improved. imo anyway. the pacing has improved as well. if you go back and watch some of last season's episodes it's like watching robin williams doing coke with the gilmore girls. 

Edited by shadow_operative

11 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yeah, better season so far than 5 was. However, I'm in the middle of season 3 of Solar Opposites, and am enjoying that more than any of the last couple seasons of R&M. R&M fans should definitely watch it, it's on Hulu if you don't have other means of acquiring it. 

It’s a fantastic show.  It might be one of my top 2 or 3 animated shows right now 

On 10/4/2022 at 6:21 PM, shadow_operative said:

it's definitely better than last season. they stopped trying to cram eight million meta references and storylines into 22 minutes and just went back to the basics of letting the characters be their own funny selves, and it's definitely improved. imo anyway. the pacing has improved as well. if you go back and watch some of last season's episodes it's like watching robin williams doing coke with the gilmore girls. 

Whoa. Are you posting under duress right now?

rick-and-morty-wendys-commercial-1218746

• Haha 1

The dinosaurs have better tech and appear to be smarter than Rick, but they don’t do inter-dimensional travel. And Rick was the smartest being in the central finite curve. So is the paremesian dimension outside the central finite curve?

The dinosaurs have better tech and appear to be smarter than Rick, but they don’t do inter-dimensional travel. And Rick was the smartest being in the central finite curve. So is the paremesian dimension outside the central finite curve?

Not necessarily smarter than him, just better focused tech in some areas.

It didn’t take him long to modify his tech to make theirs useless on him.

He also states that he would die with them to intentionally spite their beliefs.

My take was their tech was different and their way of thinking was different but not “smarter” per se.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It was pretty bad. Totally lost my attention about 8 min in. It’s like they couldn’t help themselves but go back to their ultra meta shit. Same thing that made last season shitty. They had mostly avoided that this season up to now. 

I watched it this morning and already don’t recall a single detail or the plot 

Finally caught up on both episodes.

The meta episode made me chuckle mainly because I knew it had to of pissed a lot of y’all off on this thread, especially derka. So it was enjoyable. Without surly, it probably woulda been meh to me.

Last episode I thought did a very weird thing in addressing a pretty serious couple of topics but using the most basic pee humor to make it. I saw a bunch of redditors saying it woulda been their favorite if it had been anything but piss or shit as his power. It really was a strange epissode but I liked it

• 5 weeks later...

*edit* I'm getting Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon mixed up in this entire post.

there was some sort of toxicity/misogyny shit in the workplace with rick and morty as well I think. Hard to find since if you google this shit it's mostly about beta cuck R+M fans doing beta cuck "harass female writers" shit but it was this - 

https://www.awn.com/news/rick-and-morty-creator-dan-harmon-comes-clean-public-apology

The story here seems to be that at Community, Roiland was attracted to one of his writers, did some harassing, and then when firmly rejected did some more abusive shit. In this case it came to light in the midst of 2018 metoo stuff - Roiland vaguely alluded to it, the writer Megan Ganz called him out, he said he hadn't wanted to put her shit on blast but gave a full account and apology, and Ganz tweeted links to his podcast calling it a masterclass on how to apologize.

I had vaguely remembered this, but this is a bit more interesting now since I've become more familiar with Ganz as the host of the Always Sunny podcast (where the Always Sunny guys shoot the shit while they theoretically work episode by episode through the series). She's now a writer on the series, not sure for how long.

Anyways, interesting - he's very outspoken against the sexism and misogyny that afflicts a lot of the R+M fanbase, he's clearly not been a saint himself but he did a good job of owning up to it in 2018, but here we are with assault allegations from 2020. Curious to learn more about what happened here but uhh, golly geez. Hey guys, if you have reached your mid thirties and you still haven't worked through your stupid shit like this please seek counseling wtf.

Edited by Celery Man

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So no Solar Opposites either. Awesome. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Goddamnit. Solar Opposites is great too, just walk the fuck away and don’t date crazy! 

This.  The real victim in this scandal is Solar Opposites, that shit is so fucking good and better than R&M. 

God damnit. 

Can't you fucking breeders stop hitting women? K thanks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

*edit* I'm getting Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon mixed up in this entire post.

there was some sort of toxicity/misogyny shit in the workplace with rick and morty as well I think. Hard to find since if you google this shit it's mostly about beta cuck R+M fans doing beta cuck "harass female writers" shit but it was this - 

https://www.awn.com/news/rick-and-morty-creator-dan-harmon-comes-clean-public-apology

The story here seems to be that at Community, Roiland was attracted to one of his writers, did some harassing, and then when firmly rejected did some more abusive shit. In this case it came to light in the midst of 2018 metoo stuff - Roiland vaguely alluded to it, the writer Megan Ganz called him out, he said he hadn't wanted to put her shit on blast but gave a full account and apology, and Ganz tweeted links to his podcast calling it a masterclass on how to apologize.

I had vaguely remembered this, but this is a bit more interesting now since I've become more familiar with Ganz as the host of the Always Sunny podcast (where the Always Sunny guys shoot the shit while they theoretically work episode by episode through the series). She's now a writer on the series, not sure for how long.

Anyways, interesting - he's very outspoken against the sexism and misogyny that afflicts a lot of the R+M fanbase, he's clearly not been a saint himself but he did a good job of owning up to it in 2018, but here we are with assault allegations from 2020. Curious to learn more about what happened here but uhh, golly geez. Hey guys, if you have reached your mid thirties and you still haven't worked through your stupid shit like this please seek counseling wtf.

You're confusing Roiland and Harmon.