Surly Cricket Thread

APMP

58 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Another very good performance by India.  Even with Bhuvi going down to injury and Bumrah looking very ordinary, still had enough in the tank to take care of business.  So far each game has a different guy or couple of guys step up when required.

And in spite of non-reviews for Kohli's wicket which was non-contact, the Chahal lbw of Babar's wicket, and stupidly bowling Hardik when Jadeja was available afterBhuvneshwar pulled his hamstring. Pakistan's team chugs teh cock.

Edited by UDontKnow

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I admit I heard a sound when it happened so figured he was gone, but you have to think the guy holding the f’ing bat would have a better idea if it caught an edge or not. 

They still had a challenge in the batting innings, should have used it. Against England, it will come back to bite in the arse. It didn't make a difference against the lesser side that is Pakistan.

4 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

They still had a challenge in the batting innings, should have used it. Against England, it will come back to bite in the arse. It didn't make a difference against the lesser side that is Pakistan.

There was nothing to challenge.  The umpire never called him out, he just walked on his own volition which makes it even more bizarre. 

India's set themselves up nicely for the middle stretch. Next match is against Afghanistan on Saturday, with West Indies the following Thursday. Two beatable opponents with big breaks in between. Take both of those, and India will have nearly locked up a SF spot by the time we play England at the end of the month.

Pakistan OTOH is in dire straights. They have to beat all four of their remaining opponents (NZ, the Proteas, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh) and hope other results fall their way.

Damn Windies... both Russellmania and Universe Boss go for ducks and they still put 321 on the board.  Hope just misses his ton (96 off 121 balls) and Hetmyer scores 50 off 26 balls.  Evin Lewis knocked in 70 as well. 

Let's get some Cottrell salutes and wrap it up early today.

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

India's set themselves up nicely for the middle stretch. Next match is against Afghanistan on Saturday, with West Indies the following Thursday. Two beatable opponents with big breaks in between. Take both of those, and India will have nearly locked up a SF spot by the time we play England at the end of the month.

Pakistan OTOH is in dire straights. They have to beat all four of their remaining opponents (NZ, the Proteas, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh) and hope other results fall their way.

Hopefully Bhuvneshwar injury is nothing serious.  They should be able to beat Afghanistan without him, but he needs to be ready to go against the Windies.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Hopefully Bhuvneshwar injury is nothing serious.  They should be able to beat Afghanistan without him, but he needs to be ready to go against the Windies.

Respectfully disagree. Let Shami get some burn for the next couple of matches.

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Damn Windies... both Russellmania and Universe Boss go for ducks and they still put 321 on the board.  Hope just misses his ton (96 off 121 balls) and Hetmyer scores 50 off 26 balls.  Evin Lewis knocked in 70 as well. 

Let's get some Cottrell salutes and wrap it up early today.

Didn't mean a shit. Bangladesh chased it easily. There are three phases of the game, can't win the match only with one. Windies are paper tigers.

13 hours ago, satyanash said:

What a difference eight years make...

20awkc46j2531.jpg

In those 8 years, Windies Cricket Board has severely mismanaged their team (didn't pay their players for some time) and this is the result. Jofra Archer should be a Windies bowler - not an English boweler.

8 hours ago, satyanash said:

2018: Rashid Khan wins the ICC Associate Cricketer of the Year award

2019: Rashid Khan gets blasted for 110 runs in nine overs bowled (12.22 avg), the 2nd-worst bowling figures in ODI history.

It's a different game going from Associates to the Big Leagues. Good thing for Khan is that he's 20 years old and has enough time to move on from that ignominious display.

I am of the mindset that 10 teams in the ICC ODI World Cup is too much. It would be fine T20 World Cup, but some of these teams are just not cut out to go all 50 overs. For 2019, the two teams that probably should not have qualified are Afghanistan and West Indies. JMO.

The rumours I've heard peg Rashid Khan's true age at ~27-28 years old. Obviously this is unverifiable. But there are photos from his FB dated 2013 when he was playing lower-level cricket, and it's extremely obvious that he wasn't 15 years old at the time.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Rishabh Pant time!

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27006798/shikhar-dhawan-ruled-world-cup-rishabh-pant-confirmed-replacement

He'll need to be more disciplined as a batter and he'll be a definite liability fielding.

Devastating loss... Dhawan and Rohit were a great combo, Dhawan always made up for Rohit's slow starts with quick, reliable runs and they had a great LH-RH combination going.

02nd7ki72b531.jpg

That was a great match yesterday and clutch innings from Williamson.  The match could have gone either way especially if SA had been able to get a wicket in Tahir's last over - they had three difficult yet possible opportunities.

Looking forward to the AUS / BAN match today.  Let's see what Shakib can do against Starc / Cummings.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHa!!!!

England loses to Pakistan and Sri Lanka.  India should beat the shit out of them.

It's not a given, but India should have no fear of England. Against them, need an effective bowling attack and would prefer to chase (although that might not be necessary if bowling is on point).

Against this match against Afghanistan, I am interested to see India's changes. I do not recommend opening with Rishabh Pant. Continue Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul. Maybe have Rishabh Pant come in anywhere from 4-6 (actually maybe at 4 tomorrow versus Afghanistan which would leave MS Dhoni and Hardik Pandya in the event he misfires). Mohammed Shami will likely open with Jasprit Bumrah. Might as well rest Vijay Shankar and his niggle courtesy of a Bumrah yorker. I would be ecstatic if we saw Ravindra Jadeja with both bat and ball (especially ball).

I'm in complete agreement that Pant should not come in until #4 at the earliest.  If India doesn't drop the second wicket until the 35th over or so I would let him bat 4.  If AFG get a couple of lucky wickets early I leave him in the hut until it looks like things are in hand.  If it's a real crap day, then he'll get a chance no matter what; but odds of dropping a lot of wickets to AFG are slim and none.

Now watch Khan and Nabi go off tomorrow.

I was ticked off when the SL / BAN match got washed out because I thought it was going to be a very evenly matched contest.  No, they aren't the best teams in the world but it would have been fun to watch.  Now there is an outside chance one of those teams would have a chance at the semis if that match had not been rained out.

On 6/10/2019 at 12:12 AM, UDontKnow said:

Roti Shops are not the same as Indian restaurants. In fact, Roti Shops are a West Indian bastardization of East Indian cuisine.

I had a roti tonight.  Remind me to go easier on the hot sauce.  Damn . . . 

Bangladesh beat the Windies.  Don't know if it was current/live or taped. 

Edited by Bullneck

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Well... this is looking bad...

Normally I would think you should calm your tits, but this is not ideal at all. What a piss poor innings from Dhoni, it was like I was watching Cheteshwar Pujara bat in a test match. Who was he farming the strike/holding the anchor for?