What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

I'm looking for a new polo shirt for this season. Has anyone picked one up recently that they can recommend? The Nike Victory Golf Polo on the coop online store looks decent.
https://www.universitycoop.com/Nike-Texas-Longhorns-Dri-FIT-Victory-Golf-Polo

After not buying one in forever I picked up a white Nike coaches polo this year and like it. Simple white, grey stripes, longhorn. Dri-fit material is light and comfortable. They’ve gone back to the embroidered longhorn which goes a long way, the screen printed stuff they’d put out in recent years was ass my dude.

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

The Peter Millar polo at the Co-op is by far the best of several dozen I've owned over the years.100611920-Burnt%20Orange-10.jpg?resizeid=5&resizeh=1200&resizew=1200

Pretty sure this is the same polo I bought from the UT Golf Club online shop, for some reason the UT Golf Club has it for $12 cheaper than the Co-op.

Edited by elguapo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Those allbirds look like they’d be perfect for mall-walking with a 5lb weight in each hand. Maybe hit up the auntie Annie’s for a hot pretzel at the food court on the way out. You’ve earned it, girl!

Or watching Twilight.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Already have a closet full of Burnt Orange shirts… some not so burnt.

cleaned out the cabinet over the fridge where all these glasses have been sitting for 26 years. 
Sets from 1962, 1963, 1965, 2004, 2005.

The 3 unopened cans of Buckhorn beer were my Mom’s leftovers from 1992. RIP Mom.

6718FC4C-5948-40CF-859B-BE5CAA586862.jpeg

How have the 2004 and 2005 collections been in the cabinet for 26 years?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I am looking for a baby onesie with the screamin bevo logo on it… my wife saw a girl on her Facebook that had one, but she’s not “friends” with her so couldn’t ask where she got it. Probably a long shot but I’ve done my best googling and didn’t turn up what I was looking for. Any leads on something like that? 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I am looking for a baby onesie with the screamin bevo logo on it… my wife saw a girl on her Facebook that had one, but she’s not “friends” with her so couldn’t ask where she got it. Probably a long shot but I’ve done my best googling and didn’t turn up what I was looking for. Any leads on something like that? 

Probably a Cricut or Etsy job if you can't find it online anywhere. My sister is a teacher and used her Cricut to make a bunch of custom UT onesies for my kid (don't tell Bellmont).

Criquet makes the best Longhorn adjacent shirt. 92% Pima Cotton.

The polyester-spandex shirts feel great, but they're tight on every body type.

I bought some of the old Reyn Spooner UT shirts. They are are bad ass. Buy whatever size you can find and have it tailored. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

21 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Criquet makes the best Longhorn adjacent shirt. 92% Pima Cotton.

The polyester-spandex shirts feel great, but they're tight on every body type.

I bought some of the old Reyn Spooner UT shirts. They are are bad ass. Buy whatever size you can find and have it tailored. 

I like that Criquet polo but the fit is so strange. Long and kinda skinny, which works for me, and then huge billowy sleeves that I don't do nearly the arm work in the gym for. It's like they're cut for the Hungarian water polo team.

Edited by texifornia
  • Haha 1

Just now, texifornia said:

I like that Criquet polo but the fit is so strange. Long and kinda skinny, which works for me, and then huge billowy sleeves. It's like they're cut for The Rock.

Dave Bautista is also a huge fan. The fit is OK.

Peter Millar is all over the place. Everything Nike makes runs small and polyester. Tommy Bahama shirts can be used as a sail. Vineyard Vines cotton shirts ran big until they switched to that performance polo crap. I don't anything about Johnnie-O. 

7 hours ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

I have about 7-8 shirts from Poncho. They are awesome and have a lifetime warranty. 

This particular style is the western shirt with pearl snap buttons. I’ll give them credit for using a correct burnt orange, but I don’t think I’d wear a fishing shirt with pearl snaps. 

On 8/19/2021 at 6:01 PM, Etexhorn13 said:

Post it if you find it.  

https://www.fanatics.com/college/texas-longhorns/texas-longhorns-columbia-pfg-terminal-tackle-omni-shade-long-sleeve-t-shirt-burnt-orange/o-16+t-46356403+p-701031160380+z-9-3362476468

I’ve got two of the UT long sleeve Columbia PFG shirts.  One is for working outside and the other is for wearing out and about.  Muy comfortable.

11 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

https://www.fanatics.com/college/texas-longhorns/texas-longhorns-columbia-pfg-terminal-tackle-omni-shade-long-sleeve-t-shirt-burnt-orange/o-16+t-46356403+p-701031160380+z-9-3362476468

I’ve got two of the UT long sleeve Columbia PFG shirts.  One is for working outside and the other is for wearing out and about.  Muy comfortable.

this dry-fit thing looks like something fat teenagers wear into the pool

• Haha 2