What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

• 2 months later...

Not sure what it is, but something about recent Nikes makes people's feet look huge.  The football cleats, the baseball spikes, the bball shoes.  Even extends to "trainers" or running shoes.  Those look like they do it too.

Edited by TwiceHorn

40 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not sure what it is, but something about recent Nikes makes people's feet look huge.  The football cleats, the baseball spikes, the bball shoes.  Even extends to "trainers" or running shoes.  Those look like they do it too.

Most nike's are narrow as fuck 

57 minutes ago, mrhorn said:

Hmm, maybe I'm getting old because those are awful.  Now get off my lawn.

It's the longhorn piece on the side and matching piece on the back that make them look too busy. 

On 3/29/2018 at 10:11 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

UT gear needs a big revamp. Lots of cringe worthy right now, from the big ass logos to the Nike and Horns logos trying to fit on an item. Everything looks "not right".  Shoes about all we got right now.

Yep. It's all piss. So sick of every fucking hat either having a solitary Longhorn logo or being fucking busy and ugly as hell. I just want the classic burnt orange Nike hat with the smaller "Texas" block lettering. And of course they decided to stop making it...

• Like 1

I always wear last year's stuff because it's cheap as hell compared to the new $80 Dri-Fit polos. But this year, I'm going with this gem I got off the Co-Op website. It came to me smelling like rubber and it took 3 good washes to get that smell out, but other than that, instantly my favorite Texas shirt.

https://www.universitycoop.com/Texas-Arch-Short-Sleeve-T-Shirt

Edited by ALexusTexus7
I fucked up
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, wood said:

Yep. It's all piss. So sick of every fucking hat either having a solitary Longhorn logo or being fucking busy and ugly as hell. I just want the classic burnt orange Nike hat with the smaller "Texas" block lettering. And of course they decided to stop making it...

I miss the ‘47 brand hats. I liked those a lot 

• Like 1

why does NIKE call that color 'Desert Orange'? 

https://www.nike.com/t/free-tr8-texas-mens-training-shoe-w1DRJl

I feel like the technology is there to make every fucking product the same color, burnt orange, and to call it the same thing, burnt orange.  maybe they are saving all that for the capes, who knows...

Edited by gyroprotagonist

4 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Is it too much to ask for Nike to make a plain white Dri-fit polo with a burnt orange longhorn?

Riddle me that CDC

Fuck me.

Go to the Coop. They have a ton of non-Nike white dri-fit polos like you are talking about.

4 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Is it too much to ask for Nike to make a plain white Dri-fit polo with a burnt orange longhorn?

Riddle me that CDC

Fuck me.

Antigua one for $40. I have a Texas Exes Antigua one and if memory serves they run big. Ie, I think I have a small and I normally wear medium. But they are a great buy.

https://www.universitycoop.com/Texas-Longhorn-Xtra-Light-Performance-Polo?custcol_coop_coloroption_gm=5

Columbia one for $70.

https://www.universitycoop.com/Columbia-Cooling-Golf-Polo

And even a solid Nike one for $62.

https://www.universitycoop.com/Nike-Texas-Dry-Victory-Solid-Polo

Edited by RD3

On 8/8/2018 at 1:21 PM, TXLNGHRN10 said:

Does any know where one could buy a game ball? i.e. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiMfJE5UL5SxNRda_2hOt
I miss the old days of going into Rooster Andrew's and getting one off the shelf

The Texas Sports Shop at DKR might have a bin of them. I know for a fact they used to a couple years go

I post the Mexican Wedding shirt for someone who asked earlier. I need to get it dry cleaned. It looks great when pressed. I took a pic of who made it 10+ years ago if that helps.

The other. I don't know how this has lasted this long. My grandfather took me to Rooster Andrews around 1987. They made a t-shirt right there with Texas on it.

Both shirts are the true burnt orange, just the lighting...6b83c7c2e1f36da90f136e963217e714.jpg95514be7fc2d559b90c7d7a3733a083f.jpgf3d0b8af347f2afa073629bb1794e8c1.jpg

On 8/7/2018 at 5:10 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

With you being a racing fan, I thought you'd be all over the ones with flames on the bill.

Oh hell no. I hate that white trash shit. I go with something a little more understated. Or I guess a lot more understated than the trend these days.

On 8/8/2018 at 2:21 PM, TXLNGHRN10 said:

Does any know where one could buy a game ball? i.e. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiMfJE5UL5SxNRda_2hOt
I miss the old days of going into Rooster Andrew's and getting one off the shelf

Rooster's was the shit.  One of the best Horns shirt was just a simple embroidered logo t-shirt, loved that shirt.  Haven't been able to find another comparable to it.