What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

5 hours ago, TX Wing Fan said:

New Homefield collection is pretty underwhelming, just like the last one. I imagine this is mainly due to UT being overly protective of their marks and not giving HF a lot to work with, given how great the offerings for other schools have been.

Based on how good their stuff is everywhere it's a Texas issue. Which fucking sucks.

Now if Texas was going it on their own that would be great. But they aren't.

• Rage+1 1

I think I read somewhere last year that Homefield (and others) were limited by the retro logos that UT agreed to release/license to them.  Which I agree are shitty last year and this year.  We're the problem, it's us.

47 Brand had the best retro t-shirts a few years ago, I still have one that I miss a bunch.  CDC said that they were coming back to UT, we'll see about that.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/4/2023 at 1:36 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Any idea if the orange is close enough?  I wear Old Skools quite often.  They're super comfortable for my weird-ass feet, but I don't want to look like a Tennessee fan.

About what I thought- a shade towards okie light but not too bad 

IMG_2920.thumb.jpeg.659198750a1554a2c252a512d4e094e2.jpeg

IMG_2919.thumb.jpeg.b9c5d7c194180900298bc84c91598ccc.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Sweet. What brand?

I saw a guy wearing this at the CWS this year (family in Omaha so I go annually, was tough without UT there for the first time post-covid). Pretty sure it was a Columbia PFG shirt.

Edited by CashMcCoy
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'll probably just end up buying the burnt orange short sleeve from Poncho, but please recommend a nice Texas polo for Thursdays at the office. 

Bonus points for a quarter zip. 

I like the Criquet one - cut taller and skinnier since regular golf polos invariably leave me swimming in fabric. It's not officially UT, but it's intentionally the correct shade of orange.

https://criquetshirts.com/products/performance-jersey-players-shirt-burnt-orange

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I like the Criquet one - cut taller and skinnier since regular golf polos invariably leave me swimming in fabric. It's not officially UT, but it's intentionally the correct shade of orange.

https://criquetshirts.com/products/performance-jersey-players-shirt-burnt-orange

Yep Criquet is a good shirt. I have that shirt, but the logo is a football helmet. 

On 6/9/2023 at 2:05 PM, Celery Man said:

About what I thought- a shade towards okie light but not too bad 

IMG_2920.thumb.jpeg.659198750a1554a2c252a512d4e094e2.jpeg

IMG_2919.thumb.jpeg.b9c5d7c194180900298bc84c91598ccc.jpeg

Got the Sk8-HI’s from Vans in this color and I agree with it being a little light but overall it’s the closest I’ve seen outside of Nike stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'll probably just end up buying the burnt orange short sleeve from Poncho, but please recommend a nice Texas polo for Thursdays at the office. 

Just get the poncho one in western Pear snap

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

No burnt orange offerings, but you can knock both the polo and 1/4 zip out from Peter Millar or Johnnie-O if you're looking for "nice", golf-y type stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/25/2023 at 4:22 PM, HRSchenker said:

Rally House. Two different shades of orange though really pisses me off. They're the same style shirt from the same company. Why the fuck are they not the same?

Cause Nike sucks ass as far as apparel goes.  Sizing is worse.  Can order 5 of the exact shirt in the same size and all 5 will fit differently.  

On 6/24/2023 at 11:24 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Peter Millar has awesome quarter zips for college teams and MLB teams.

Can also confirm that the Poncho shirts are fantastic.

Edited by tx ind
  • Hook 'Em 1