What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

I'm bummed that I didn't get the Nike Early Season polo (the one with the orange and a darker orange horizontal stripes) while they still had XL but I snagged a Columbia fishing shirt for $25 online. Those shirts are incredible and fit wonderfully.
I got the Columbia too and it's insanely comfortable but the wife hates it, thinks it makes me look fat since it fits loose.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up one of the black locker room Sugar Bowl champion caps a couple of weeks ago. Not usually a hat guy but I wanted some kind of memorabilia from that game/trip. I like the hat, but if you are thinking of getting one before they vanish, know that it is not really black. It's definitely more navy blue.

Did anybody catch the guy who appeared on Rod Babers' show a few weeks ago...he started a home-based business in Austin making Longhorns related caps? I think his first work was a DBU Texas cap or something...my memory is hazy. Meant to look it up earlier but forgot about til now and now I can't find it.  

Did anybody catch the guy who appeared on Rod Babers' show a few weeks ago...he started a home-based business in Austin making Longhorns related caps? I think his first work was a DBU Texas cap or something...my memory is hazy. Meant to look it up earlier but forgot about til now and now I can't find it.  

Let me know,i want a good ut cap.
Those nike flex bill crap the team sold last year were terrible in their fit.

23 hours ago, Chopper said:

I believe his name is Bob Abouttogettheshitsuedoutofhim. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/10/2019 at 9:23 AM, Red Five said:

I wore that exact shirt yesterday. Weird. 

Well not that exact shirt I guess, but one that looks exactly like it. 

On 2/9/2019 at 2:41 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Picked this up today. Getting lots of compliments already.3149d843a83180f839149a84e4cf5c88.jpg

I have an old, and I mean old tank top with that same image on it. I know it's at least 20 to 25 years old.

8 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I have an old, and I mean old tank top with that same image on it. I know it's at least 20 to 25 years old.

That image goes back at a minimum to the mid-sixties. Iconic. It was used in car window decals for application to the inside of the rear window and also on bumper stickers--back when cars actually had, you know, bumpers.

• Like 1

Starting in August of ‘19, I’ll get to several UT athletic events and will probably buy a new long sleeve burnt orange shirt of some sort.  Would like it to be comfortable for a November football game, most hoop games, and maybe early baseball at the Disch.  

16 hours ago, Lobo said:

Starting in August of ‘19, I’ll get to several UT athletic events and will probably buy a new long sleeve burnt orange shirt of some sort.  Would like it to be comfortable for a November football game, most hoop games, and maybe early baseball at the Disch.   

https://www.petermillar.com/p/c/texas-perth-stretch-loop-terry-quarter-zip-me0ek40-texas.html

1539366910806_-7819497888206412208.jpg.iME0EK40-White-TEXAS.jpg.imgo.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

There exists a utilitarian garment, a combination of a long sleeve sweater with a hood typically constructed of 50+% cotton blend. It is known as a sweatshirt or “hoodie”to the proletariat.

Welcome to 2019, Lobo. Enjoy Texas.

I would never cover up my thick, lustrous hair with a hoodie.  And Peter Miller is too costly for my wallet.  

Between academic and athletic events, I’m probably in Burnt Orange nearly 100 days a year and I rotate between the same 5 shirts probably, all of which were bought on clearance and are at least 3+ years old. I do need one new shirt though, Preferably for under $75 

6 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

I love the state logo + fight, but hate that it's a trucker hat. Would buy if it was fitted.

Yeah that was my qualm as well. I was talking about the DBU hat though. 

The hats with mesh backs can be good for outdoorsy type stuff, though. 

On 2/12/2019 at 1:26 PM, The Ace of Aces said:

Anyone have this hat? I hated the old Nike hats because the bill felt like foam or something - spongy and weird. These look different but befor I buy and have it shipped figured I’d ask. 

I got mine yesterday.  Pretty much the same with the aerobill technology.  I will say this, imo this year’s versions all seem to have a tighter fit which make the bill look a lot better while you’re wearing it.   All three are nice, the throwback is legit...👍🏼

• Like 1