Stonehenge Builders Got Their Rocks Off... from 180 Miles Away?

phdhorn

They knew that the stones weren't from around the site, but now have pinpointed it.  Previously, leading candidates were within 50 miles or so (which is still a lot).  No other Neolithic site anywhere in Europe had stones from more than 10 miles.  Western Wales was on the map but there was no evidence to separate it from anywhere else with bluestones.

I'm telling you though, aliens did it.  I hope they're hot.

5 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

They knew that the stones weren't from around the site, but now have pinpointed it.  Previously, leading candidates were within 50 miles or so (which is still a lot).  No other Neolithic site anywhere in Europe had stones from more than 10 miles.  Western Wales was on the map but there was no evidence to separate it from anywhere else with bluestones.

Yeah saw a special on this a couple months ago. I thought they said they found the quarry site with a major degree of certainty.

19 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

the kind with Boobs on their back as well as the front

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

Y'all are just assuming they took a few rocks from Wales to build Stonehenge. How would you react if I told you the rocks all started at Stonehenge, and they took all those rocks to Wales, except for a few that they left standing in a circle?

You're using your own product ?

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Some tart in the lake handing a bloke a sword is no way to determine who has authority over a people! The rocks HAVE TO BE BLUEEEEE they said.

Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Y'all are just assuming they took a few rocks from Wales to build Stonehenge. How would you react if I told you the rocks all started at Stonehenge, and they took all those rocks to Wales, except for a few that they left standing in a circle?

kinison4.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You would think if it was some super advanced alien civilization that did this, they would have made something that looked a lot more cool instead of this piece of shit rock heap.

In fairness, it looked like this when the aliens left.

futuristic_buildings_pack_3d_model_c4d_m

But since humans have repeatedly shown the ability to fuck up a steel ball with a rubber hammer, you end up with what they have today.