SWA Troubles

AUS-97HORN

I saw the note from this weekend that SWA declared a company mechanical emergency and called in all their mechanics for mandatory OT, even threatening that if anyone called in sick without a doctors note they would be fired.

I Saw several issues in the last few days about a lot of flights being cancelled, Today, I am seeing that they have been forced to cancel even more hundreds of flights.

This seems like a major fuckup by their management/ logistics/ maintenance teams,  Herb would be real pissed at you guys.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/19/business/southwest-flight-cancellations/index.html

4 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I saw the note from this weekend that SWA declared a company mechanical emergency and called in all their mechanics for mandatory OT, even threatening that if anyone called in sick without a doctors note they would be fired.

I Saw several issues in the last few days about a lot of flights being cancelled, Today, I am seeing that they have been forced to cancel even more hundreds of flights.

This seems like a major fuckup by their management/ logistics/ maintenance teams,  Herb would be real pissed at you guys.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/19/business/southwest-flight-cancellations/index.html

It’s a pissing contest between their management and their mechanics union. It’s been 7 years since their last contract. 

We always pull performance numbers for a weight 2,000 lbs above our predicted takeoff weight so that small overages aren’t a problem. I’d be surprised if they didn’t do the same. 

SWA is still a fantastic company, but it’s no longer Herb’s airline.