The Umbrella Academy

joeycovers

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’d also contend that Sloane’s baby is Abigail Hargreaves 

Some of the theoretical time narrative appears to be borrowing from DARK (another Netflix series about trying to stop the apocalypse through time travel).

Hmm. Maybe. 

Wouldn’t DARK be borrowing from this?  I thought the comic for this had been out a while. 

9 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I have like a 100 questions.  Someone want to explain it to me like I am a 5 year old.  

It’s impossible because there are still too many known unknowns.  

Hazel is a big question mark for me.  Five even says he was the last “known unknown.”  My theory is he’s directly connected to Luther somehow (Could be his father or son).  At best, we are only getting half the picture at this point so no one is supposed to understand everything. You are supposed to feel lost at this point.  

12 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just finished and really dig this show a lot but I have no idea what just happened.  I have like a 100 questions.  Someone want to explain it to me like I am a 5 year old.  

Definitely lots of questions. Time travel and universe resets will do that.

Best recap I found. Pointed out some things I didn’t recall/catch….like the ‘gold orbs” (glittery things) that gave the kids powers..

• Hook 'Em 2

The existence of The Commission likely means there are multiple worlds.  Because how do you know what the correct timeline is if you don’t have another one to deviate or synchronize with? I’d speculate there is at least an Umbrella world and a synchronized/deviated Sparrow world. 

I feel like the show (and commentary in general) has really glossed over

Spoiler

Alison using her powers to almost rape Luther. I've always found her powers to be among the most unsettling because of what she'd be able to do if she were evil, and this season drove that home. That scene in particular was so dark, but a few minutes later it was like it had never happened, and it wasn't even mentioned again except for Alison's half-assed apology a few episodes later.

(not sure if we are still spoilering but doing it just in case)

Edited by austingirl
  • Like 1

I feel like the show (and commentary in general) has really glossed over
Spoiler

Alison using her powers to almost rape Luther. I've always found her powers to be among the most unsettling because of what she'd be able to do if she were evil, and this season drove that home. That scene in particular was so dark, but a few minutes later it was like it had never happened, and it wasn't even mentioned again except for Alison's half-assed apology a few episodes later.

(not sure if we are still spoilering but doing it just in case)

that’s part of what I posted in my thoughts. I felt like they were setting up the next season to have Allison as the villain since 5’s little speech to Viktor about a superhero with no friends or family and unchecked is basically a villain.

Allison seemed to break pretty clearly this season and was willing to trade everyone for her husband/daughter.

I guess it’s all to be seen when they have or explain the umbrella crew’s lack of powers

• Hook 'Em 1

Spoiler

I'm still wondering if, by virtue of being the one to press the reset button, the universe was remade as Allison wanted it (even subconsciously).  She has her loved ones.  Luther doesn't.  She might still have her powers (she didn't get drained to power the machine).  The others don't.

8 minutes ago, bernorange said:
  Hide contents

I'm still wondering if, by virtue of being the one to press the reset button, the universe was remade as Allison wanted it (even subconsciously).  She has her loved ones.  Luther doesn't.  She might still have her powers (she didn't get drained to power the machine).  The others don't.

Spoiler

I thought about this, but I don't think it explains why Reginald got Abigail back and apparently now is successful enough to have a bunch of buildings named for him in the new reality. Alison doesn't give a shit about him. I did find it weird that Ray is now back, living in her house in LA, and maybe is the father of Claire. That's not just going back and resetting things to the way they were; it's completely changing them. Sloane could be gone because the Sparrows only existed as a replacement for the Umbrellas after they messed with the original timeline in the second season, but it doesn't completely add up.