IBM's Racist Job Listings

Apep

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/02/26/ibm_racist_job_applications/

Last line is mine, not the article's.

Exclusive IBM has apologized after its recruitment webpages asked applicants whether their ethnicity was, among other options, the racial slurs Yellow and Mulatto.

In online application forms for positions within the US tech giant, in among other questions ranging from military veteran status, and eligibility to work in America, a bizarre drop-down menu asked whether jobseekers were Caucasian, Black, or Indigenous, as well as the aforementioned insults.

The Register was first alerted to the baffling error on Monday by an engineer who tried to apply for a technical role at IBM earlier this month, and was stunned by the slurs listed for a mandatory input field labeled: "Please state your ethnic group." [/quote]

I must confess that sometimes I conduct searches for ethnic and racial slurs on Indeed.com.

Edited by Apep

Holy fuck.  I've heard those terms in Spain for years, but I never knew there was an actual chart.

The Spanish are racist as hell, but that makes it official, apparently.  Crazy how you can get back to being Spanish in just two generations.

I'd also heard the term 'lobo' before, but I naively thought it was a wild child.  Guess not, because Spain is racist. 

4 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:

Holy fuck.  I've heard those terms in Spain for years, but I never knew there was an actual chart.

The Spanish are racist as hell, but that makes it official, apparently.  Crazy how you can get back to being Spanish in just two generations.

I'd also heard the term 'lobo' before, but I naively thought it was a wild child.  Guess not, because Spain is racist. 

The San Antonio Art Museum had an exhibit that featured a giant ass Casta painting last year. Sure we have racists now, but it was such a big deal that dominated every aspect of colonial life. 

Here is a picture of the exhibit

Image result for san antonio 1718 art from viceregal mexico

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Like 2