CPAC 2019

Grandioso

While it's true this collection of rubes and conmen makes the national political conventions look like meetings of the Harvard faculty, I think we're looking at the new face of American fascism. 

There is not even a facade of consideration of real issues. It's all self-congratulation and other-flagellation. All done with a genial smile and lame jokes for the humorless, irony-deaf patriots.

Hey, ol'  buddy, ain't it good to be with other good people who love this country? You're looking great, by the way. You seen that Porta Rican girl talkin' up the Socialsim? America haters tryin' tear apart this great country! [looks around with conspiratorial smile then leans in] A Jew, a Mexican, and a Negro walk into a bar...

It's easy to laugh at them. I laugh at them, but I'm uneasy. This distillation of the hate politics of the right started with Ronald Reagan being the smiling face stretched across the hate engine. These millions of deplorables were probably just garden variety ideologues a few decades ago. They number enough to dominate one of the two major political parties.

Right now they're old and white, but who is to say there isn't another distillation to take place that will appeal to more and more younger citizens?

Destroying Trump with irrefutable evidence won't daunt these people. Trump is a catalyst who pushes along the most deplorable things these people embrace. The next catalyst won't be so stupid or obviously corrupt. Then what?

Sorry to harsh the point and laugh. It's funny, but it kind of isn't funny.

• Like 2

If they wanted to back a gameshow host for President ("The Apprentice"), they could have gone with either a known conservative commodity in Pat Sajak or a very smart commodity in Alex Trebek.  Shit, I'd take Jim J. Bullock as POTUS at this point, and he was only a guest host. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

While it's true this collection of rubes and conmen makes the national political conventions look like meetings of the Harvard faculty, I think we're looking at the new face of American fascism. 

There is not even a facade of consideration of real issues. It's all self-congratulation and other-flagellation. All done with a genial smile and lame jokes for the humorless, irony-deaf patriots.

Hey, ol'  buddy, ain't it good to be with other good people who love this country? You're looking great, by the way. You seen that Porta Rican girl talkin' up the Socialsim? America haters tryin' tear apart this great country! [looks around with conspiratorial smile then leans in] A Jew, a Mexican, and a Negro walk into a bar...

It's easy to laugh at them. I laugh at them, but I'm uneasy. This distillation of the hate politics of the right started with Ronald Reagan being the smiling face stretched across the hate engine. These millions of deplorables were probably just garden variety ideologues a few decades ago. They number enough to dominate one of the two major political parties.

Right now they're old and white, but who is to say there isn't another distillation to take place that will appeal to more and more younger citizens?

Destroying Trump with irrefutable evidence won't daunt these people. Trump is a catalyst who pushes along the most deplorable things these people embrace. The next catalyst won't be so stupid or obviously corrupt. Then what?

Sorry to harsh the point and laugh. It's funny, but it kind of isn't funny.

i agree with a lot of this.

our only hope is our youth shaking us off like dead fleas.

look at these cpac personalities. these people are cynical carnival barkers, and there's probably not a true believer amongst them. they are in this for the graft. these people are swindlers, playing up the anxiety/hate politics that has taken over the older generations.

and, i mean, good for them for identifying a market and serving that market exactly what it seeks - that's capitalism in its perfect form. 

but bill buckley ain't walking through that door, even if we probably have him to blame for shoving the republican party over to the right.

but these people are clowns, just like the politicians we saw in the oversight committee yesterday. they are performing for their gerrymandered constituency, and gloating behind the scenes that they have managed to fool some of the people all of the time.

i will say that i think it's a tragedy that conservative thought has been distilled to this crowd of grifters. i firmly believe we need strong, real patriots trying to actually make america better one step at a time. these people are not interested in that. they want strife and division, because it is good for business, and that's all.

good night, sweet republican party. you are the ouroboros.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

i agree with a lot of this.

our only hope is our youth shaking us off like dead fleas.

look at these cpac personalities. these people are cynical carnival barkers, and there's probably not a true believer amongst them. they are in this for the graft. these people are swindlers, playing up the anxiety/hate politics that has taken over the older generations.

and, i mean, good for them for identifying a market and serving that market exactly what it seeks - that's capitalism in its perfect form. 

but bill buckley ain't walking through that door, even if we probably have him to blame for shoving the republican party over to the right.

but these people are clowns, just like the politicians we saw in the oversight committee yesterday. they are performing for their gerrymandered constituency, and gloating behind the scenes that they have managed to fool some of the people all of the time.

i will say that i think it's a tragedy that conservative thought has been distilled to this crowd of grifters. i firmly believe we need strong, real patriots trying to actually make america better one step at a time. these people are not interested in that. they want strife and division, because it is good for business, and that's all.

good night, sweet republican party. you are the ouroboros.

Buckley was a clown too, he was just better at speaking than the rest of them.

57 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Imagine if a young ambitious politician started a progressive conservative movement within the Republican Party. 

That’s going to be the antidote to this shit.  

The antidote is what Tucker Carlson and the agenda that he was talking about in his Jan. 2 monologue. Populist, anti-illegals, anti-corporate welfare and making fun of and belittling woke, identity politics. The white millennial stuck living in his parents’ house after graduating from college making a shitty salary because of depressed wages caused by abuse of H1-B visas by corporate leeches that is not getting any pussy much less getting married will be very fertile ground for my party to mine in the future.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

INCELS ASSEMBLE!

Laugh all you want but a large segment of frustrated, restless males are not good for any society. The almost demonization of masculinity by some segments of society has and will cause a backlash and the GOP is the party to harness its for political gain. Basically, what I am saying is that the GOP only has old, white males to court is a very false assumption to make.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

13 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

The antidote is what Tucker Carlson and the agenda that he was talking about in his Jan. 2 monologue. Populist, anti-illegals, anti-corporate welfare and making fun of and belittling woke, identity politics. The white millennial stuck living in his parents’ house after graduating from college making a shitty salary because of depressed wages caused by abuse of H1-B visas by corporate leeches that is not getting any pussy much less getting married will be very fertile ground for my party to mine in the future.

Seriously, it depresses me to know that you are somehow a member of the bar.

9 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Laugh all you want but a large segment of frustrated, restless males are not good for any society. The almost demonization of masculinity by some segments of society has and will cause a backlash and the GOP is the party to harness its for political gain. Basically, what I am saying is that the GOP only has old, white males to court is a very false assumption to make.

There's not a movement demonizing masculinity.

There's a moment demonizing those who utterly fail at it.  Incels, ignorant dipshits who don't have the balls to move where the jobs are, ignorant dipshits who take no responsibility for their own fate (hint: dropping out of high school to be a coal miner wasn't a sound choice) but instead blame nameless brown people for their suffering, etc. etc.

If you're secure in your masculinity, don't feel the need to flex it at the expense of other human beings, and take responsibility for your own shit and solve your own problems, 1) you're a man, and 2) nobody's shitting on you for it.

The GOP has old white males.  And it has some younger gutless losers, too -- the types who need to pose and talk tough as a substitute for actually BEING tough.

• Like 6

If for no other reason than white men stinking up the joint, I'm in favor of women taking a much larger role in DC govt. Women are tough, and they bring a different dynamic to the job of governing and serving. I always think of Jackie Speier, who's in her late 60s now. She was left for dead on the runway at Jonestown. She's not afraid to speak her mind, and she won't back down from a fight..

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There's not a movement demonizing masculinity.

There's a moment demonizing those who utterly fail at it.  Incels, ignorant dipshits who don't have the balls to move where the jobs are, ignorant dipshits who take no responsibility for their own fate (hint: dropping out of high school to be a coal miner wasn't a sound choice) but instead blame nameless brown people for their suffering, etc. etc.

If you're secure in your masculinity, don't feel the need to flex it at the expense of other human beings, and take responsibility for your own shit and solve your own problems, 1) you're a man, and 2) nobody's shitting on you for it.

The GOP has old white males.  And it has some younger gutless losers, too -- the types who need to pose and talk tough as a substitute for actually BEING tough.

This...it's not the A team that's hanging around in mom's basement playing Fortnite and lamenting their lack of success with women. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Ooooooh, scary beta cuck incels.

Edited by David Dennison