CPAC 2019

Grandioso

14 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Ok, I thought from the side that might a cute chick. Uh yeah, I was wrong. The pics on her tweeter *shiver*

Also - I can't figure these people out. They are pro military etc. but then post shit like this:

Dyu5ZwIUcAA1RE0.jpg:large

So which is it? Are we going to start a GoFundMe for the military or are we going to agree that at least some taxes are good? So confused.

That's the thing. Republicans no longer have a coherent conservative ideology, which gives them the freedom to hold contrasting viewpoints across the spectrum. Insofar as beliefs go, their only one is to support Team Red no matter what. It's what allows supposed Christians to support policies that are diametrically opposed to their religion. It's what allows supposed libertarians to support crooked cops. It's what allows supposed fiscal hawks to support tax cuts that break the bank.

For all the old criticism about Obama being an empty vessel in which anyone could pour his/her desires, the real one is the Republican Party. The only consistency that I can see in their beliefs is "I've got mine, so fuck you."

Hmmm...maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that's what is really meant by the definition of "conservatism." Conserve my existing privileged status or regress to the previous one at the expense of everything else.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Ok, I thought from the side that might a cute chick. Uh yeah, I was wrong. The pics on her tweeter *shiver*

Also - I can't figure these people out. They are pro military etc. but then post shit like this:

So which is it? Are we going to start a GoFundMe for the military or are we going to agree that at least some taxes are good? So confused.

Does she realize that she is on the wrong side of the wall?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Laugh all you want but a large segment of frustrated, restless males are not good for any society. The almost demonization of masculinity by some segments of society has and will cause a backlash and the GOP is the party to harness its for political gain. Basically, what I am saying is that the GOP only has old, white males to court is a very false assumption to make.

Consider it done. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

TIL that there exists a fat white dork from Vegas, who works at a pawn shop and has appeared on a *reality* teevee show and has pleaded (per wiki) "guilty to a felony weapons charge; unlawful possession of a firearm; and to a gross misdemeanor of attempted drug possession," only had to serve three years probation and counseling for those offenses.

I ain't no lawyer but that sounds like a sweet gig.

10 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Really? You do read secrant politics, right? That guy fits in well with most people that wear lsu shirts.

That's your perception because almost all the liberal LSU posters have been banned.  Myself included.

Those that haven't been banned either don't post about politics or tread very lightly. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, relapse98 said:

They have no idea.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:15 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

Laugh all you want but a large segment of frustrated, restless males are not good for any society. The almost demonization of masculinity by some segments of society has and will cause a backlash and the GOP is the party to harness its for political gain. Basically, what I am saying is that the GOP only has old, white males to court is a very false assumption to make.

So what you're saying is that we just have to wait out one more generation and then the GOP will be left to their progeny: Crusted and flaky mason jars, gym socks and tissues. 

1 minute ago, Winona's Big Orange Bevo said:

So what you're saying is that we just have to wait out one more generation and then the GOP will be left to their progeny: Crusted and flaky mason jars, gym socks, tissues, and Iconoclast's tonsils.

Fixed for accuracy.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Can someone remind me what time Honey Boo Boo goes on?  I can't find my schedule.

Honey Boo Boo's speech criticizing Bloomberg's ban on extra large sodas is going to be right after Kid Rock and Fabio's speech on how celebrities should stay out of politics. It will be in the Bald Eagle room, just to the left of the ranch dressing fountain. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

How is it that so many British grifters have become enmeshed in this stupid era of American politics?

You know how everyone rushed to California when gold was discovered?

Yeah....this is just like that.  Except instead of gold, Trump struck a mother lode vein of pure 24k stupidity.  There's enough for ALL the grifters to cash in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

I guess there's always that 10% that didn't get the message...

Charlottesville_'Unite_the_Right'_Rally_

But I guess you'd say this evidence is merely circumstantial?

giphy.gif

Yep, one photograph of 12 people is a perfect representation of an entire nation of 325 million people.  Would you consider a photograph of 12 members of the Flat Earth Society to be evidence that the United States believes the earth is flat?  You have had one rally that made the news in the last thirty years or so.  Compare that to the 1920s when the KKK was marching down the streets of Washington D.C. in full robe in droves on Inauguration Day.  When was the last time you saw a "Whites Only" sign plastered on a public drinking fountain or restroom?  Racism today, as far as being a driving force in America, is nothing but a political boogieman used by the Democrat Party to scare ignorant voters into voting for them.  If this country is such an evil and racist country why do people from practically every other country on earth put so much effort into trying to immigrate here?