Mindhunter

Goo Punch

Love this show. I'm about 2 episodes into the second season.

I have some nits to pick, though:

1. I think "they" did a poor job in attempting to portray Holden as changing (for the worse) during the last few episodes of season one. It seemed to me that he was pretty much the same and the others were clueless (relatively speaking, of course). And the whole panic attack thing in season two felt forced. 

2. Kick that bitch Wendy to the curb. I think she's little more than a rat fink. She's corrosive, imo.

3. Love Tench. That actor is great.

4. Holden needs to gtfo of the FBI. This whole shit is poorly done, imo. He is "ratted" on to OPR by Tench (maybe rightfully so), Wendy doesn't think much of him (or at least treats him as something stuck on the bottom of her shoes), and it turns out that he (Ford) is responsible for Shepard getting canned? Fuck that. Ford has absolutely no future in the FBI (imo, and up to about episode 2 in season 2). The FBI prioritizes procedure over results, for the most part. Ford doesn't fit their mold. 

lol I actually just listened to an episode of the podcast “You’re Wrong About” on Dahmer so it was fresh in my mind.

I do have a weird thing about serial killers though. I’ve told the story on here before but I think it comes from the fact that one of Bundy’s Chi Omega victims was one of my childhood babysitters.

Sounds like a serial killer starter kit

Just got around to starting, got through 3 episodes the last couple of nights. 

Still love it. Berkowitz was great. Sounds like I can look forward to Tex Watson and Charlie Manson. 

I don’t recall the Atlanta murders at all. 

They set up the thing with Mrs. Tench’s listing well with the distraught detective, and then he walks tench into the garage and we see the outline. 

As for the btk story and timeline, doesn’t he  stop killing for long periods of time?  They could go away from him if he goes dormant, then get pulled back when he starts up again. 

One infamous guy that was in an institution during all of this was Eddie Gein, but I don’t think they’ve mentioned him on the show as a possible interviewee.  Died in 1984 so maybe it’s already too late, but his is a story I’d be interested in hearing him tell. Maybe he was just too different to be applicable to their work. 

35 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

As for the btk story and timeline, doesn’t he  stop killing for long periods of time?  They could go away from him if he goes dormant, then get pulled back when he starts up again. 

He killed all of his victims from the late 70s/early 80s through the early 90s. 

They caught him because he started sending letters to Wichita media outlets in the mid 2000s. I don't recall why he all of a sudden started sending letters again... I think maybe a local TV station ran a story about the cold case or something.

On 9/4/2019 at 10:33 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

He killed all of his victims from the late 70s/early 80s through the early 90s. 

They caught him because he started sending letters to Wichita media outlets in the mid 2000s. I don't recall why he all of a sudden started sending letters again... I think maybe a local TV station ran a story about the cold case or something.

read about how he was caught and apparently it was speculation that he was dead or in jail that brought him back out

On 8/26/2019 at 2:36 PM, utxmike05 said:

Fuck  those sociopaths....give me the creeps.  Same with Tench's kid.

Yep!

Spoiler

I thought his refusal to talk was due to abuse, but when Tench told that fishing story and the kid pipe'd right up, "Did the fish die?"  That's the moment I'd have taken him down to the river and tossed him in.  He's a future Dahmer.

On 9/6/2019 at 11:39 PM, Incredulity said:

Just finished season 2.

good stuff.  

Assuming there is a season 3 pending, it will be personally the most I have anticipated a season of any series since Sopranos and The Wire.

Fincher has said he wants to do 5 seasons, and since this thing is a huge hit, I'd be very surprised if they didn't keep it going.

• 1 month later...