Barry: new HBO show

HiggyBaby

21 hours ago, Rougarou said:

You might enjoy a show but find some really parts excruciating to sit through and the cringe worthiness is just too much to bear. You ever do that in real life? I have moments like that often where I just have to bow out of conversations or situations because I am hypersensitive to the cheese and cringe and it bothers me.

I've been trying to fast forward through life for a while now.  Unfortunately, this shit is stuck in real time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I absolutely hate Sally as a person, but I love that character. I actively root against her and love seeing her deal with failure. Reminds me of this one chick I knew in college who went off to Hollywood to become an actress and spent years trying with her biggest role being a part of an Asylum film where she was "girl in boat" who loses her top for 3 seconds of screen time. So many people try to make it but just can't, and never have the self awareness to realize they might be part of the problem.

I’m looking but I can’t see the pics. Or at least a link. 

12 hours ago, Tom said:

I've been trying to fast forward through life for a while now.  Unfortunately, this shit is stuck in real time.

Same here except I have been trying to rewind, with my current knowledge, so I could avoid several mistakes, like getting married...no dice.

saw noho hank a couple tables over at little dom’s yesterday for lunch in los feliz.  we were pretty much the only occupied tables. would’ve tried for a hilarious pic with him, but he was with his wife and baby. 

seeing him spend most of lunch rocking a baby back and forth in a stroller seemed weirdly in-character. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo
20 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

saw noho hank a couple tables over at little dom’s yesterday for lunch in los feliz.  we were pretty much the only occupied tables. would’ve tried for a hilarious pic with him, but he was with his wife and baby. 

seeing him spend most of lunch rocking a baby back and forth in a stroller seemed weirdly in-character. 

I would think just watching him do mundane family stuff was markedly more entertaining than a picture.  Particularly if you imagine him speaking in his Chechen accent.  "Now your famous Piadine, it is coming out in one of those cute little olde-time skillets?  Would be so cute for baby holding it."  

I don't know where that character goes in Season 3, but I haz excite.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just started watching as well.  Accidentally started watching season 2 first, got thru most of the episode, then just decided to watch the whole 2nd season first.  Now I've started the 1st season.  I find myself mesmerized by the blonde chick.

Have heard so many times "you've got to watch this, it's the best show ever!" about 20 different shows.  This one has kept me interested though, it's pretty good.

5 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

I haven’t read this thread but just finished season 1. Great show. The scenes between NoHo and Fuches when they thought Barry was dead was top notch. 

"I was walking around the other day and I saw this guy, and thought...(gasp) BARRY!..... But it was not Barry.... (sigh)...."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 12:22 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Bumping because I’ve been slowly watching this and enjoying it. But I just watched the episode where he’s supposed to kill Ronnie, S2E5, and it’s one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen. 

Nice!

Yeah the Ronnie/Lilly episode is the best episode of any TV show I've seen in several years.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/12/2019 at 10:21 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah the Ronnie/Lilly episode is the best episode of any TV show I've seen in several years.  

Doing a rewatch of the show and forgot how f'n good that episode was. She's not human!

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

Winkler seems like a pretty solid guy.  I have watched several episodes of a NBC reality show called "Better Late Than Never" that he is on along with Terry Bradshaw, William Shatner, George Foreman and Jeff Dye.  He seems to be the glue that keeps them all together.  The show is OK but it does have its funny moments.

• 7 months later...
On 3/16/2022 at 7:00 PM, henrygandorf said:

i did a rewatch during covid and already forgot everything again.

alright, damn it, I'm in for this, before it re-airs.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:10 PM, Gene Parmesan said:

The last episode aired the same night as the GOT finale.  That seems like ages ago. 

That is fucking crazy, I knew it had been awhile, but holy shit!

10 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Three episodes into a rewatch - damn this show is funny.

This show was great, so happy its returning!  Enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's getting even darker, which is saying something.  But NoHo Hank seems as spirited as ever.  I love this fucking show.  

And more Chechens.  those guys and their shenanigans. 

• 3 weeks later...