Barry: new HBO show

HiggyBaby

15 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i wonder what the percentage is of people who say, "that's it, i'm done with this show" who actually follow through and stop watching.

i bet those people secretly watch.

Probably the same percentage who say they are "done" watching Longhorn football each year

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i wonder what the percentage is of people who say, "that's it, i'm done with this show" who actually follow through and stop watching.

I'd agree.  Especially this just being a 30 minute show with 8 episode season.  People pretend like there time is worth a lot all the time but they know it's not.  I waste more than 30 minutes a week just staring into blank space.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

After all the bitching on this thread about the first 2 episodes I was tempted to give up.  Glad I didn't.

On 5/10/2022 at 1:56 PM, DDD Dad said:

Not gonna lie.  I'm disappointed with this season so far.  There have been a few glimmers of greatness, but overall it feels like they've run out of ideas.

On 5/10/2022 at 2:02 PM, Gene Parmesan said:

The last episode was boring as shit.  I'd agree they probably don't have a good idea where to take the story.  The threads are all fucked up and not entertaining.  

On 5/11/2022 at 7:05 AM, Mac8111 said:

Yeah. I think I am out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/11/2022 at 8:43 PM, Biff Tannen said:

It's starting really dark and not very funny, but I'll stick it out.  

On 5/14/2022 at 12:26 PM, F250 said:

I watched the first two episodes and have no desire to watch the third episode. It's about as entertaining as watching paint dry. The drama is unappealing, the humor falls flat which makes the characters unlikable.

On 5/23/2022 at 1:03 AM, Fletch said:

First 3 episodes were meh to shit. Last 2 have been pretty solid. Good. Hopefully they’ve found their season 3 footing

Este.

On 5/31/2022 at 2:46 PM, Ten Bears said:

lmao at anyone who dropped out of this season.

On 6/2/2022 at 12:01 PM, henrygandorf said:

I was never done with it, just disappointed after the first three episodes.  Last few have been much more entertaining.  

On 6/7/2022 at 2:13 PM, mdleast said:

I have been on board with this show the whole time though, as it and he has taken a darker turn, I’m fascinated/baffled as to how they’ll be able to stick the landing when it comes to a series finale.

There's another season

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely agree that the beginning of the season sucked. I liked it as it went on....but definitely found myself rooting against Barry and hoping that someone kills him. The various attempts at "payback" on him were humorous though. And obviously i thought he deserved what he got at the end of the season.

Shoulda listened to Mitch on that zoom sesh for sure. Dip that toe, bro.

On 6/29/2022 at 11:30 AM, Pam Cummings said:

Definitely agree that the beginning of the season sucked. I liked it as it went on....but definitely found myself rooting against Barry and hoping that someone kills him. The various attempts at "payback" on him were humorous though. And obviously i thought he deserved what he got at the end of the season.

Shoulda listened to Mitch on that zoom sesh for sure. Dip that toe, bro.

the character i cant stand is stephen root's.  he serves no purpose - didnt when he was on barry's side, or against.  he's a con artist and has no value.  someone needs to off that mother.

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

the character i cant stand is stephen root's.  he serves no purpose - didnt when he was on barry's side, or against.  he's a con artist and has no value.  someone needs to off that mother.

I hate his story lines too. They're pointless and dumb. But he was great in the beginning, and i enjoy his shenanigans, so i give it a pass. It definitely feels like they've set it up to where Barry and Fuches can reunite in prison.

• 3 weeks later...

Have to admit this one fell off my radar during Covid. Fully caught up now. Season 3 bought the lulz. Motorcycle chase. Too many dogs. Voice to text. And some seriousness with Barry’s buddy telling him this isn’t him. Sally’s a bit much though. I think somehow Barry’s buddy comes through next season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Season 1 was basically perfect. A perfect dark comedy. Season 2 was really good. Season 3 was.... not really funny at all. This looks similar. I'm not sure if I'll even watch. 

After the first or second episode of last season I just fast forwarded through all of the girlfriend's plot and it was much better.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...