Smart Home Thread

Anastasis

Carrying over the thread from the old board: http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/175403-What-s-in-your-quot-smart-home-quot?s=2bd262d3d8a95f876563dac02776a102

My recent upgrade is replacing my monitored alarm system with konnected boards that integrate with smart things.  All my hardwired door and window sensors feed into smartthings devices. Have  a few slots open, so installed a couple switches to operate the garage overhead doors. Will add open/shut sensors to each garage door to automate further (e.g., if garage open past 11PM, trigger overhead door). Using stringify, ifttt, and smartthings to automate and set routines. None of the routine building apps are really user friendly and robust, so this is still a weakness imo. 

Current lay of the land:

Smartthings hub

Lutron caseta dimmers, switches, and fan controllers

Leak sensors in every shitter, and wet areas of the kitchen

ecobee thermostats x 2, sensors x4

phones operating as presence sensors

open/shut, motion, and garage overhead doors controlled through konnected

Ring cameras at doorbell, living room, and driveway

Next upgrades: garage door sensors, Rachio sprinkler control

Before and after:

C328-A312-FA99-403-C-9-D00-9-D980-E95-D5

C1-A6-E2-F1-021-B-4156-9233-F1-D2-BFC7-B

• Like 2

Glad you made this thread. You have me interested in the konnected stuff. I need to look into doing something similar with my hard wired alarm that does nothing right now.

Currently using Alexa's, Philips hub and various bulbs/ switches

3 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Glad you made this thread. You have me interested in the konnected stuff. I need to look into doing something similar with my hard wired alarm that does nothing right now.

Currently using Alexa's, Philips hub and various bulbs/ switches

The konnected stuff has been rock solid for me.  18 zones, six per board in the picture. The owner does a bunch of tutorials and videos. https://konnected.io/