Shit Trader Joe's makes (when it's open)

ohchaucer

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

These are excellent late night snacking fare, especially the lamb. It's more of a generic curry than vindaloo, imo, but still a treat. How often does one find lamb in a TV dinner?

l.jpg

The butter chicken is better than the Malory of Indian restaurants in this country.   

• 1 year later...
On 9/20/2021 at 12:05 AM, Blotto said:

this shits pretty good as well. Closest store bought version of Taco Deli's dona sauce I have found.

image.png.9e32e52281e1e6c5060dc8b59124666d.png

Big fan.  Always have one bottle in the fridge and another on backup.  My go-to weekend breakfast is two eggs, scrambled or fried, topped with a healthy dose of that stuff, and a cuppa coffee.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:05 AM, Blotto said:

this shits pretty good as well. Closest store bought version of Taco Deli's dona sauce I have found.

image.png.9e32e52281e1e6c5060dc8b59124666d.png

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Big fan.  Always have one bottle in the fridge and another on backup.  My go-to weekend breakfast is two eggs, scrambled or fried, topped with a healthy dose of that stuff, and a cuppa coffee.

Can confirm. Like Brisket, I always have a bottle in the fridge and another on backup. I go through a bottle a week. 

We also like these

Trader Joes Dark Chocolate Natural Peanut Butter Cups (2 PK)

• Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

We are fans of their marinated chicken and beef. Pollo asado, chicken schwarma, and beef bulgogi we always have in the freezer for random lazy cook nights. Always good

Picked up a seasoned tri-tip from there one night when I needed something to throw on the grill for dinner.  It was a winner, would do it again (but now that it's just my wife and me, will probably wait till the kids are home -- it's a bit big for two, and it's best fresh and hot, not as leftovers).

• Hook 'Em 1

Fried “toasted” meat ravioli was something I grew up on in Memphis. At Louis to New Orleans it’s very popular, not just an appetizer in an Italian joint but a lot of bars and diners. Where do ya think pizza rolls came from.

St Louis has produced some great unique takes on snack food. Provel pizza, toasted ravioli, among others.

8 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Fried “toasted” meat ravioli was something I grew up on in Memphis. At Louis to New Orleans it’s very popular, not just an appetizer in an Italian joint but a lot of bars and diners. Where do ya think pizza rolls came from.

St Louis has produced some great unique takes on snack food. Provel pizza, toasted ravioli, among others.

Are you of the opinion I said something different?  Not sure your point.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

No Reaction GIFs | Tenor

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Are you of the opinion I said something different?  Not sure your point.

not every reply is retort (mine is tho)

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

First time I ever had it was at some bar in St. Louis almost a decade ago, where the chicks wore body paint iirc or I went to that place after can't remember but they were pretty meh. Haven't ordered ordered any since. 

2 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

First time I ever had it was at some bar in St. Louis almost a decade ago, where the chicks wore body paint iirc or I went to that place after can't remember but they were pretty meh.
Haven't ordered ordered any since. 

I would order a chick wearing body paint tonight even if they’re pretty meh.

I just can’t find them on the menus at Uber Eats.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I would order a chick wearing body paint tonight even if they’re pretty meh.

I just can’t find them on the menus at Uber Eats.

It was then I learned that the tinder in Dallas was not the same as St Louis. Tites are tites not definitely not the best. St. Louis and Cleveland are at the bottom of my hook up list 

EE666B42-9F12-4085-869A-5AEC51EB9E18.thumb.jpeg.321ee5117f9176e7da805457d20251a3.jpeg

These are always good. 

They come with dehydrated blueberries that you start soaking as the first step, but this time I just put in a container of fresh blueberries because I smoked the dehydrated ones about 3 months ago, but never finished making the muffins. (Probably didn’t have enough butter.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 9:17 PM, Napoleon said:

EE666B42-9F12-4085-869A-5AEC51EB9E18.thumb.jpeg.321ee5117f9176e7da805457d20251a3.jpeg

These are always good. 

They come with dehydrated blueberries that you start soaking as the first step, but this time I just put in a container of fresh blueberries because I smoked the dehydrated ones about 3 months ago, but never finished making the muffins. (Probably didn’t have enough butter.)

$5 for muffin mix?

Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Superhero said:

This is probably a seasonal thing. My kids gave me a can for Christmas last year because they know I like rosemary. It's back in the store for $7 or so.

They are selling on amazon for $18. Talk about an arbitrage opportunity.

image.jpeg.bf1836ecb9a09b5e1c32b6a0ceba3fb3.jpeg

There's a whole business in Canada of Canadians who buy a bunch of TJ products and sell them at a mark-up although the exchange rate may be screwing up that model

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2023 at 12:19 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Good, but I wish it were as hot as the Taco Deli version. 

On 1/6/2023 at 4:51 PM, Hefeweizen said:

I’m heading to TJ shortly.  My wife is addicted to deez nuts.  Also I am going to get that jalapeño sauce because we can’t find good salsa or even the right peppers to make it out here.

Their Swiss chocolate with hazelnuts is pretty awesome.

I've posted this on lots of threads, but yall just need to make your own. It takes about 20 minutes, but 18 of those minutes are just the oven cooking shit. The other two are you flipping peppers, switching to the garlic, and blending. I use avocado oil. 

https://grassfedsalsa.com/blog/creamy-jalapeno-sauce/

If it's too hot, add more oil. Also, if you nix the Cilantro it keeps way, way longer in the fridge. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I've posted this on lots of threads, but yall just need to make your own. It takes about 20 minutes, but 18 of those minutes are just the oven cooking shit. The other two are you flipping peppers, switching to the garlic, and blending. I use avocado oil. 

https://grassfedsalsa.com/blog/creamy-jalapeno-sauce/

If it's too hot, add more oil. Also, if you nix the Cilantro it keeps way, way longer in the fridge. 

This is what I do.  It freezes well, too.

I agree that picking up a bottle in a pinch is easier, but not quite the same.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/19/2021 at 3:42 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

These are excellent late night snacking fare, especially the lamb. It's more of a generic curry than vindaloo, imo, but still a treat. How often does one find lamb in a TV dinner?

l.jpg

I tried all the frozen Indian meals with meat. They do pretty well in the oven if you wrap in foil.

1) Chicken Masala

2) Butter chicken 

3) Lamb Vindaloo

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...